over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

AJ's reboot log.

ajdos

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Well its been 13 months of nutritional nightmare and no gym. I have gotten by on tunafish, shitty prison food, whole eggs (occasionally) and half ass home made equiptment with cinder blocks for weights. Push ups, dips and chins have been my mainstay and let me tell you I was never very good at them to begin with. I went into prison with two shoulder injuries to make matters worse. Although they are healed, coming off AAS in prison, having no sups or enough food pretty much did me in.

Yesterday was my first full day of good eating, and a regular kick ass gym. I was a little stronger than I expected but I look like a sorry mofo.
I am going to be drug tested so anabolics are out of the question...so I figured I would chronicle my recovery into respectability (physique wise) and let people see how nutrition and training alone can impact a physique.
I do have some size, Im 252 lbs at 5'11...but thats also with approximately 20 or so percent bodyfat.

So far I have protein powder, BCAA's and some creatine at my disposal- Im going back to work at my old job at the supplement store I used to work at before my incarceration so I should have access to anything OTC that wont trip me up on a urinalysis.
I think its important to show people that gains can be made without all the drugs. Now before I go on, I dont want to sound like a hypocrite, I love AAS and all the other good stuff, but because of my situation I figure that my consequence can benefit others with a log that demonstrates progress on the natural level.

Im in my mid forties and after having been on a good length of time I figure this is the bottom of the barrel type scenario to use and let people see how even in a environment without all sorts of chemical help that gains in muscle and losses in fat can be made.
I have seen more and more beginners jump right into the game using pretty high amounts of AAS, and having a physique that could have made gains without it had they just sat down and ate appropriately.
Ronnie Coleman said about his famous quote "everyone wants to be big but nobody wants to live heavy ass weights' that he should have said 'everyone wants to be big but nobody wants to eat all this damn food!'.
I see it all the time on all the forums-drugs drugs and more drugs, but no one wants to eat...thats just crazy.

Sure Im not gonna look like some freaky pro, but I believe I can look pretty damned good just the same.
I will post pics later, its a scary sight on the bodyfat front- but hey- I have to start somewhere...body dysmorphia is a bitch.

Anyways this is the start of a long journey. I have been doing this 24 years now, and this is the absolute biggest challenge I have had in training and creating a physique. I invite you to come along and watch me toil and maybe we can all learn something new.
And hopefully I can not look like desicated dog doo after 6 months.

I am really looking forward to this, thanks for allowing us to be part of this journey, i also agree i see tons of guys using an average of 3-5 grams per week, they look "pumped" as hell but no real size, their diets are pathetic. Please keep this updated :-D

subbed brother. this is going to be interesting to see how your body rebounds naturally. im ready to see you do some damage.

Ive done two workouts so far. It was good to be in a real gym with real equiptment and all sorts of nice stuff. I was very weak. I think when my shoulders were healthy I could shoulder press 130's for 6 reps on dumbell press. I failed with 75's.
Hammer strength I used to top out with 4 plates per side for 4 reps, 2 plates and a 25 on each side I failed. But it was nice to have those things and my workout was productive I was sore as shit the next day. I have 3 solid days of clean eating in and mentally that feels very good, nice to pick out the food I want to cook and eat instead of having some low grade slop on a tray randomly served like a roulette wheel.
Yesterday was legs. WOW- again -weak. I topped out at 365. Pushed hard, did one double drop from 365 to 315.
Then a triple on the next set from 315 for 5, 275 for 8, and 225 for 11.
We did walking lunges 3 sets and I thought my heart was gonna explode, I need to get to work on my cardiovascular training as well to build up some endurance.
Finished off with leg extensions, my god it burned but felt so good to be able to just squeeze my quads. Im sore as shit today..but it feels good.
Its all a little depressing and humbling considering Im able to lift about 30-40% of what I could do previously, and though I was on before I didnt expect strength losses like this. This is just the beggining I know, but Im looking forward to the day I can see some really good gains. 3 days in.

Well today is day 4.
I went and did chest-I started off incline dumbell with some 40's just to test the shoulder. Worked up to a set of 90's for 5 good solid reps...no half reps.
You'd think I was Ronnie Coleman pressing 200's the way I felt...thats about as strong as I have been in a looong time.
Did some machine press, I did 210 on the stack for 7, I was trying to do more feeling the contraction vs just lifting the weight. Did some slow mo flat dumbell presses holding the bells in the hole for a solid 3 count then pressing out- those felt good, and finished with some pec deck...good squeeze didnt go for weight at all.
My diet has been pretty much egg whites, grits, oats, chicken breasts, tilapia and brocholi. Got some whey protein and thats it.

I do 30 min morning cardio fasted.

Meal one is a dozen egg whites one yolk.
3 packs of instant grits.

Meal 2 is 12 oz chicken with brown rice and brocholi.

Meal 3 3 scoops whey protein 3/4 cup oats

Meal 4 tilapia brown rice and broch

Meal 5 same as meal 3.

Meal 6 same as meal 4

Meal 7 is tilapia and brocholi only.

Im going to add meal 8 at 3 am- it will simply be 2 scoops of protein powder.

Tonight was back- started with deads- I had good strength but my legs were still sore from my leg workout last Sun. They got sore immediately which made me leary about pushing to hard.
315 x10
365x6
405x2

Did wide grip lat pulldowns - may have used half the stack, just pulled and squeezed going for 15- worked up to a set of 7 and drop setted on that.
Did pretty much the same thing with the V handle.

Did bent rows, my legs felt better at this point.
185 x 12
225 x 7
275 x 3

Did the rear delt machine- just squeezed good and hard 3 sets of 15.
Supersetted 100lb dumbell shrugs with cable pullovers on the machine.
Got a good pump and left.
Last two workouts actually felt like I accomplished something so hopefully we can build on this small success.

Like you said - you gotta start somewhere. No need to justify anything since you still look better that a lot of guys in the gym do and the only place you are headed is up. Hope to see you keep this log running for a long, long, time and please don't get yourself hurt by ego-lifting to prove something to a bunch of strangers. Gonna subscribe now, so don't let me down here. ;)

Well both Fri and Sat I spent out of the gym, I had some mild food poisoning. Nothing serious, some fever and body aches general lethargy.
I rested up got back in the gym yesterday.
Nothing exciting- however hamstrings was a bodypart I just couldnt do much about the last year. There was no way to mimic a hamstring curl.
So yesterday it felt good to squeeze the shit ouf of em and damn they burned. Its been a major problem because as they have gotten weaker my back and hips got tighter.
So I did 6 sets of one leg curls, the machine had a stack instead of plates, so I just pyramided u to sets of 6 reps and back to sets of 15.
Did good mornings 135 for 15. 155 for 8 185 for 4.
Did some calves on the leg press they have and did they ever burn up.

Its hard to say in such a short period of time if IM making much progress, I look a little leaner but nothing all that much of a contrast from the start photos, and for all I know its just wishful thinking lol.

Tonight was shoulders. SO I started with dumbell presses. So right away I feel like the lower weights feel much lighter and I was able to push up some 70's for 4 solid reps, not the little bullshit half reps.
So I went for 75's, FAIL. well I can tell the shoulder hasnt gotten back its strength since the injury- my left arm can press the 75, my right cannot- I am right handed but thats the shoulder I hurt last year, and I couldnt even press a 25- so overall its an improvement.
Next I did machine presses, I dont know what brand it was, not hammer but plate loaded, I worked up to a set of 2 45's and a 10 on each side for 5.
Next was side laterals, 35's for 11, 40's for 7 40's 6 35's for 10 dropped to 25s for a burnout of 7.
Rear delts I did on the cable machine with the cable cross, just did 3 sets of 10 squeezing.
Finished with cable upright rows, 110 for 16, 140 for 10, 160 for 6 180 for 4.
Then the hottest chic in the place rolled up on me, and said in the sexiest voice ever......
....oh wait, that was at work, that story will have to wait lol.

Overall Im feeling a bit more gym-conditioned if that makes sense?

Arm day today.

Close grip press, was able to top out at 225, that was pathetic but hey thats were I am.
Cable Press downs, now it felt good to be able to use a cable like that and my triceps really responded had decent strength there and kept good form, got a good pump too.
Did overhead rope presses last, just did sets of 10 really squeezed.

Dumbell culrs was 45'sx15 50'sx10 55'x 6

Cable straight bar curls, just contracting and holding the squeeze for a 2 count- 3 x 12 reps.

Concentration curls with a dumbell just did 3 sets fo 6-10 with a 25 lb dumbell, really pounded the contraction and got a good pump.

Finally starting to get my bearings on start and finish weights now I can focus a little better on progressing.

Leg day.
The one thing sleeping on a hard ass prison bunk did was really fuck up my hips and it made any leg training hard to do, especially when you only really had high rep squats and walking lunges as your bread and butter.

So tonight I started with squats- as usual. warmed up with 135, then did 225 x 12
315 x 7
365 x 3
405 x 1
425 x 1
drop set to:
315 x 5
drop set to:
225 x 12

Then was leg extension:
155 x 20
205 x 15
305 x 12
335 x 10
drop to:
185 for 12

Then leg press, this contraption is a piece of shit- stack loaded not plate loaded.
They were numbered but who really knows how much it really was.
205 x 20
265 x 15
335 x 12
435 x 10 (stack)

Walking lunges-across the room and back
60 lb fixed barbell
80 lb " "
110 lb """ 110 I went about 3 strides back before my legs just gave out.

The biggest thing about the workout was, that Im feeling more familiar with the movements and getting a tiny bit stronger- its frustrating because I cant help but think about what it used to be like with some gear- but Im making slow progress and its only been 2 weeks since I got out.
Biggest thing is now I can consistenly eat and I have supplements like creatine, BCAAs and whey protien I can use.

Since getting out there's only one direction you can go with your determination and hard work ethics and that is UP. Keep your head up bro. You got this.

Bro 1 year from now you can be in two places where you are now or looking back on the last year smiling ear to year .:D
5 years ago i let personal problems keep me from living life and i couldn't look myself in the mirror now that i got out of my personal prison(no walls)now at 44 i can't keep from looking at those same mirrors with a shit eating grin(lol)

Keep it up :headbang:

Bro 1 year from now you can be in two places where you are now or looking back on the last year smiling ear to year .:D
5 years ago i let personal problems keep me from living life and i couldn't look myself in the mirror now that i got out of my personal prison(no walls)now at 44 i can't keep from looking at those same mirrors with a shit eating grin(lol)

Keep it up :headbang:

GS I know you are right, Im human, and like anyone on this board I want it yesterday. And you know how it is when you had built something and it has been torn down, in the beginning the workouts arent as enjoyable as they were when you are at your peak. I know your right and the journey to the point where I can look back and grin is going to make it all that much better.
Thanks for the insights brother.

Being Easter I got up early went to gym and got my chest workout on.

Started off with incline dumbell, warmed up with some 40's then 60's.

First set was 75's for 11
Second set was 85's for 6
95's didnt go so well, failed on the first attempt to get them up then got them up and did 2.

Dropped down to 80's and did 8

Some tool was doing curls on the Smith machine so I left him to being a gym twat and did machine presses.

150 for 14
185 for 8
235 for 5
255 for 4 (stack)
dropped to 135 for 11

Douche-boy was off the smith so I got on and did close grip presses.
45 on each side 13 reps
45+10 on each side 8
45+25 on each side 5

dropped to 45's did 7
dropped to 25's did 10

Machine flies:
130 x 12
140 x 8
140 x 8
I was doing these with very strict form holding the contraction for a good 2 second count..

Cable pullovers
70 for 12
80 for 8
90 for 5

The funny thing was the d-bag, this guy was about 6'1 190 lbs and had no legs, he was sporting a tank top and working out as if he were Mr Olympia, here I am all beat the fuck up looking like dog shit and I could tell he felt very insecure around me- which mentally made me laugh- if he only knew.
What a joke, this gym is NOT my regular gym. Im about as meathead as it gets in there and this fool (doing curls on the smith machine) was walking around like he was the big cok on the blok.
I know most of us have encountered these types in gyms, the kind of guy who blows out his triceps then tries to do shoulder press afterwards.

GS I know you are right, Im human, and like anyone on this board I want it yesterday. And you know how it is when you had built something and it has been torn down, in the beginning the workouts arent as enjoyable as they were when you are at your peak. I know your right and the journey to the point where I can look back and grin is going to make it all that much better.
Thanks for the insights brother.

Brother i know exactly how you feel to have it taken away and to try to get it back but remember we may not be what we once was but muscle have Fing memory as well as the know-how!
I think i know you when you where a mod on another board so i will follow your progression:headbang:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131