over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

"pharm grade" confusion

eaglecall

Registered
What is considered and what is not considered "pharmaceutical grade"? I remember years ago pharm grade was very clear. BD, Schering, Bayer, Polfa Jelfa, Pfizer, and many other pharmaceuticals from Turkey, Iran, India.

But today theres a different level "in between" UG and Pharmaceutical that I thought it was pharm grade but Ive seen in some places considered as not pharm grade like for example Alpha Pharma and others from india and china. Whats the real deal with those? What makes them be considered pharm grade fro some and not for others?

Mate, your initial assumption about pharma grade is correct. Pharma grade in oldschool sense is a product manufactured in specialized pharma facilities and legally available in pharmacies in accordance with the pharma law of a given country. So yeah, original Bayer, Pfizer, Jelfa, Polfa, GSK, etc. products are real pharma grade per se.

There are also some ug companies which claim to manufacture their gear in very well equipped facilities and labs with professional equipment and with different certificates, for example in India. But this is usually in countries where there is little control over the black market and all can be said to be "pharma grade". Some of them really use good facilities and some don't. It is really hard to find out the truth and have some surveillance over their production process. You may call them "semi pharma grade" or whatever you want:) Some of them are really good, but there is no rule.

So for me the REAL definition of pharma grade is only the LEGIT product from a pharma licensed company such as those mentioned in your post.

Mate, your initial assumption about pharma grade is correct. Pharma grade in oldschool sense is a product manufactured in specialized pharma facilities and legally available in pharmacies in accordance with the pharma law of a given country. So yeah, original Bayer, Pfizer, Jelfa, Polfa, GSK, etc. products are real pharma grade per se.

There are also some ug companies which claim to manufacture their gear in very well equipped facilities and labs with professional equipment and with different certificates, for example in India. But this is usually in countries where there is little control over the black market and all can be said to be "pharma grade". Some of them really use good facilities and some don't. It is really hard to find out the truth and have some surveillance over their production process. You may call them "semi pharma grade" or whatever you want:) Some of them are really good, but there is no rule.

So for me the REAL definition of pharma grade is only the LEGIT product from a pharma licensed company such as those mentioned in your post.

What he said.

I get confused over "generics" I buy generic letro, nolva and arimadex but people say because they are not the expensive branded version they are not pharma grade, surly that's not true?,

To me....pharm is a product produced by a drug company monitored by the fda to be dispensed at a pharmacy. Pharm grade is just a name given to UG products that are supposedly of the same quality and sterility of a pharmacy product

I get confused over "generics" I buy generic letro, nolva and arimadex but people say because they are not the expensive branded version they are not pharma grade, surly that's not true?,

Generics usually means that its produced at a cheaper price after the patent has expired on the original manufacturer. Thats one reason why the original patent holder charges such high prices. They are trying top recoup the huge expense of testing the drug and bring it to market. Once the patent runs out, others are free to manufacture the drug without having to have paid for the R & D.

No doubt some UG brands are certainly a cut above the majority of UG's and on par with pharmaceutical grade.

For example: Pharmacom. Consistently tests at label and appears to be made in a a real manufacturing plant. Whether that is GMP or not is almost impossible to know.

In addition, these premium UG brands are able to produce products that the pharmaceutical industry does not.

My suspicion is that some of the better UG products we see on the market are produced in GMP labs that are not owned by the brand themselves - rather these labs are 'for hire' and probably produce whatever is asked. Of course, this is all speculation on my part.

well . . .

Perhaps I am stating the obvious . . . but when I think of ‘pharm grade’
I think United States Pharmacopeia / USP. Other countries (British –
European) have similar product quality standards and verifications.

USP a nonprofit organization that owns the trademark and copyright.

USP has no role in enforcing its standards; enforcement is the responsibility
of FDA and other government authorities in the U.S. and elsewhere.

(Top two per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Pharmacopeia

All points are true.. But I do think if it's a ug and made in gmp facility it's going to have a advantage.. There are web sites that randomly test ug products.. Products like Pharmacom and alpha ( there are others just naming a few) always test right on the money.. Even after years and multiple tests.. So there is a advantage to be produced in those facilities..

That being said on those sAme web sites there is also ug products not produced in gma facilities and they also test very well.. Bacterial count Etc on these is also very low..

But as stated above jelfa , bayer etc are pharm grade... But there are some Ugs that are right up there in terms of accuracy etc..

while I kinda agree about true pharma only being the BIG companies, what about compounding pharmacies? lol

there are plenty in the states that specialize in hrt/trt.

that said in more then 10 years of injecting test and having rx and being able to buy what I want from pharmacy hook ups in various countries when it comes down to it test is test. just like pretty much all other drugs.

I think test at its best can be cleaner as there is true human use where most other aas are true black market and have very little human use.

to me you can say pharma test and have it mean Pfizer/bayer etc or it could be generic.

some pharma stuff from other countries or compounding pharma I have found to be worse then good ug gear.

also...

lets be real here, it doesn't take a multimillion dollar facility to make a good clean product. medicine has been using injects for 100 years easy.. more really.

a giant facility can produce dirty garbage just as easily as a newbie in his kitchen. all comes down to true care of the process.

My opinion if the pharmacy carries it whether compounded or not is pharm grade

Personally, I do not believe that ANY ug lab, even the best ones, pay as much attention to the right safety, purity etc procedures. Even the best labs have worse and better days, sometimes there is a box glued in a wrong way, sometimes the ampoule is not strong enough and sometimes something else. And I also refer to the labs mentioned above such as Balkan or Alpha.
What is more, sometimes, when sth goes wrong, nobody really knows it and ug labs do not feel like informing customers that for example one of theirs lots have been contaminated or underdosed etc. Such situations do NOT happen when it comes to real pharma grade products from pharmacies. Safety controls are so strict that companies inform officially that a given batch is for example flawed in a given way. This is because external subjects test them at every angle and such info has to reach customers. This is of course, if such situation at all happens.
But have you ever heard of a ug lab that owned to screwing up a batch and recalling it from the market??? I doubt it. UG labs means cutting down the costs as much as possible, so owing up to a mistake or recalling a product is not very likely.
Not to mention the quality of raws that UG labs use and some other factors.

Last edited:
Personally, I do not believe that ANY ug lab, even the best ones, pay as much attention to the right safety, purity etc procedures. Even the best labs have worse and better days, sometimes there is a box glued in a wrong way, sometimes the ampoule is not strong enough and sometimes something else. And I also refer to the labs mentioned above such as Balkan or Alpha.
What is more, sometimes, when sth goes wrong, nobody really knows it and ug labs do not feel like informing customers that for example one of theirs lots have been contaminated or underdosed etc. Such situations do NOT happen when it comes to real pharma grade products from pharmacies. Safety controls are so strict that companies inform officially that a given batch is for example flawed in a given way. This is because external subjects test them at every angle and such info has to reach customers. This is of course, if such situation at all happens.
But have you ever heard of a ug lab that owned to screwing up a batch and recalling it from the market??? I doubt it. UG labs means cutting down the costs as much as possible, so owing up to a mistake or recalling a product is not very likely.
Not to mention the quality of raws that UG labs use and some other factors.

Last I checked, Balkan was Pharm Grade.

some of the pharm grade stuff has ridiculous prices. is alpha pharm a real phamr company or is it make for black market use.

Perhaps I am stating the obvious . . . but when I think of ‘pharm grade’
I think United States Pharmacopeia / USP. Other countries (British –
European) have similar product quality standards and verifications.

USP a nonprofit organization that owns the trademark and copyright.

USP has no role in enforcing its standards; enforcement is the responsibility
of FDA and other government authorities in the U.S. and elsewhere.

(Top two per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Pharmacopeia

You're correct. Each state's state board of pharmacy can enforce USP standards locally for compounding and facilities if they wish though. Inspections are regular and extremely thorough. Be glad that they are too--people can die when things go wrong. Google "new england compounding center" and see what happens when these standards are not upheld.

USP 797 is the specific one for sterile compounding. If people would look this up, they'd truly understand all that goes into making a "pharm-grade" injectable product.

There's crazy amounts of rules for just about everything, even including the procedures for how much particles are allowed in certain situations. Entire room has to be HEPA filtered, but you also have to work in a laminar air flow hood that itself is HEPA filtered and when you hold things and place things within the hood they have to be exposed to "pure air" i.e. your hand cannot block the critical sites on needles or vials.

Cleaning procedures. Garbing procedures. Etc...

They're even required to use sterile non-powdered (powder can be pyrogenic) nitrile gloves that cost $1-$2 EACH pair. Additionally, they're required to use STERILE isopropyl alcohol, and to use it frequently (storebought or even lab-grade isopropyl alcohol is NOT sterile). One such example is this...

After washing hands, you spray them with sterile alcohol usp. You then don the work gloves (sterile nitrile) and those are then sprayed with sterile alcohol USP. Every vial you use is sprayed with sterile alcohol USP.

Anyways...this is all done to ensure the greatest levels of sterility.

Just one example of a massive document (USP, these are from USP 797 specifically) that ensures that everything is done in a manner that makes it consistently good, every time.

There's probably not a single UG on the planet that follows these rules. Not that they have to...these are just all risk-reduction methods aimed at making things as good / clean as possible. At some point it isn't cost effective when the consumer (illegal users) can't come back at you for anything anyways.

Sorry about the book. /rant

Last edited:
Last I checked, Balkan was Pharm Grade.

I wouldn't put them into same bracket as billion dollar pharmaceutical companies such as Bayer, Pfizer, Jelfa, Schering and others.

They may be regulated in Moldova, but thats all.

Their quality may be the same/high, but it depends on your definition of "pharma grade".

"Pharma grade" to me has always been something you would find in a Western pharmacy or be prescribed to you in a major or developed country such as the USA, UK, Canada, Australia or similar.

Pharm grade

It's not easy to get the real deal pharm grade. Everyone wants a it few have it lol

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws