over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Protein types whey, miceller

mewp

Newbies
Hi I've been doing some searching about the types of protein powder we use in bodybuilding and came across miceller protein.
Would like to hear from you guys what type you use, times used at like morning night etc pwo.
Does anyone use only miceller protein instead of whey.
Thanks

I would do a mix like 20g casein/30g WPI at breakfast and preworkout and 20g EAAs, 50g WPI or 20-30g hydrolyzed casein/whey.

I personally only prefer hydrolyzed whey as its the most biogradable. If I want it time released I add fiber, milk or fats.

I use both together, usually 60%whey/40% m. casein

Is egg white protein powder denatured or indigestible?

Answer from Dr.Kim

HI all!
Here you go:
(And yes I can spell but hate the auto links!!!)

The best,most phyiologically useful pro-tein for the human body is wheyy pro-tein but it has to be prepared a certain way for all sorts of reasons. Here's everything to look for.

Cas-ein is carcinogenic and we've known this for 3 years!And it's not even as good of a pro-tein source so that can go,right?

Eggs are an amazing source of branched chain aminos but just cook them up and eat them boiled,for snacks.

If you're going to add anything to a wheyy shake,use a scoop of this.

Best,
Dr.Kim

The casein content of breastmilk represents approximately one third of the total protien. If I recall correctly.

If that was the case. Every child that was breast feed would have developed some sort of oncogenesis.

The flawed science behind casein being a carcinogenic is (was) preformed using cell-line cultures---LNCaP (in-vitro).

This has yet to be established as a causation in humans.

To Kingpeon

Hey Mr. List broker,
I have 4 board certifications,consult for elite athletes and thus far LATS and Pesty as well as Dr.Clark have trusted me to review health and lab data. I think you're being rude to someone giving you FREE advice and educating you. I bet they'd agree. Why don't you ask them?You're the first person on this forum who has been rude to me. Why? Bad day? Get in a good workout before you start bashing a professional on this website-that's my advice for YOU, Mr Peon.

TO Stewie

I really don't have time to cite all the studies but why don't you look up official A4M recommendations and why they are recommended....avoiding cas--ein (avoiding the auto link here) is one of them. There is a huge difference between human and bovine cas--ein...female humans are different than female cows in case you hadn't noticed LOL.

By the way how's your fasting cortisol, NMR profile, level of oxidative stress and GFR doing? I'm sure you know all about that too as you seem to know everything. I'm sure you know that unmonitored and unadjusted, this is what kills bodybuilders. Sure, you know everything I know and MORE-wow,impressed!

Last edited:
Well, that went south fast. Anyways, we have some real good people on this board. I like us to share our knowledge and learn from each other. We can learn to respect each other and do that. I been in fitness since 1979 and I know I still can learn. This is what makes this board so good. Some of the best minds on here. ;)

I really don't have time to cite all the studies but why don't you look up official A4M recommendations and why they are recommended....avoiding cas--ein (avoiding the auto link here) is one of them. There is a huge difference between human and bovine cas--ein...female humans are different than female cows in case you hadn't noticed LOL.

By the way how's your fasting cortisol, NMR profile, level of oxidative stress and GFR doing? I'm sure you know all about that too as you seem to know everything. I'm sure you know that unmonitored and unadjusted, this is what kills bodybuilders. Sure, you know everything I know and MORE-wow,impressed!

Why the arrogance? Dr or not.

I have a 4AM physician. That I'll be working for post graduate. I'm very much in tune with every aspect of my health. I've pulled several VAP and NMR tests along with many more assays than a normal MD would have no clue about or know how to treat.

Hopefully your disposition corrects itself. As you do seem somewhat nice :)

Talk about a bad attitude. I have been researching things recently and I could write various things but what is the point. Plus I don't want to bash a sponsor. I am sure many would agree. I have cringed a lot in the last week I will leave it at that.

Micellar Casein is a great protein source. However I mainly just stick to synthepure as it's the best protein available. I use it in all my fruit smoothies... at the moment they mainly consist of berries, 1 apple, spinach and asparagus. I do get other brands though usually just a high quality flavoured (usually chocolate or toffee) whey isolate or concentrate to mix in my oats. There are loads of good quality proteins available today. Sometimes I like using a beef isolate protein for a change too.

From Dr.Kim

Actually Stewie I have a GREAT "disposition" and am the least "arrogant" doctor everyone knows.

I don't know what a 4AM physician is and when you say you are going to work for him/her post-graduate...I guess you mean A4M..is this person fellowship trained, written and oral board certified? Can you write their name?

There are "count em on one hand" A4M MD's with my creds and my experience with athletes and I've been asked to be A4M faculty but just don't have time right now. But I am their go-to Dr when they have questions. So if A4M faculty call me with "problem cases" then maybe I actually KNOW MY STUFF.

I'm sure you know more than others on this forum and don't wish to have an online argument but I would venture to say that if you were open to it, you could learn from me if you think you're learning from YOUR doctor.

Thanks for being open minded about it.
Dr.Kim

Actually Stewie I have a GREAT "disposition" and am the least "arrogant" doctor everyone knows.

I don't know what a 4AM physician is and when you say you are going to work for him/her post-graduate...I guess you mean A4M..is this person fellowship trained, written and oral board certified? Can you write their name?

There are "count em on one hand" A4M MD's with my creds and my experience with athletes and I've been asked to be A4M faculty but just don't have time right now. But I am their go-to Dr when they have questions. So if A4M faculty call me with "problem cases" then maybe I actually KNOW MY STUFF.

I'm sure you know more than others on this forum and don't wish to have an online argument but I would venture to say that if you were open to it, you could learn from me if you think you're learning from YOUR doctor.

Thanks for being open minded about it.
Dr.Kim

Dr Kim.

I apologize. and this is not an attack..Just wanted your opinion. You are well aware that A4M is not an official board like ABIM and so forth.

I have skimmed through their website, and read some of their free articles from their books they post on the website. Do you feel the qualities of the studies they cite are weak. Do you feel that maybe sometimes they go overboard and are aggressive in their recommendation.

Hypothetically speaking, like in the thyroid thread you mention someone with a low normal T3, with symptoms you would want their T3 to be on a high normal end. Cause that is what A4M recommends. Lets say you go ahead and treat the patient, and the patient ends up developing A fib and possibly a stroke from it down the road, what would happen if they decided to sue you?

Would a Board Certified Endocrinologist agree with your therapy and hold it up as standard of care, or would he disagree with you?

I am just curious, as personally I think A4M is a frills and show and a way for the board to make money. Lot of their recommendations seem to be based on weak studies.. They prey on vulnerable "patients" individuals and charge them an enormous fee for "sexy" labs which mount to nothing in the end. But I may be biased and I willing to listen to your counter argument with open ears..

Good luck

Last edited:
You've got A LOT to learn, doc. Stick around, you'll get there.

Don't be an asshole. Stewie can actually have an intelligent discussion with her (which most of us can learn from), while you were just being rude.

Last edited:
ooo k

any ways guys keep the info coming of how and what proteins u use.
any one using the formulas from truenutrition

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity