over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My powerbuilding log

mike21886

Registered
Hello everybody, my name is Mike and I am making a log to track my progress in the gym. My goal is to increase my 3 lift total and add lean muscle mass. I am 5'11 and am currently around 255 pounds (I have no idea what body fat I am at). I have been slacking on my diet and training lately and thought maybe making a log would help get me motivated again. I would love help from anyone who has advice.

My current max lifts are...
Bench- 520 raw
Dead lift- 675 suited, 655 raw, no straps no belt
Squat- 445 raw, I already know it sucks and it is my top priority

Obviously my biggest goal is to increase my squat which is something I am going to really work on. I stayed away from squatting for a long time because I have a couple year old bullet wound that goes all the way through my right quad that would make me really nervous when I would squat. Now that I am confident it will not give out on me I have been working on my squat.

Last edited:
My Diet

What I am going to aim for on my diet on training days is.....
Wake up- 60 grams whey, 2.5 scoops of oats ( I just use an old protein scoop)
45-60 min later- 12 oz. steak, 2 cups jasmine rice
90-120 min later- 12 oz. steak, 4 cups jasmine rice
20 min later- 14oz. v8 fusion
Train right after I drink the v8 fusion
Right when I am done training I have another shake just like when I woke up
60 min later- 12 oz. chicken, 2 cups jasmine rice
120 min later- 12 oz. chicken, 1 cup jasmine rice
40-60 min later- peanut butter and 2 raw eggs or I just drink liquid egg whites and eat a little bit more chicken
Right before bed- 12 oz. steak, 1 cup jasmine rice

All the weights on meats are just an average. I do not weigh my meat but a lot of times I will eat more than 12. oz steak in a meal. I also sometimes substitute sweet potatoes for jasmine rice or have white rice. This is not the diet I have been following lately but when I used to eat like this I really blew up.

Here is a pic of what I look like right now..

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_1image_-_copy.jpg
    rsz_1rsz_1image_-_copy.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 339
Last edited:
I hope you keep your log up, you look like a big/strong dude that can probably help everyone else as much as we can help you.

520 raw bench is really strong, 655 raw dead is good. Squat as you mentioned is weak compared to your other lifts.

I have the same problem. 650 raw pull and a 525 raw squat. The thing that has worked the best for me? More squatting. I cut down on my 1rm and did more rep work, 3's 5's and 8's with more volume. What type of routine are you following for training?

Also, you more concerned about strength and size or saying lean? That bulk diet looks good but I personally would throw some more fat and normal meals in there. Probably tough to stick to with that same list every day.

Good to have you here!

I hope you keep your log up, you look like a big/strong dude that can probably help everyone else as much as we can help you.

520 raw bench is really strong, 655 raw dead is good. Squat as you mentioned is weak compared to your other lifts.

I have the same problem. 650 raw pull and a 525 raw squat. The thing that has worked the best for me? More squatting. I cut down on my 1rm and did more rep work, 3's 5's and 8's with more volume. What type of routine are you following for training?

Also, you more concerned about strength and size or saying lean? That bulk diet looks good but I personally would throw some more fat and normal meals in there. Probably tough to stick to with that same list every day.

Good to have you here!

Thanks for the kinds words and advice. I am more concerned about strength and size over staying lean but do not want to get too fat. What kind of fats would you suggest? I do not really like to cook unless it is on the grill so I try to stick with stuff that is easy. I don't really have a tough time sticking with that diet during the week but during the weekend I usually just eat whatever I want but still make sure to eat all the meat I eat during the week.

Training and Supplements

Monday- Shoulders
Tuesday- Back
Wednesday- Legs
Thursday- Chest
Friday- Arms
Here is an example of a shoulder workout....
Shoulders- Dumbbell shoulder press- 35x 20, 45x 20, 65x 20, 80x 15, 95x 15, 110x (max reps, usually between 15 and 20), 120 x (max reps, 12-15), 100 x max reps
Upright Rows- 115x 15, 135x 12 < 3 sets
Dumbbell side raises- 40-45 lbs 4-5 sets
Reverse Pec Deck- 4 or 5 sets
Shoulder press machine- 4 sets

Cycle
Test C- 1000mg
Deca- 500mg
Hgh- 10ius/ 5 days a week but I am going to start doing 7 days a week soon
I just bumped my test up to 1000 which will be my highest dose yet so I am hoping to really put on some size.
I don't get gyno so I don't take any anti-estrogen type drugs. I like to keep it simple and not do any orals.

Last edited:
You have a ton of potential for strength.

Cycle looks good, simple. How do you like the HGH? I have not yet tried it but have been wanting to for awhile now.

Do you eat breakfast? Eggs? That would be the first thing I'd throw out. Some whole eggs, toast, bacon, oatmeal, etc.

How do you tolerate milk? A lot of guys hate it but for strength and size I don't think you can beat whole milk. I rely on shakes with whole milk and good protein to supplement my food, I can't get as much down in a day as you can.

You are getting a lot of fat from all the meat now that I look a second time.
Were you really getting 72oz down of meat per day? That's over 4lbs! No wonder you blew up.

The biggest gains for you are going to come from switching over to a routine focused on strength. If you can afford to hire a coach, do so. It's the best investment you will make for your training.

If not check out either The Cube Method by Brandon Lilly or Paul Carter and his programs. Both are cheap books/programs to pick up and you would probably do well with them.

You have a ton of potential for strength.

Cycle looks good, simple. How do you like the HGH? I have not yet tried it but have been wanting to for awhile now.
I love hgh but in my opinion it is more of a cosmetic drug and doesn't do anything for my strength like test, eq, or deca. I do feel like it has made me put on some good muscle mass.
Do you eat breakfast? Eggs? That would be the first thing I'd throw out. Some whole eggs, toast, bacon, oatmeal, etc.
No I drink a shake then go right to a meat and rice type meal. I do usually drink a few raw eggs with my first meal. Partly why I eat meat and rice is because I can just microwave both real quick( I cook my meat on the grill then heat it back up in the microwave) then chug a couple raw eggs. I could throw some toast or oatmeal in there though instead of rice.
How do you tolerate milk? A lot of guys hate it but for strength and size I don't think you can beat whole milk. I rely on shakes with whole milk and good protein to supplement my food, I can't get as much down in a day as you can.
I can tolerate milk with no problem. On weekends I drink a lot of milk but I usually buy 2% ( maybe I will switch to whole) My body could easily tolerate a gallon of milk on top of all that good.
You are getting a lot of fat from all the meat now that I look a second time.
Were you really getting 72oz down of meat per day? That's over 4lbs! No wonder you blew up.
Yeah some days I ate 6 steak meals and I always buy the biggest steaks available. If I was really motivated I could eat even more.
The biggest gains for you are going to come from switching over to a routine focused on strength. If you can afford to hire a coach, do so. It's the best investment you will make for your training.
Ill look into a coach but between my food bill and my hgh bill I don't have much cash left over to spend but I would love to have some guidance. I have been thinking about checking out the Westside barbell method but Ill look at both of those you mentioned too.
If not check out either The Cube Method by Brandon Lilly or Paul Carter and his programs. Both are cheap books/programs to pick up and you would probably do well with them.
Thanks for you help and advice!

Legs Workout

Did legs last night and my workout looked like...
Squats- 135 x 20, 185 x 15, 225 x 12, 275x 10, 315 x 8, 365 x 4, 365 x 4
I did a ton of lunges holding a 95 pound barbell over my head with my arms locked out.
Leg extensions- 4 sets
Then I finished with 4 super sets doing the same lunges before then straight legged dead lift with 225 lb until I couldn't do anymore.

I wanted to do a light workout and not max out that way I could take it easy on my knee that was hurting since I maxed on squats last week.

Other Stuff
I started taking one cap of fish oil every time I eat to get some more omega 3 fatty acids and I bought some multivitamins to take too. I also bought some whole milk to drink along with meals. I am still going to stick with the same food I have been eating but add in some other stuff so I really gain weight.

I took Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off from training due to a really crazy schedule but I went and trained shoulders today and did a similar workout to last week but a little heavier on the presses.

A typical day on the weekend would like like this (my sunday)
60 grams whey, 2 scoops oats
12oz. new york strip, 1 cup jasmine rice
12oz. new york strip, 1 cup jasmine rice
Wendys- Double Baconator, 3X6 piece chicken nuggets with bbq sauce, 14oz. milk, 4 big chocolate chip cookies
Around 16 oz. sirloin, piece of chocolate cheesecake and 12 oz. milk
10 oz. chicken breast with bbq sauce, piece of chocolate cheesecake, 24oz. milk, 3 granola bars
16oz. milk, 5 granola bars, 4 raw jumbo eggs

That is just an average day on the weekend. Sometimes I will eat even more stuff and some days I will eat a lot less. I am trying to eliminate days where I eat any less than listed or on my ideal diet listed above. I know it is a ton of junk but even if I eat more candy and more junk I can still fit my waist into a sit 34 pants easily they just don't fit my legs.

Impressive lifts dude, especially that bench and dead

Have you ever run Texas method? It's the best thing I've ever done for my squat- when I first ran it my squat went from low 300s to 405 in less than two months natty

Impressive lifts dude, especially that bench and dead

Have you ever run Texas method? It's the best thing I've ever done for my squat- when I first ran it my squat went from low 300s to 405 in less than two months natty

No but Ill check into it, I really need to get my squat up.

Mike

I assume you are built for deadlift ...that is quite the disparity between the sq and dl. Real solid deadlift and awesome raw bench...

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Man....... I hate to be a dick..... But do you have a vid on that 520 bench?

Man....... I hate to be a dick..... But do you have a vid on that 520 bench?

I have done it again and made it look a lot nicer with no bounce in the bottom but I have not been making any new videos lately.
The guy spotting me in the video is 55 years old and has raw benched 500 with a pause.

[ame=http://youtu.be/TNqP6mjGzUI]520 Bench Press Raw - YouTube[/ame]

[ame]http://youtu.be/9IeixeqQIQA[/ame]

Last edited:
If anyone says that 520 didn't count bc you bounced it, I will personally slap them for you...

Thats a solid lift!! I have to say I am impressed with you and your spotter did a great job letting you finish that.

My goal has always been a 500lb bench, even though BP in Strongman is essentially useless. 20+ years in, and I am finally getting close :) Wanna hit it at 215-220lbs.

Anyways, keep working hard :)

If anyone says that 520 didn't count bc you bounced it, I will personally slap them for you...

Thats a solid lift!! I have to say I am impressed with you and your spotter did a great job letting you finish that.

My goal has always been a 500lb bench, even though BP in Strongman is essentially useless. 20+ years in, and I am finally getting close :) Wanna hit it at 215-220lbs.

Anyways, keep working hard :)

Thanks a lot. I need to work on pausing in the bottom in case I ever want to compete in power lifting because I like to come out of the bottom as fast as possible even if I do not bounce it at all. That was one hard lift to stay planted on the bench, it really had me shaking. My spot is awesome too, it really helps when you have somebody who can give you a good solid lift off and not want to grab at the bar too early because as soon as someone touches the bar on the way up in my eyes I just missed the lift. That would be a really good bench for someone at 215-220, I think I was around 260-265 in the video doing 520.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws