Do you take creatine while on a cycle?

• Yes - I continue to take creatine while on a cycle

Votes: 231 62.4%
  • No - I dont take creatine while on a cycle

Votes: 139 37.6%

• Total voters

Sly_s13

Newbies
So guys do you guys still use creatine while on a cycle? If yes, please describe the cycle you are on and which type of creatine. If no, please explain why other than simply bloating.

On oral only cycles I use it, because I think there could be some benifit.

On all major cycles I don't. I'm getting so much help from the cycle, I don't think it's worth the time.

I use the cheap stuff.

I only respond to the more expensive micro-nized stuff with carbs, and with the gear I can't afford it. I only use protein and a multi while on.

The negatives outweigh the positives.

The negatives outweigh the positives.

Elaborate on this. As long as it not a monohydrate form I see no problems. I usually take it pre-workout with arginine great results thusfar while on cycle.

I am doing pretty much the "milos" formula Pre and post with the creatine, BCAA's, Arginine, I use Waxy maize instead of vitargo however, getting great gains.

no contribution

Last edited:
creatine while on cycle?

a good friend of mine did test 400 and dball and creatine for a while and you could just see the water sloshing around in his body. his doctor said the water surrounding his heart was deadly and wanted to give him a pacemaker. well when he got off and started doing cardio his heart condition reversed so who knows.

a good friend of mine did test 400 and dball and creatine for a while and you could just see the water sloshing around in his body. his doctor said the water surrounding his heart was deadly and wanted to give him a pacemaker. well when he got off and started doing cardio his heart condition reversed so who knows.

Wow, that is a massive amount of water retention. What percent BF was he at the time? I think the water retention from dbol alone would make me not use creatine untill after I was off the dbol front load.

man i dont think id ever use creatine again lol..i can get a bottle of d for as much or even less then a bucket of creatine

that doesnt sound good -- i didnt even realize that was possible - does that amount of water retention just happen from lack of cardio - im a begginner and i dont want this to happen to me

So does Dbol pretty much do the same thing as creatine only to a much faster and greater response?

SLY, while your on the juice you are getting the best that you can already. If it were me, I would use it to bridge the gap between cycles! (just my .02)

If I'm not mistaken....

So does Dbol pretty much do the same thing as creatine only to a much faster and greater response?

They do not do the same thing.

Creatine is supposed to make you hold water inside the muscle cell (a good thing).

Dbol will make you retain water outside the muscle cell (in excess a very bad thing).

Last edited:
from another PM discussion:
All anabolic steriods are synthetic compounds whose structure is similar to that of the natural male sex horomone testosterone. Testosterone affects development of the male body in two important ways: it has an anabolic effect-increased growth, expecially of muscular and skeletal tissue and an androgenic effect-increased development of mail sexual characteristics. Once taken into the bloodstream, anabolic steriods bind to hormone receptonrs on skeletal muscle and other cells and stimulate synthesis of certain specific enzymes. These enzymes promote two improtant biochemical reactions: creatine phoshate systesis and protein sythesis. Creatine phospate is a molecule that can be metabolized in the absense of sufficient oxygen as a shot-term source of energy. Increased creatine phospate synthesis thus allows athletes to train harders and for longer periods of time, and therefore build more muscle. Protien synthesis is essential for long-term development of increased muscle mass or "bulk". In addtion, anabolic steriods promote nitrogen retention by the body. By allowing for better utization of the nitrogen in ingested protein, anabolic steriods help athlets to build mass. However this effect is offset by the bodys homeostatic mechanisms, which are designed to maintain a stable environment: therefore in order to increase body mas by using anabolic steriods, athletes must also adhere to a diet with suffiecent protein and calories - up to 10,000 calories daily with 300 to 400 grams of protein.

Question: Creatine synthesis, if you increase creatine intake while on AS will it help you get stronger. I had always thought it just added to the amount of water you retain ?

Although creatine does have testosterone-like effects,it doesn't act as a steroid hormone.Instead,it's a mediator of some of the
androgens' anabolic effects.In fact,steroid users get far more out
of their cycles if they take in massive amounts of creatine along
with the drugs.Androgens are among the hormones that can force the entry of creatine into muscle cells.While there's a clear
relationship between muscle strength gains and increases in muscle creatine stores,unfortunately,the relationship is not as obvious when it comes to increases in muscle mass.Animal-based studies have shown that the muscles of untrained rats take up as much creatine as the muscles of trained rats,but the ANABOLIC effects of creatine are only obvious in trained rats.Therefore,training increases the muscles sensitivity to the anabolic actions of creatine.(Although it's not related to this article,the study also demonstrated that the anabolic effects of creatine are DIRECT,and not mediated by waterretention.In fact,in the 1970s American and Russian studies pointed out a DIRECT anabolic effect of creatine on muscle cells.)Testosterone increases the muscles'sensitivity to the anabolic properties of creatine in addition to enhancing the creatine buildup in muscle fibers.It's also obvious that part of the strength gains people experience while on steroids are mediated by an increase in muscle creatine stores.An interesting discovery A/S users have made is that they should dramatically increase their creatine intake during a cycle to boost the potency of the steroids.Thanks to creatine,people can build more muscle mass with fewer drugs.Anecdotal evidence from A/S users points out that it takes at least 10-15 grams(maintenance)of creatine a day to visibly enhance the the anabolic potency of a steroid stack.There are probably good reasons for the increased creatine requirement when androgen levels are high.As mentioned above,steroids increase the muscle uptake of creatine,and if the muscles are ready to accept more creatine,why not give it to them?I also think that even though steroids enhance creatine synthesis,they may increase creatine degradation as well-so more creatine is used up every day.That could be due to an increase in muscle creatine turnover and also the fact
that an elevated muscle protein synthesis rate will likely consume
creatine at a faster rate.Other reasons for a higher creatine
requirement may be indirect.Because the muscles of drug users are stronger and receive more training,they may waste greater amounts of creatine during training.Once inside the muscle,creatine provides not only an anabolic effect,but also a rapidly mobilized source of fuel.Muscle protein synthesis is a process that wastes great amounts of energy.Anabolism is an ATP-dependent process,which means that it's essential for protein synthesis.If the cellular level of ATP is reduced even a little,IT STOPS ANABOLISM.So even if you can increase the testosterone content of your muscles,nothing will happen if your
ATP level is low.Creatine supports anabolism by providing energy to the muscle.

true awesome post...I wonder if it is fact or theory??
Very interesting to my little brain nonetheless..
peace

i currently take 10g a day of creatine while on cycle. i made this decision based on alr's book... CME or BTPB... which ever one it was in.... not sure if that is the same excerpt or not but looks similar

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131