over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Anabolic Steroids and Fatty Liver Disease

prettyboy2000

Newbies
Does anybody have any info or experience with anabolic steroids, mainly injectable steroids causing fatty liver disease?

Nafld is almost always rooted in metabolic dysfunction, where adverse metabolism of sugars and glucose lead to ectopic fat deposits in the liver through de novo lipogenesis. Alanine aminotransferace is a lab indicator that presents alongside nafld, and if your gear is causing transient changes in your liver enzymes a doc may misinterpret one for the other. As a direct causal effect I have never seen it. There have been some studies weakly linking the two from years ago that never made a big impact after publication.

Why do you ask ? Info is helpful

Nafld is almost always rooted in metabolic dysfunction, where adverse metabolism of sugars and glucose lead to ectopic fat deposits in the liver through de novo lipogenesis. Alanine aminotransferace is a lab indicator that presents alongside nafld, and if your gear is causing transient changes in your liver enzymes a doc may misinterpret one for the other. As a direct causal effect I have never seen it. There have been some studies weakly linking the two from years ago that never made a big impact after publication.

Why do you ask ? Info is helpful

A little under 2 years ago, through a few blood tests and a liver biopsy my doctor diagnosed me with NAFLD with mild cirrhosis.. At the time I was on a cruise cycle for probably a good 3 years, with mainly injectable test at low doses between 250-500 a week with nothing else except a a little deca here an there say 200-400 mg a week. At the time I rarely drank alcohol, diet wasnt the best but it could of been worse. Liver values never got crazy high, cholestrol was up a bit.
Once I told my doctor i was shooting anabolic steroids, they didn't look for any other causes. They were dead set it was the steroids. They ordered me to stop taking the anabolics, stop drinking, stay off the fried foods, and lose weight.
I stopped taking the anabolic steroids for a over year, cut the fried food out, and haven't drank since. My liver values were tested in june and are still slightly elevated. Here is the last set of blood work done, I was off at the time. I started a light test cycle shorty after the results.

cholsterol 222
triglyceride 161
HDL 42
LDL 148

ast 38
alt 115

I tried to list the blood work values that were high at times or still are high, keep in mind that the numbers never got super high. After a year off, Im trying to shoot 250mg of test e every 7 days, and see if it affects my blood work much, if it does then I guess I'll be done with the anabolics :(

My next blood test is in november btw.

I’m interested in seeing your repeat lab work. Nothing about trt should cause fatty liver unless it’s just happening alongside your use for another reason. A lot of docs are quick to blame hormones since they don’t fully understand them.

I’m interested in seeing your repeat lab work. Nothing about trt should cause fatty liver unless it’s just happening alongside your use for another reason. A lot of docs are quick to blame hormones since they don’t fully understand them.

I'm going to come off my test injections about a month before my blood test, and then i'll post the lab test results. Thank you for the info and input.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws