YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

George Lockhart(UFC Nutritionist)/weight-cut guru+Conor's coach on Joe Rogan podcast.

Knight9

Featured Member / Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
This was earlier this week, right after Conor's loss to Khabib. George Lockhart is one smart mF. He basically is the go-to guy for everyone in the UFC when they have a fight camp and need to make weight. I have been waiting for him to be on for a while because Joe Rogan has talked a lot about how great he is with sports nutrition and application. I was gonna post this a few days ago...but re-watched it to give you guys some notes in case you didn't want to watch the entire two hours. Most of the first hour is Lochart and the second hour is mostly John Kavanagh talking with George only talking a little bit.

04:30 starts discussing Conor's weight and cutting weight.
08:15 meal planning and sports nutrition
16min gets good with talk of glut1,2,3 receptors
17:30 Sugar, fructorse, salt, caffeine post workout amounts to 4x the a mount of glycogen loaded into muscle
21min Mineral needs and re-hydrating
23:45 story about re-hydrating after UFC IV ban/Jon Jones
28:45 "No one knows what they're doing in the UFC" when manipulating weight cuts.
Re hydrating glycogen stores and calculations with water and glycogen
50min Starts dropping some interesting metabolic facts
53:50 meal timing
55min Dexascan issues. Gaining muscle and losing fat is impossible.

Enjoy!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARAT9HQY6e4"]JRE MMA Show #44 with John Kavanagh & George Lockhart - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
This was a fun watch. I've actually being doing caffeine post workout for two years since I saw the study on it replenishing glycogen he is referencing back then when it came out.

Rogan's podcast with Rhonda Patrick the other week was also really good

Thanks for sharing! Lot of useful information we can utilize to improve performance and recovery.

I would love to hear his thoughts on intra-workout nutrition as it pertains to bodybuilding, concerning the use of EAA/BCAAs, citrulline, creatine, etc. as well as other ingredients that may be beneficial.

Also one question...has anyone read the study or know how much caffeine for the post workout glycogen replenishment?

Thanks for sharing! Lot of useful information we can utilize to improve performance and recovery.

I would love to hear his thoughts on intra-workout nutrition as it pertains to bodybuilding, concerning the use of EAA/BCAAs, citrulline, creatine, etc. as well as other ingredients that may be beneficial.

Also one question...has anyone read the study or know how much caffeine for the post workout glycogen replenishment?

Read this study on protein hydrolysates in sports nutrition, very interesting and you´ll most likely find it useful:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2761917/

Caffeine post workout will also effect PNS which is not what you want for recovery.

Thoughts?

Allen Cress just addressed this on his IG.

Caffeine post workout will also effect PNS which is not what you want for recovery.

Thoughts?

From my understanding, the PNS is a major playor in contraction but PWO when we no longer need to contract it becomes a moot point.

Also I know Allen personally and while hes a good trainer, human physiology isn't his background.

Thoughts?

I had to completely quit caffeine to get rid of my acid reflux, no more omeprazole use now and I can even eat hot foods and no issues. I can't imagine using it postworkout.

I had to completely quit caffeine to get rid of my acid reflux, no more omeprazole use now and I can even eat hot foods and no issues. I can't imagine using it postworkout.

You got issues with spicey foods? I can’t handle anything spicey. Goes right through me and wrecks my arse.

You got issues with spicey foods? I can’t handle anything spicey. Goes right through me and wrecks my arse.
No I don't. My point was the caffeine was causing all my acid reflux/heartburn issues. As soon as I stopped all caffeine, all my issues went away. I love spicy food! But yea it'll burn the hole coming out sometimes [emoji1787]

No I don't. My point was the caffeine was causing all my acid reflux/heartburn issues. As soon as I stopped all caffeine, all my issues went away. I love spicy food! But yea it'll burn the hole coming out sometimes [emoji1787]

Caffeine can't actually cause stomach issues like ulcer/h.pylora but it certainly can make the symptoms worse. Sucks it gives you issues like that. You should look into using Zinc-L-Carnosine for stomach issues (Pepzin GI is what I use)

Caffeine can't actually cause stomach issues like ulcer/h.pylora but it certainly can make the symptoms worse. Sucks it gives you issues like that. You should look into using Zinc-L-Carnosine for stomach issues (Pepzin GI is what I use)
Caffeine relaxes the lower esophagus sphincter (LES) which then leads to heartburn and acid reflux because the esophagus is now open and acid is free to travel up. I don't have stomach issues except the usual indigestion every now and again from over eating. What I'm saying is I couldn't go a day without omeprazole till I quit caffeine.

Thanks for the post. Love JRE. But i missed this one. glad i took a listen!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131