over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Shadow - PSL Log

tttttttttt

Registered
Hey guys!

I'm new over here and thought I'd start up my log and document my journey with you guys. I will be posting content of some kind in here daily so let me know what you guys think.

To start, I'm Joe, 22 years old from Northampton, England, and am sponsored by PSL. I run on Online Coaching business with my girlfriend by trade.

Look forward to talking with you guys.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whether or not you are training to failure in any part of your programming is dependant on so many variables. In some circumstances it has its place, and in many it can be counterproductive.

Anyhow, if you are a client of mine and you have any movements showing an 'RPE 10' or 'to failure', then this is the level of intensity I want you to generate.

All to often I receive training footage from clients of their sets to muscular failure and they are generating nowhere near the level of intensity I'm looking for. If you aren't written off for 3-5 minutes after your set, you are doing it wrong.

IMG_0030.jpg

Apologies for the lack of YouTube uploads recently, I've been swamped! New Vlogs will be back on their way including this one featuring my Nan, Dog, a back and shoulders hypertrophy session, why you should be doing daily cell swelling sessions and a very messy beard.

IMG_0041.JPG

METFORMIN

Metformin is used medically as an oral diabetes medicine to help to control blood sugar levels. Bodybuilders use Metformin for several different reasons however, such as...

[emoji381] helping to act against fat storage whilst in a caloric surplus
[emoji381] reducing insulin resistance (many exogenous Insulin users use Metformin for this reason)
[emoji381] appetite supression

Like many PED's, dosages vary drastically depending on whom you ask. A common protocol is to dose 500mg Metformin per 100g Carbohydrate within one hour of eating. This drug isn't without its own set of side effects however, most importantly hypoglycaemia.

Check out this study to see some research demonstrating Metformin's ability to reduce insulin resistance:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14502098

MEAL FREQUENCY

More evidence to show multiple daily bolus feedings of protein throughout the day to be the more optimal environment for muscle growth vs. less frequent feedings when calories are controlled. This is due to the larger feedings not stimulating Muscle Protein Synthesis any more so than the smaller feedings.

To put it simply, if you have serious physique goals, consume a serving of protein every 2-5hours.

A new study from our lab shows that eating large amounts of protein before sleep does not blunt muscle protein synthesis rates the next morning (either fasted MPS rates or the MPS response to protein). We speculated that there might be a negative feedback loop, where large amounts of protein might diminish the response to protein at subsequent meals. However, there was no difference between the groups.

'These data suggest that every meal moment is a ''unique window of opportunity'' and that all meals work additively to optimize muscle protein synthesis rates in a day. If you miss a meal, you miss the opportunity to stimulate muscle protein synthesis. And it does not seem you can compensate that at subsequent meals.'

**broken link removed**

Looks like you've got some serious triceps on you bud

'There's not a single winner on Earth that took it easy'

IMG_0076.jpg

Excellent video, looking like a beast shadow.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

DEEP BREATH = A STRONG REP

See my big gut at the top of this squat? This is a still I took from the moment I was about to descend into the rep.

Before each rep of your main compound lifts (5 reps and under!) take a deep breath, hold it in your stomach and press against it throughout each rep. This will keep your core super tight and stable throughout. Release at the top, and repeat.

Lift heavy!

IMG_0081.jpg

Coach just dropped my intake AGAIN after todays check in... now I'm hungry! [emoji13]

Please excuse any absence for the next few days, me and the Mrs are in Morocco until Tuesday!

IMG_0089.jpg

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner