over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Can you live without eating Carbs?

intensed

Registered
I was curious if one could live without eating any carbs?

Not only can you survive without carbs, you can thrive without them. There was a man who went to live with the eskimos years ago, I forgot his name but he wrote all about his adventures. He lived on nothing but fish and fat. So did all the eskimos. He was checked out when he returned to England years later and he was in perfect health.

You can survive without getting laid too, but I wouldn't go as far to call it living;)

Try it and let us know how it goes. I go with very little carbs, 10-20 grams, for weeks at a time and suffer no ill effects. Of course when I do take in carbs again...BLAMO blow up like an Anadrol/Dbol overdose.The human body truly is a marvel of creation. It will adapt to virtually anything you throw at it.

You can survive without getting laid too, but I wouldn't go as far to call it living;)

hahahah aggreeeee'd sometimes i gotta have that post workout ramen noodles im a slave to those darn things on cheat day.

NO, I think you will die. I think Your brain needs atp ? It can not be made from fats. It must be made from carbs. In the absense of carbs it can make it from burning muscle. I think that is what I learned in school. :) It was a long time ago so I could be missing something here. I think I remember something about heart failure in anorexics (sp):eek: . If you dont get enough carbs your body will break down muscle to make fuel for your brain. (maybe):p

Yes you can. Carbs will be supplied indirectly via GlucoG.

Only thing that carbs have done to the western world is make us more fatter, lazier and help create more diseases

You definately can... but considering all the vegetables you eat are also carbs it will kind of difficult to cut out ALL carbs.

I had a friend who did contest prep only on boiled fish and water for weeks at a time!

Check this guy - he doesn't even eat at all!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9unDtguHRx8

By the way, I attended his seminars and I know a few people who have been doing his method for years. Funny thing is they aren't losing bodyweight or muscle mass! Go figure !!!

not true bro, meat and fats and oils, thats the pure keto

That's strange, because tuna fish for 2 ounces has about <1g of carbs which is 2% of the average populations recommended daily value. So one 4 oz can of tuna has <2g of carbs 4 % of the Fda's daily value. All food will have carbs. Even a if its a tiny amount.

And i'm pretty sure keto diets can be maintained with as many as 50g of carbs. This is due to the fact all food has trace carbs.

Humans are not exclusively carnivorous..we are Omnivores...
Primates eat animals and plants.
Could we survive on meat only ...no. Why? look up "scurvy" a condition of vitamin C deficiency.
Humans can not survive with out carbs. at lest for more than a few months.

Last edited:
Don't forget fiber.

Yes, why not...calories is what we need to survive, not just carbs. Are body will thrive off whatever is given to it in caloric form.

But, I will tell you one thing is that you may not be a happy little camper without ever eating some whole carb sources.

I think we all are predisposed to carbs from childhood because of all the sources readily available for are consumption and yes I think it is ONE of the reasons we have become fatter...but I still enjoy my carbs to a certain extent:D

not true bro, meat and fats and oils, thats the pure keto

Uh, even while in ketosis, your supposed to eat veggies to get fibrous carbs. Keto diet does not you mean you ignore carbs all together. You get minimal amounts of carbs from veggie sources.

NO, I think you will die. I think Your brain needs atp ? It can not be made from fats. It must be made from carbs. In the absense of carbs it can make it from burning muscle. I think that is what I learned in school. :) It was a long time ago so I could be missing something here. I think I remember something about heart failure in anorexics (sp):eek: . If you dont get enough carbs your body will break down muscle to make fuel for your brain. (maybe):p

OK, I guess your body can make atp from other sources, so I was wrong. But you would not be able to any "cardio" because you would only have fat to burn, so you would need lots of oxygen.

ask an eskimo

Not only can you survive without carbs, you can thrive without them. There was a man who went to live with the eskimos years ago, I forgot his name but he wrote all about his adventures. He lived on nothing but fish and fat. So did all the eskimos. He was checked out when he returned to England years later and he was in perfect health.

From a write up on another forum regarding a conference held at the University of Kansas a few months ago:

A portion of the lecture was given by Dr. Phinney who gave an interesting bit on historical low carb diets. The Inuits consumed around 98% of their calories from protein and fat. What they did in order to retain essential minerals was to boil their meat and then drink the broth. A scientist who lived with the Inuits for 5 or 7 years came back to New York and no one believed he survived on that diet. So, he spent a year in the Bellevue Mental hospital eating protein and fat for an entire year to prove its efficacy.

Humans are not exclusively carnivorous..we are Omnivores...
Primates eat animals and plants.
Could we survive on meat only ...no. Why? look up "scurvy" a condition of vitamin C deficiency.
Humans can not survive with out carbs. at lest for more than a few months.

hmmm not sure how true that is. Vit C - youd get from small amounts of fruit? Noone can actually og NO CARB per se - but i dassume being in the realms of 50-100g is possible via veg etc

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear