over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My progress and motivation log

mike21886

Registered
Hey everybody I just thought I'd make a log about my diet and training to help track my progress and hopefully learn some new things from all you monsters. I am 5'11 and currently around 250 lbs. my goal is to slowly increase muscle mass especially in my legs and maintain my current condition or improve it slightly. I would eventually like to compete in bodybuilding and possibly powerlifting as we'll both just for fun. I would love everybody input, criticism, and advice. You won't hurt my feeling telling me my legs suck or that they need work cause I want to hear all the things that need improvement not just the obvious. I will post some days of what I eat and how I train starting tomorrow, here are a few current pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 503
Here's another pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 504
Last edited:
Today's diet....
Meal1- 25grams whey protein, 50grams oats, 6oz lean ground beef, 1 cup rice.
Meal2- 10oz. Sirloin steak, 3.5 cups rice, 3oz blueberries
Right after this meal 16oz. V8 fusion then train
Right after I train 50 grams whey protein 75 grams oats
Meal3- 12oz chicken, 2 cups rice
Meal4- 12oz chicken, 1 pack loaded baked instant Mashed potatoes.
Meal5- 4oz. Sirloin steak, couple tablespoons of peanut butter, around 30 extra small shrimp.

Today's training..shoulders....
Behind the neck shoulder press 5 work sets going up to 225 for 12.
Dumb bell shoulder press 5 work sets going up to 115s for 14
Dumb bell side raises 5 sets
Reverse pec deck for rear delts 5 sets
Upright rows with heaviest kettle bells at the gym 4 sets
Cable rope pulls for rears 3 sets
Machine shoulder press 2 sets to failure not heavy weight.

Here's a couple shoulder shots. My rears are really big but do you guys think I need more front delt?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 472
No I think your front delt ties into your pec just how it should. Rear delts seem like they can never be big enough on most people.
That is some damn heavy weight and for reps too. No wonder you are so big lol. Lots of heavy weight and clean food, sounds like a recipe for sucess to me.
Why the v8 fusion pre workout? Just for carbs pre training?
No slin your not telling us about?;)

No I think your front delt ties into your pec just how it should. Rear delts seem like they can never be big enough on most people.
That is some damn heavy weight and for reps too. No wonder you are so big lol. Lots of heavy weight and clean food, sounds like a recipe for sucess to me.
Why the v8 fusion pre workout? Just for carbs pre training?
No slin your not telling us about?;)

Nope I just have always liked about 40 grams of sugar preworkout and I like it because it's supposedly made from fruits and vegetables. Sometimes I mix Pom in there with it. I'm scared to death of slin and don't wAnt to be diabetic if possible.

beast mode! :headbang:

You look great. Better yet if you could manipulate your pics before posting.

**broken link removed**

Thick.
Didn't you say in your other post that your wheels are bit behind your upper body? Are you going to post some pics of lower body? Sounds like you have your mind in the right place to get those wheels right...would be interesting to see how you progress with that.
D

Thick.
Didn't you say in your other post that your wheels are bit behind your upper body? Are you going to post some pics of lower body? Sounds like you have your mind in the right place to get those wheels right...would be interesting to see how you progress with that.
D

Yes I will eventually post up some leg pics. I'm going to measure them as soon as I get a measuring tape so I can track my progress like that as we'll. I just never have cared enough to do any measurements.

Ok here's legs starting point. If your gonna talk shit save your time I know they don't match my upper body but I'm about to do something about that.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 415
Ok here's legs starting point. If your gonna talk shit save your time I know they don't match my upper body but I'm about to do something about that.

Do your thing bro! With the genetics that produced that upper body, you should have no problem with those legs! Whats the plan in the gym to bring them up?

Do your thing bro! With the genetics that produced that upper body, you should have no problem with those legs! Whats the plan in the gym to bring them up?

The plan is just to start doing them every week and staying consistent. When I trained legs heavy for like 5 weeks in a row they started to really blow up so I know they will grow quick. I am gonna start squatting heavy, doing leg press, lunges, dead lift conventional and straight leg, leg curls and hamstring curls, front squats and anything else I can think of. I'm gonna either start with a heavy squat or conventional deadlift then do leg press, front squats, leg curls, hamstring curls, then lunges until I can't walk anymore.

Monday the 9th
Diet
Meal 1: 30 grams whey, 50 grams oats, 1 cup white rice, 6oz steak
Meal 2: 12oz chicken , 3 cups jasmine rice
Drink 20oz v8 fusion train then have 60 grams whey, 75 grams oats
Meal 3: 12 oz chicken, 2 cups white rice
Meal 4: 14oz steak, 1 cup white rice, some BBQ kettle cooked lays chips
Meal 5: 10 oz. steak, 1 cup rice

As you can tell I like rice a lot. When I was trying to bulk up like crazy and got close to 280 I ate 13 cups of rice one day and no I don't do slin or peptides I just can make myself eat whatever I want to eat. I would eat so much rice I would sneeze and rice would pop out hahaha. Nothing fills my muscles out more than rice and potatoes.

Training shoulders
Dumbell shoulder press 7 work sets up to 115 for 14
Dumbell side raises 5 sets using 55s
Upright rows 4 sets with 205
Rear shoulder pec deck 5 sets
Rear delt rope pulls 3 sets
Shoulder press machine 3 sets to failure to burn out.

With my training I always like to do my heavy compound movements first then do the easier lighter stuff afterwards. Tomorrow I am going to kill legs.

Diet- pretty much the same as yesterday
Training-legs
Squats- 6 work sets up to 365 for 3
Leg press- 6 work sets
Leg extensions- 4 sets
Lunges superset with straight leg deadlits- 4 sets

I cod barely walk after that. I have not squatted in a long time so I'm still really weak but it will fly up real quick. Here's a pumped leg shot after my workout, I need to work on flexing my legs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 369
Check out these veins on my forearm, my friends say I have a forearm vein vagina. What do you guys think? Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 373
Diet- not as good today all of preworkout and post workout was same as well as the 3rd meal. After that I ate some meatloaf and mashed potatoes before bed.

Training- back and calves
Pull ups- 5 sets, I do anywhere from 10 to 14 per set all the way down.
Dumb bell 1 arm rows- 4 sets up to 120s for 10 strict reps
Pull ups- 3 more sets
Lat pull hammer strength machine- 4 sets
Close grip pull ups-3 sets
Seated cable rows- 3 sets

Calf raises- 5 sets
Calf extension with legs straight out machine- 5 sets

My lower back was really sore from squats so I did back a little different than usual.
I am going to try and be better with my diet tomorrow than I have been all week so far. I need to eat a little bit more and completely cut out the junk like meatloaf that I ate tonight.

Last edited:
Chest- 6 work sets incline dumb bell press up to 135 for 13
Flat bench dumb bells- 5 work sets
Dips- 4 sets
Push ups- 4 sets
Incline hammer strength machine-4 sets
Pec deck-4 sets

I ate a ton of brownies and drank a half gallon of milk before bed and felt more full and like my waist or gut didn't get any bigger. I'm gonna eat a bunch of junk along with my normal meals until next Monday then I'm thinking of upping my gh to 8ius. Here's a shot from tonight, look at that shoulder to waist ratio.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 332

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Lbmike99
NapsGear