Votes: 7 10.0%
  • I cut off cycle/while cruising and always use my cycles to gain

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • I cut and bulk on cycle

Votes: 55 78.6%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 106824

Basically like the title says, do you guys spend time cutting on cycles, or use them solely for gains and try to cut off cycle? It seems like cutting off cycle would just make you lose everything (this happened to me after a designer steroid cycle) and if you try to bulk off cycle it seems like it would be almost all fat. I’m starting to see why people never want to come off :D

I tried to start my first ‘real’ cycle pretty lean, but for whatever reason I kept losing strength and size so I started it at 196.8lb 33.5in waist arms 16.5in maybe 16% body fat. 500mg Test E for 10 weeks, 30mg superdrol 1st 4 weeks. Well in the first 2 weeks I ate what’s normally maintenance and went up to 208 and 34.25in. waist, arms 17. Started my cut officially and now finishing at 192.4, 32.75in waist, 16.75in arms. I feel like even though I lost a decent amount of fat from the start of the cut at 208 if you actually compare to the start of the cycle I’m really not much leaner. On top of that I would imagine that coming off cycle I will start to lose the little strength gains I had. Although I’m really hoping that’s negligible since I’m ending a cut and therefore increasing calories. I feel like if I just ate at maintenance I would be so much further along with quantifiable progress, but then again also fatter then I’d like to be. End result is I seem to have lost maybe 5lb of fat overall and I’m a little stronger than before the cycle but nothing much to speak off, no real PRs (I was a little weaker than usual starting the cycle). I’m pretty disappointed to be honest for my first 10 weeks on AAS. I feel like at this point I’m just going to maintain weight while trying to get any strength gains I can until my next cycle which probably wouldn’t be until October or November.

Another interesting thing is that normally if I lose almost pure fat I will lose an inch off my waist for every 6lb or so of weight loss, whereas this time it took about 10lb of weight loss for that same inch coming down from 208 (which would normally indicate more muscle loss for me) even though I gained a little strength throughout the cycle. It just wouldn’t go down. This final week I lost 1.5lb and it was exactly the same. Do people tend to hold water around the stomach in particular more on cycle? I don’t feel like I’m holding much water just from looking at me but last blood work showed test around 2300 and E around 55 so I would assume that would be causing some water weight and maybe I will look leaner when coming off?

Excellent question!

I like to cut after a 'consolidation' phase. For example I would bulk on a blast, drop the other AAS other than test at the end, then slowly taper back my test dose.
Week 1- 700mg test prop
Week 2- 600mg test prop
Week 3- 500mg test prop
Week 4- 500mg test prop
Week 5- 400mg test prop
Week 6- 400mg test prop
Week 7- 300mg test prop
Week 8- 300mg test prop

This period (in theory) lets the body get used to the new muscle with tons of test in the system. The training intensity and the diet needs to stay consistant and not be reduced too much, so the only variable going down is the amount of anabolics in the bloodstream. After this consolodation period, we can drop the test down to the cruise dose of 200mg and then eventually start cutting on "cruise+" with 100/100 test/tren, test/npp, test/primo or test/mast.

I have cut on, and bulked on.

I never really over think this stuff. If I am getting bigger i eat more crags, if I think I am getting chubby, I add in more cardio and eat more protein and less carbs
Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

Excellent question!

I like to cut after a 'consolidation' phase. For example I would bulk on a blast, drop the other AAS other than test at the end, then slowly taper back my test dose.
Week 1- 700mg test prop
Week 2- 600mg test prop
Week 3- 500mg test prop
Week 4- 500mg test prop
Week 5- 400mg test prop
Week 6- 400mg test prop
Week 7- 300mg test prop
Week 8- 300mg test prop

This period (in theory) lets the body get used to the new muscle with tons of test in the system. The training intensity and the diet needs to stay consistant and not be reduced too much, so the only variable going down is the amount of anabolics in the bloodstream. After this consolodation period, we can drop the test down to the cruise dose of 200mg and then eventually start cutting on "cruise+" with 100/100 test/tren, test/npp, test/primo or test/mast.

OK so basically for the most part you're waiting until you cruise to really get into the cut?

I never really over think this stuff. If I am getting bigger i eat more crags, if I think I am getting chubby, I add in more cardio and eat more protein and less carbs

I'm thinking I may have been better off if I did that, but I was starting around 16% bf and really wanted to get leaner. I know what I was taking was legit based on my blood work, I'm pretty shocked at the lack of results to be honest. And I'm really not sure why my waistline just won't go down even though I've lost no net strength. Again unless people just tend to hold a lot of water particularly in their waist or something.

You're over complicating it. You should be trying to maximize each cycle by focusing on one goal. If you're trying to gain size keep the calories reasonable, but don't keep switching from a calorie deficit to surplus. If you've built up a decent amount of muscle and are ready to cut then focus on that until you achieve your goal.

You're over complicating it. You should be trying to maximize each cycle by focusing on one goal. If you're trying to gain size keep the calories reasonable, but don't keep switching from a calorie deficit to surplus. If you've built up a decent amount of muscle and are ready to cut then focus on that until you achieve your goal.

Cutting was my definite goal and I've lost a lot of weight but it's hard to tell if much is fat. I let my body stabilize with maintenance calories and that brought me from 196 to 208 in 2 weeks on AAS. So then I officially started my cut. Down to about 192 this morning so 16lb in 7 weeks which is a lot, while maintaining strength, so you'd think that would be great but comparing to the actual start of the cycle it's only 4 pounds and I don't look that much leaner. Now considering I'm on the same compounds as the start of the cycle that had me at 208 maybe I will drop a lot more water weight after the cycle is done and look leaner, but I don't know as this is my first experience with a real cycle.

Couldn't edit my last post, but do you guys notice a significant drop in water weight/waist bloat after a cycle or not really? It's only 500mg TE so I wouldn't think the bloat would be all that huge but who knows.

208 wasn't your "real" weight. You don't go from 198 to 208 of muscle in 2 weeks. Almost all water and glycogen. So in reality you cut from probably like 200

Yeah I cut on cruise. No need to cut while on IMO.

Gotcha. I guess on a cruise it's easier to maintain muscle but I feel like cutting while completely off would cause you to lose a lot of muscle, especially if you were past your natural genetic limit. I don't plan on blasting and cruising for many years.

208 wasn't your "real" weight. You don't go from 198 to 208 of muscle in 2 weeks. Almost all water and glycogen. So in reality you cut from probably like 200

Right, so I guess what I'm wondering is, lets take those 8lb of water/glycogen gained just from being on AAS. I cut down to 192 while still being on that same AAS. Did I lose those 8lb of water/glycogen somehow or since I'm still on the AAS can I expect to drop a good 5+lb of water after I'm off, making me look significantly leaner? My weekly calories and carbs are actually higher now than the start so maybe I am still holding those 8lb (or maybe like 6lb) or water/glycogen.

I have always bulked while off or on minimal dose then steadily up the dose the deeper into contest prep I get

I have always bulked while off or on minimal dose then steadily up the dose the deeper into contest prep I get

Interesting, do you find this allows you to continue gaining while cutting, or just not lose what you gained when bulking? Also, you don't find that it's mostly fat gain when bulking while off cycle? I don't know how advanced you are but I would think the bigger one is the more likely it is they'll just gain fat if trying to gain while off cycle. Lastly, do you find the increased dose as you start cutting makes you hold water so it's harder to judge leanness or not really?

is it too much to ask for both :p jk good info on this though

Not at all imo. I go on, I get bigger and leaner. It's how you structure things. This whole game isn't rocket science imo

Interesting, do you find this allows you to continue gaining while cutting, or just not lose what you gained when bulking? Also, you don't find that it's mostly fat gain when bulking while off cycle? I don't know how advanced you are but I would think the bigger one is the more likely it is they'll just gain fat if trying to gain while off cycle. Lastly, do you find the increased dose as you start cutting makes you hold water so it's harder to judge leanness or not really?

in addition to this Gunsmith what are your compounds/dosages looking like for your cuts?

Not at all imo. I go on, I get bigger and leaner. It's how you structure things. This whole game isn't rocket science imo

You use some higher doses of multiple compounds though right? Naturally I put on fat very easily so tren would probably do wonders for me but I don't think I'll try it too soon. I also know you've been using that myostatin inhibitor, interesting log by the way

in addition to this Gunsmith what are your compounds/dosages looking like for your cuts?

You use some higher doses of multiple compounds though right? Naturally I put on fat very easily so tren would probably do wonders for me but I don't think I'll try it too soon. I also know you've been using that myostatin inhibitor, interesting log by the way

If you mean like 750 test and 300 of an anabolic as higher doses, sure:) even when took 250 & 500 it worked the same way.
Do you do cardio regukarly?

I have been on myo hmp for 2 weeks, I have been between 7-9% for quite a while:)

I only like to cut while on cycle

Preferably test tren....you never loose strength or muscle and get ripped much faster because of the fact you can diet harder

Diet diet diet.... Go look whay i did in 28 days in members pic section....yes good amount of gear... Spot on diet and two a dau cardio is key.. I ran more if u lool far enoigj back and got waaay less..

Just checked out that thread. Nice work.

I only like to cut while on cycle

Preferably test tren....you never loose strength or muscle and get ripped much faster because of the fact you can diet harder

I found that as well. Losing 16lb in 7 weeks is definitely more than I've ever done before and while maintaining strength....it's just that for such a large weight decrease I'm surprised I don't look leaner. I remember thinking at 200lb on the way down that I would be looking pretty damn cut at 190 and I'm usually a good judge of that, although I've never cut on AAS before

If you mean like 750 test and 300 of an anabolic as higher doses, sure:) even when took 250 & 500 it worked the same way.
Do you do cardio regukarly?

I have been on myo hmp for 2 weeks, I have been between 7-9% for quite a while:)

Yea you were huge/ripped in your before pics as well. I am currently doing low intensity cardio daily but have only done that for about 2 weeks of the cycle because it made me drop weight too fast (been using 50mcg of ManPowers T3 which has noticeable helped with that) but clearly given the amount of weight I lost I was in enough of a deficit

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear