over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tom Platz 105min leg training Interview

Thanks a bunch for posting this. It was a treat to see Platz talk about squats like an excited little kid but with the knowledge of a professor.

Bow to your Sensei! Platz has so many tricks up his sleeves when it comes to the squat. The stomping is a big one. Activation of the golgi tendon response.

Very interesting video.

I'm probably the only guy that doesn't have a hack squat machine in their gym. Damn it! :banghead:

Very interesting video.

I'm probably the only guy that doesn't have a hack squat machine in their gym. Damn it! :banghead:

You know what's funny. You rarely see anyone performing them like he does. Everyone spreads their feet wide and puts them high on the platform. Turning the exercise into a machine squat.

I've been a fan of his since he turned pro and I had his very first leg training manual.
So obviously I learned to do them the way he does. He wasn't recommending the board back then so I don't use that.

Gold mine!

I've never been able to find a video on tom platz with that much detail about leg training.

I've already watched it twice! Definetly going to start doing those hack squats

I will tell you one thing I started doing for contest leg training was the sissy squat, not on the hack squat like he shows but just holding onto something, saw a picture of him doing these in the Arnold Encyclopedia. Awesome excercise

Thanks so much for posting this...it is so interesting to hear him speak and share his views but still be so passionate.

Just to play devils advocate...how much of platz leg development was due to genetics vs training? He obviously embraces leg training almost spiritually, but wondering if even if he didn't follow these principles how developed his legs would be.

Just to play devils advocate...how much of platz leg development was due to genetics vs training? He obviously embraces leg training almost spiritually, but wondering if even if he didn't follow these principles how developed his legs would be.

80% genetics 20% training

ive actually had the pleasure of training with platz. he worked with me on my squat for a mth, we met at the gym super late so he could bend the bars lol.

Platz was and still is my idol I remember back in the early 80's he squatted 640 x 12 I thought if he could do it so could I, well I did get 640 x 12 but my knees were tightly wrapped!
Then he did the unthinkable 530ish for 23reps no wraps
I could only manage 525 x 17 wrapped
Im naturally very strong but it blows my mind the weights that guy could move!

My favorite pic of all time

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 1,271
If you're a fan of Tom Platz you should check out this interview: TOM PLATZ - Classic Interview - Bodybuilding and Strength Training Articles - Strength Oldschool I've seen tons of interviews and read a lot about him, but this is the best. He goes into fine detail about his training over the years and how it changed over time. He also mentions he didn't train legs for the first few years of lifting and he said in high school he was known for having skinny legs and a big upper body!!

Man there is still several poster's in frames at the gym! He is probably my favorite bodybuilder of all time!

When i started training ,there where many of days i would turn the pages with him in it to get psyched before legs!

True Living Legend!

THE GOLDEN EAGLE!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I tried hack slides like this. They were great! Could only use one plate they were so effective.

Didn't walk right for 5 days.....He's a legend.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member