over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Stopping trt/aas for good

danzd

Registered
Hey guys, it's been years since I've posted on here. I've been using aas for around 7 years, 6 of them blast/cruise/trt. I stopped the b/c about a year ago and have been hitting 200mg cyp/week since. Lately I'm reconsidering my trt/aas usage and want to stop it for good. My interest has shifted from bodybuilding/powerlifting to mixed martial arts. At my height (5'9") it is a massive disadvantage to weigh 220 lbs. The guys I train with who are my weight class have about 4-8 inches on me and no less than 2 inch reach. I also noticed that in the 8 weeks I stopped all compounds to dupe my doctor into giving me a script that my anxiety had pretty much disappeared, not that I have a load of it to begin with. That was the nail in the coffin. Anyway, I'm aware of cashouts exit. I plan on doing something along those lines titrating my doses after blood work as needed. The reason why I'm posting this is to basically see if anybody has experience with years on nonstop and quitting. My biggest fear is the mental side effects like lack of concentration, aggression, libido etc, but mainly concentration. I work in emergency medicine and cannot fuck up. I'll think about going back to the trt when I'm done with mma or when totally necessary otherwise, but I'd like to hear any experience you or someone you know has had with stopping aas/trt. Cheers :fo:d-smil

People have done it before.

Nobody can tell you how you will react and if your system will bounce back.
Guve it a try, and see how it goes. Use hcg/nolva/clomid or whatever you prefer..

Ride it out, and hopefully you will feel OK. You can push trough alot if only you have the right mindset.

If it doesnt work, id say minimum 6 months after pct is done, consider trt at lowe dose...

A friend of mine started his recovery two years ago and a year later he was still pretty big/shredded. He'll obviously never be 230 shredded but he said it was rough between 6-12 weeks. He struggled with the loss of mass the most. I'm not addicted to my muscle mass so I won't freak out losing the weight. If I'm 220 now, I'll probably be 190-200 a year from now. He's still 200-210. I want to fight at 185 anyway. I'd have to quit lifting for months to get down there, which I don't want to do.

I've been doing a lot of research into stopping as well. 3 years of doc monitored trt. Doc advises me to just stop as you have done. After 8 weeks it sounds like you're doing fantastic. Are you going to monitor bloods throughout?

Cutting and competiting shortly after can be brutal. I know where you're coming from on that. I've rolled bjj, wrestled, and boxed most of my life. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well with the cut and with coming off simultaneously. I can't imagine doing both at the same time.

Tbh I think training consistently in your sport will help keep your mind sharp. iME I'm much more focused and goal oriented when training for an upcoming match over only training with weights. That's just me but, the mind is a powerful thing. Definitely let us know how it progresses!! I may take my docs advice and go the route you are. Haven't 100% decided.

Hey guys, it's been years since I've posted on here. I've been using aas for around 7 years, 6 of them blast/cruise/trt. I stopped the b/c about a year ago and have been hitting 200mg cyp/week since. Lately I'm reconsidering my trt/aas usage and want to stop it for good. My interest has shifted from bodybuilding/powerlifting to mixed martial arts. At my height (5'9") it is a massive disadvantage to weigh 220 lbs. The guys I train with who are my weight class have about 4-8 inches on me and no less than 2 inch reach. I also noticed that in the 8 weeks I stopped all compounds to dupe my doctor into giving me a script that my anxiety had pretty much disappeared, not that I have a load of it to begin with. That was the nail in the coffin. Anyway, I'm aware of cashouts exit. I plan on doing something along those lines titrating my doses after blood work as needed. The reason why I'm posting this is to basically see if anybody has experience with years on nonstop and quitting. My biggest fear is the mental side effects like lack of concentration, aggression, libido etc, but mainly concentration. I work in emergency medicine and cannot fuck up. I'll think about going back to the trt when I'm done with mma or when totally necessary otherwise, but I'd like to hear any experience you or someone you know has had with stopping aas/trt. Cheers :fo:d-smil

so can you be in MMA and on trt or is that a no no? if you can did you consider dropping to 100mg a week? seems like doing that and your change in training style and diet you would drop some weight, I came off everything after being on for awhile, my levels were low, tt 200, ft would always come between 2-4, I did clomid off and on for a long time, levels did come up some, but even with them being higher I was feeling worse, no drive/motivation,low energy, all this was over about a 5 year period, I finally went on trt, but I am older than you, so maybe you have a better chance to bounce back, if you haven't done so, I would start hcg now if I was you.

Research disease associated with low T. Trt is not about vanity or muscle. Having healthy, normal levels is about health and longevity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been doing a lot of research into stopping as well. 3 years of doc monitored trt. Doc advises me to just stop as you have done. After 8 weeks it sounds like you're doing fantastic. Are you going to monitor bloods throughout?

Cutting and competiting shortly after can be brutal. I know where you're coming from on that. I've rolled bjj, wrestled, and boxed most of my life. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well with the cut and with coming off simultaneously. I can't imagine doing both at the same time.

Tbh I think training consistently in your sport will help keep your mind sharp. iME I'm much more focused and goal oriented when training for an upcoming match over only training with weights. That's just me but, the mind is a powerful thing. Definitely let us know how it progresses!! I may take my docs advice and go the route you are. Haven't 100% decided.

Why stop TRT?

Thanks man I will definitely keep everyone posted on my progress. I'm still very early on so I'm only feeling less full. I'm not on here all the time but I certainly won't forget to come back and keep everyone posted. Just gotta keep my eyes on the road!

hey what up Danzd! wanted to check in with you to see how your training and recovery is coming along. Any updates?

I would just stay on the basic amount that will keep your testosterone in your normal range this will you keep all your levels well. I don't know why you stopped working out, I took Jiu-Jitsu years back I just trained different. Instead of doing mass building, I would do high reps for Speed and endurance. How are you going to have the right mind if your levels are low? How are you going to be able to focus and be one step ahead of your opponent if your body's off? Just some thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hi everybody, I have some good news.

I ended up staying on TRT for a little longer than I had planned. I had an appt with a urologist who specializes in male hypogonadism and planned my last shot accordingly. Exactly one month after my last shot, I had my appointment. The first thing the doctor noted was the fact my nuts had not shrunk and that they were completely normal size. I told him that's silly as they certainly have shrunk, but my girlfriend also insisted they were getting bigger. I also felt like they were becoming noticeably "there" day to day SO. I had my labs drawn.

LH-5.6
FSH-4.1
Prolactin-6.8
SHBG-28

Still waiting on the results of my total testosterone. Doc said he doesn't bother with free test in the initial phase. I'm honestly shocked by the results of this test. Doc waited to prescribe clomid until the blood was in the vial. My clomid will be mailed to me on tuesday. I imagine my levels will be even higher after I begin.

What I'm feeling right now-extreme fatigue, mental fog, decreased libido. The mental fog had my reaching for the dental floss instead of the toothpaste, thinking VERY hard about putting my car into reverse/drive, and staring into space at very inappropriate times. Fatigue was at an all time low yesterday between noon time and four oclock. The weights in the gym are heavier despite my numbers only suffering maybe 5-10%. Slight moodiness/emotions. Training in MMA I've noticed I seem to take the punches a little more personally. 0.3 seconds later I realize I'm being a little bitch because my T is low.

Libido could be worse. I've had zero issues having sex with my girlfriend or jerkin it. I just don't drool over a nice ass the way I always have. Feels weird not being as horny as I was before using steroids and during steroid use but overall, I'm still running.

I want to reiterate my stats
27 years old, 215 lbs this morning, ~20% bf these days (yes I'm fat now). After going back in time and trying to pinpoint the exact date of my nonstop usage, I was on for 6 years straight.
In those 6 years I spent around 24 total months (2 years) on tren, ~30 weeks on nandrolone, ~20 weeks using "trest" when it was available via research companies, ~14 months total using orals. My blasts were never super high dosages, never exceeded 1200mg total injectables. My favorite blast was 800 test cyp 400 tren enth. I did this many, many times. My cruise usually consisted of either 100 test cyp/25 tren enth (1/8cc) or 200 test cyp. Cruises involving 25mg tren were most common. Depending on the gains made I might have done tren up to 50mgs a week during a cruise. Tren was excluded entirely during the winter months.

It's been two years since I've used any steroid other than testosterone. This may have to do with my speedy recovery, paired with my age. I will be back once my testosterone labs are posted.

The real reason I quit? Two things. I want to compete in MMA. I think steroids have their place in bodybuilding but not in MMA. At my current weight I'd be fighting Goliaths like Hong man Choi. I also got tired of sticking myself and relying on the needle to feel normal at 27 years old. Once I'm ~40 I'll certainly get on trt. For now, I'm satisfied with my normal self.

I would just stay on the basic amount that will keep your testosterone in your normal range this will you keep all your levels well. I don't know why you stopped working out, I took Jiu-Jitsu years back I just trained different. Instead of doing mass building, I would do high reps for Speed and endurance. How are you going to have the right mind if your levels are low? How are you going to be able to focus and be one step ahead of your opponent if your body's off? Just some thoughts.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I never stopped working out. If anything I'm working out more. Down to three days in the weight room but 2-3 days in the fight gym (usually immediately after the weight room) and one day of cardio. I am, however, taking a one month break from the fight gym. I'm a nursing student and shit has hit the FAN this semester and I have evening clinicals hindering my ability to make it in to fight.

Almost immediately after I posted this my testosterone results were posted

Total test-594

You have been on for 7 years, try going off for a while, 200mg/week is a cycle, try 10mg/day.

You have been on for 7 years, try going off for a while, 200mg/week is a cycle, try 10mg/day.

I had frequent labs drawn during the trt phase of my usage and always hovered around 700 total test. I’m going off for good. I struggled with my body image the whole time I juiced and gladly resolved that. Funny to think it all started to get girls and actually had the opposite effect. I get way more attention now that you can see my neck. I’ll get Dr scripted trt if I’m past 40 and need it. I’ve got different goals now than I did back then, and steroids just don’t serve a purpose to me anymore.

One last thing I don’t want this thread to be taken the wrong way. It’s not meant to debate or to convince everyone to stop. All I’m trying to do is offer real objective findings that contradict the anecdote circling the forums.

I had frequent labs drawn during the trt phase of my usage and always hovered around 700 total test. I’m going off for good. I struggled with my body image the whole time I juiced and gladly resolved that. Funny to think it all started to get girls and actually had the opposite effect. I get way more attention now that you can see my neck. I’ll get Dr scripted trt if I’m past 40 and need it. I’ve got different goals now than I did back then, and steroids just don’t serve a purpose to me anymore.

One last thing I don’t want this thread to be taken the wrong way. It’s not meant to debate or to convince everyone to stop. All I’m trying to do is offer real objective findings that contradict the anecdote circling the forums.

At 27, you got basically your whole life ahead of you. It's your decision. Myself, I waited until age 48 to add anything. Glad I did, I feel and look great. But at my age, it makes sense. It likely will for you to get back on TRT in 20 or so years. but if you cannot recover, you'll be back sooner. Best of luck!

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws