YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin daily users - how much are you taking daily?

superbigd

Registered
Like the title states

For those of you using metformin year round on a daily basis how much are you taking per day?
Thanks

i use 1000 -1500 mg slow release metformin been on it for 7 months fat loss is awesome after stomache got used to dose i feel great

Are you supplementing B12? I’ve been on 1000mg but recently upped it to 1500mg and now I’m feeling some sides, like lethargy and bloating

I stopped taking Metformin temporarily after seeing this study where crickets were given either aspirin, metformin, or both, and the aspirin group had better life extension than the combination group.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25833406

I use White Willow Bark instead of aspirin because it seems to contain the life extension benefits of aspirin (salicin) without the negatives.

https://easyhealthoptions.com/medicinal-plant-boosted-lifespans-475-lab/

I'm a little concerned that combining them isn't as good as aspirin/white willow bark alone. The study is on crickets but still, makes me wonder if adding things up is less effective sometimes than doing things on their own.

I would think aspirin would be part of all of our daily regimens. I take one of two baby aspirins daily depending on what I might be running.

Doing 2 grams a day morning/evening meals split SR version. However as a test, I am going to try 1700mg of the regular version in the same dosing pattern and see if I notice a difference or get any sides.

I would think aspirin would be part of all of our daily regimens. I take one of two baby aspirins daily depending on what I might be running.

Promotes life span but not so much protection from heart attacks, which is ironically why people take it. I choose White Willow Bark over aspirin since it's the same benefits without the blood thinning and possible gastro issue.

1000mg/Day (500 AM, 500 PM) thinking about adding another 500 mg noon. No sides other than a little gas here and there.

Does it not make you guys tired? i seem to feel lethargic the next day after 1000mg dosages.

Also, what is your carb intake on it? im generally on 150g-200g carbs per day, so could this be the reason for the lethargy on it?

Does it not make you guys tired? i seem to feel lethargic the next day after 1000mg dosages.

Also, what is your carb intake on it? im generally on 150g-200g carbs per day, so could this be the reason for the lethargy on it?

This ^. If I take 1500mg/day I get extreme lethargy. I’m fine on 500mg twice a day but If i take 1000mg in single sitting I get extremely tired, and need to nap.

I've tried metformin last year when i was still natty.
I started with 500 mg once a day at dinner, then gradually increased to 2000 mg/day on my high carbs day only, usually splitted into two doses of 1000 mg.
Had no major sides, probably a bit of stomach discomfort at the beginning.
I've found that it kept my muscles fuller on very low carb days and on carbs refeed it prevented spillover very well, shuttling all carbs inside muscles. Much less fat gain on prolonged high carbs diet too.
The day after a carbs refeed plus 2000 mg of metformin the pumps in the gym were insane and even painful, muscles were full, hard and vascular.
No lethargy, rather i had an energies and endurance increase.
I stopped taking metformin since i've read that it can mess up with androgen receptors signalling and it leads to an SHBG increase, reducing free test levels.

500mg am w meal 1 and 500mg before night night.

Just got a bunch and was wondering what doses people are running. This really helped me out.

Does anyone have a quick source for Met?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131