over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My intra workout drink

cubano

Registered
What do you guys think of my intra-workout shake? Do you think it's overkill or even hurting my workout and recovery? Or does it seem okay?

-shaker cup filled half with Gatorade, half with water.
-Half of scoop of Pepto-Pro
-Scoop of Glycofuse
-Scoop of True Protein's Muscle Intrusion

My workouts last about an hour and 20 minutes. One hour of weights, followed by 20 minutes of cardio.

What do you guys think of my intra-workout shake? Do you think it's overkill or even hurting my workout and recovery? Or does it seem okay?

-Scoop of Glycofuse

My workouts last about an hour and 20 minutes. One hour of weights, followed by 20 minutes of cardio.

Seems solid, cant hardly go wrong with pepto/glycofuse/muscle intrusion. I had always sort of poo-pood such elaborate Intra-workout shakes with the assumption that unless you are using Slin and in that slin/intra workout protocol where you are driving these nutrients into the muscle with slin, it would not matter as much in a normal state where you had a PRO/CHO meal about 1.5 hrs before workout anyway. However, I am going to give the HBCD/Pepto intra drink craze a try based on so many members attesting to its benefits (even not using a slin protocol).

I ordered 2lb of TN's pepto-pro/HBCD (65% HBCD, 35% Pepto) so its about 9g of protein and 20g carbs per scoop. I figure 1 scoop on lighter days (with some powerade) and 2 scoops on heavier days (like legs, back) for the 10g/40g. I dont really want to go crazy with the extra carbs in my daily macros. As I said, I generally have a small PRO/CHO meal within 1-1.5hrs before training anyway.

Last edited:
Intra-WO is something I am SOOOOO torn on...

Logically it sounds bogus to me...
Financially it seems irresponsible for the return...
The people who promote it are usually BB.com drones...

BUT

Then there is John Meadows... who swears by it and get's my full respect...

Ah if it wasn't for John I would laugh it off but he has me confused.

BUT

Logically it sounds bogus??

Logically n according to lots of science it makes alot of sense

Pwo for years n years has been known to be important but logicaly why wait till Pwo when u can start the process after the first set.

However theres many many top physiques that don't bother. More than do so its v v debatable anecdotaly imo

Although im a fan of aminos intra I don't feel carbs are as important but they def help

BUT

A post workout shake is the bullshit promoted by the mindless drones at bb.com.
Intra workout...as a concept is far ahead of the curve and makes complete sense. Oh yeah...it works wonders too!

Since using intra workout , i dropped my post workout shake.

Im using some BCAA with no carbs.

Logically it sounds bogus??

Logically n according to lots of science it makes alot of sense

Pwo for years n years has been known to be important but logicaly why wait till Pwo when u can start the process after the first set.

However theres many many top physiques that don't bother. More than do so its v v debatable anecdotaly imo

Although im a fan of aminos intra I don't feel carbs are as important but they def help

Is repair really going on during workout to need amino's ect?

Isn't there a pool from our "normal" excessive (in most people eyes) protein intake...

May try it but it seems like a luxury item ie. benefits can be had but at a high cost per % of improvement.

Is repair really going on during workout to need amino's ect?

Isn't there a pool from our "normal" excessive (in most people eyes) protein intake...

May try it but it seems like a luxury item ie. benefits can be had but at a high cost per % of improvement.
The ignition key for repair will be started earlier. Dont u think that's a gd thing

Itsva fact the bcaa is depleted during training. Logicaly preventing the depletion of our main muscle building aa would make sense no ?

Insulin is anti catabolic. Training is catabolic. Surely logic would dictate to take something to off set this catabolism that occurs ?

The ignition key for repair will be started earlier. Dont u think that's a gd thing

Itsva fact the bcaa is depleted during training. Logicaly preventing the depletion of our main muscle building aa would make sense no ?

Insulin is anti catabolic. Training is catabolic. Surely logic would dictate to take something to off set this catabolism that occurs ?

Training for 1.5 hours on AAS is not going to be all that catabolic. I know the hbcd/pepto/amino protocol shines when in an optimized slin use window and pounding 100g or more of carbs.

I just don't know if the results are equally as amazing when not using slin. As I said, I never go into the workout fasted and have had a meal. My pre-workout has bcaa in it too. Just hard to imagine 1hr of carbs while training is going to make that much difference.

Training for 1.5 hours on AAS is not going to be all that catabolic. I know the hbcd/pepto/amino protocol shines when in an optimized slin use window and pounding 100g or more of carbs.

I just don't know if the results are equally as amazing when not using slin. As I said, I never go into the workout fasted and have had a meal. My pre-workout has bcaa in it too. Just hard to imagine 1hr of carbs while training is going to make that much difference.
As I said previously im not overly sure how important the carbs are for certain things. Read my initial post

However I no for sure that when training hard having some carbs intra definitely helps me push hard right thru no matter the norm diet set up. They help for sure.

Now not saying these must be HBCD carbs. They def sit best for me. Dex causes me to hypo n malto/wms bloats me bad.

I like intra workout on paper. I've done it with pre workout slin and gh, pepto pro, all the fancy carb drinks etc. Recovery out of this world I will say that. Thing is though by going back to training on just a chicken breast and water my workouts are consistently more intense. I do post workout cardio too and just hit all my carbs over the rest of day. In theory I should be catabolic during this time and struggling to gain. Thing is I've grown much more with this approach same amount of gear, no slin. Lot cheaper too. Just what works for me.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

I think if i only took one otc supp it would be intra. The pump and look i get in the gym is worth it alone. And then the added recovery it gives much more helpful the. Rushing homw to drink a protein shake.

I think if i only took one otc supp it would be intra. The pump and look i get in the gym is worth it alone. And then the added recovery it gives much more helpful the. Rushing homw to drink a protein shake.
Yup. It's the most important meal of the day assuming you are consuming your other as well.

do you think intra workout drinks are beneficial when not using slin ?

-Scoop of Glycofuse

Holy cow lol makes my Sizeon sound like I'm messing around over here haha

I love having some vitargo and bcaa's while I lift. Feels like you can workout for ever

I love having some vitargo and bcaa's while I lift. Feels like you can workout for ever

You should really try a HBCD product like Glycofuse and pair it with preferably Peptopro..

Mixes, tastes, and goes down a lot better.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear