over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Test, Peps, Slin, low dose log

jrock00123

Registered
Background: I'm 43 yo. Training for the last 10+ years. Currently 183 lbs @ approx 11% bf.

Goal: Gain 5 or 6 lbs of lean mass while staying lean

For the next 16-weeks I'm going to run the following low dose protocol:

AAS, Peps, Sin:
Test-C: 200 mg per week
CJC with DAC - 1 mg per week
MK-677: 12.5 mg per day (may switch this to 25 mg eod??)
Huperzine A: 100 mcg per day
EGCg: 200 mg per day
Humulin-R: 6 iu pre-workout (4 weeks on, 4 weeks off)

Other supps:
Multi
Fish oil
CoQ10
Glucosamine

Diet:
3,400 kcal (CHO = 350gm, PRO = 300gm, FAT = 80gm) training days
1,425 kcal (CHO = 45gm, PRO = 160gm, FAT = 75gm) off days

This diet has worked VERY well to get me lean and I will continue as outlined for a couple of more weeks. Once I am lean enough, I'll slowly add calories (mostly carbs) to the training days and leave the off days as is. The idea here is to keep insulin sensitivity as high as possible.

I eat off of a fixed menu and I am meticulous about weighing and measuring everything. Typically one restaurant meal per week (maybe 1,500 kcal) in place of my normal dinner.

Training
I train 2 days on, 1 day off. My routine is high intensity / high frequency. Every muscle is trained twice every six days. I incorporate rest-pause, super sets, and straight sets. A total of only 15 work sets for the entire workout. I use a log book and push to increase every workout.

Currently my only cardio is walking - 45 min per day.

Comments
This is my first time with peps and slin. I've been researching for a while and I'm ready to start this slow and low dosed. The slin will likely not start until the beginning of August. I have some travel coming up and have no plan on messing with it until I'm home and 100% ready.

Here is my intended slin protocol. Comments and suggestions welcome:
2:30pm: whole food meal with 60 CHO and 55 PRO
3:30pm: 6 iu of Humulin-R + pre-workout drink (typical caffeine / arginine flavored stuff)
4:00pm: intra-workout shake with 55 CHO (HBCD), 25 PRO (Pepto / hydrolyzed casein), BCAAs, creatine. I'll drink about 1/3 and sip on the rest during my workout.
5:30pm: corn flakes and whey (35 CHO, 25 PRO)
7:00pm: whole food meal (50 CHO, 40 PRO)
8:15pm: final meal of day (55 CHO, 80 PRO)

Took my first dose of MK-677 last night and my first DAC inject this morning. Today is a low calorie, non-training day. So far hunger is not bad. I'll post some starting pics later today.

Photos are from last week, but I've haven't changed much:

Attachments

• 2014-07-04-front.jpg
    2014-07-04-front.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 396
  • 2014-07-04-back.jpg
    2014-07-04-back.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 368
  • 2014-07-04-leg.jpg
    2014-07-04-leg.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:
Day 1 went very smoothly. I was expecting hunger to be an issue since today was a very low calorie day. Not much to report otherwise.

I've decide to switch the MK-677 dosing to 25mg EOD vs 12.5 daily starting tomorrow. On the off day I will dose 200mg mucuna pruriens and 750mg GABA. This should create better pulses and hopefully the EOD schedule keeps me sensitized throughout the entire 16-week cycle.

You've got a good build to add too. How tall are you? I don't do slin myself but I do like the cycle layout and am gonna follow along to see how it works out for you.

Thanks brother. I am 6 ft. I'd be very happy at 195-200 and a little leaner.

Day 2 update: Very good workout today. Trap bar dead lifts 360x4 3 sets. Box squats 245x7 3 sets. GHD raises with 25lb plate. Ab work.

Some noticeable improvement vascularity.

A little tired today but not too bad

Hunger again was not bad -- but definitely ready to eat my nighttime meal now.

Noticed this morning that I am recalling dreams better than usual

Will dose 25mg MK-677 tonight.

Last edited:
Day 3: Muscles seems a little fuller. Did a conditioning workout today (abs, 3 hill sprints, 2 bike hill sprints). This kicked my ass more than it should have.

I'm going to change my training and diet slightly. New regime:

Day 1: strength training / high calorie menu
Day 2: strength training / high calorie menu
Day 3: metabolic conditioning (HIIT and maybe some other stuff) / high calorie menu
Day 4: off / intermittent fasting with low calorie menu
Day 5: strength training / high calorie menu
Day 6: strength training / high calorie menu
Day 7: off / intermittent fasting with low calorie menu

This will add one extra day of higher calories each week along with one day of conditioning. I still plan on slowly adding calories to the high menu while keeping the low menu the same.

Tonight will be the first day without dosing MK-677. I will take my mucuna pruriens and GABA instead. I'll also add 3mg melatonin.

Going to take my first ever dose of humulin-r in about an hour. I will go with 3 iu for this initial trial. Protocol is outlined in the first post. I'll go with half the amount in the intra-workout shake, but the other meals will remain as outlined. I have glucose tabs on hand, but don't think I'll need them.

Going to take my first ever dose of humulin-r in about an hour. I will go with 3 iu for this initial trial. Protocol is outlined in the first post. I'll go with half the amount in the intra-workout shake, but the other meals will remain as outlined. I have glucose tabs on hand, but don't think I'll need them.
You're not even going to feel that.

You're not even going to feel that.

That's ok. Actually, for my first pin, that would be fine with me. I'm only going to run 6 - 8 iu once I get started. Today, Thursday and Friday will be trials. I'll do 3, 5, and 6. I'm traveling next week so I'll start my four week run when I get back.

Day 4: As Knight predicted I didn't feel much from the 3 iu of slin. However, I had a very good bicep workout. Pump was excellent. I'll bump to 6 iu on Thursday. Starting to notice some comp changes, but it's only been a few days so it really hard to tell. The most noticeable thing is that my muscle seem fuller.

25 mg of MK tonight. Tomorrow is low calorie and an off day from training.

Day 5: Today was low calorie / intermittent fasting. Definitely more difficult than usual. Hunger really kicked in late afternoon. I also felt a little hypoglycemic several times throughout the day -- buy nothing too severe.

I plan on dosing 6 iu of humulin r pre-workout tomorrow. I'm considering upping my testosterone slightly to 300 mg per week.

What does a typical workout for you look like? I ask because I run a 2 on 1 off split as well but just started with it last week.

I like the idea of going to 300mg/Cyp/week. 200mg will put most TRT guys at the very upper range or slightly above. You're going to be shut down anyways, might as well get the most out of it for the 16 weeks.

Consider aromasin/adex etc at least to have on hand.

I appreciate the detailed log, I wish there were more like it.

Thanks bro. Here is today's training in detail:

Bench press to pins with slight pause at bottom: This was a rest / pause set. The way I do these is I do a couple of warmup sets and then one set of 5 reps with the target weight just to get ready. After a brief rest I do the actual set. Unrack the bar and do as many as possible. Rack and take 12 deep breaths. Unrack and continue. 12 deep breadths. One more time.

So today I did 185x21 (total of the three rest pause components)

Single arm cable flys: three straight sets 40x18, 50x10, 50x10

Landmine pushpress: rest pause 50x28

Super sets - tricep push downs and narrow grip decline bench: 140x16 / 145x12, 140x12 / 145x11, 140x10 / 145x10

Some body weight dips and push-ups

Day 6: 6 iu of slin. Pump was excellent, but did not feel much otherwise. Will go for 8 iu tomorrow. Just dosed 25 mg MK.

Last edited:
Day 7: 9 iu of humulin-r. Great leg workout. My legs felt completely drained toward the end of the workout. Sort of a strange feeling. I'm not sure how to describe it. It was more than just tiered or the typical wobbly feeling you get from a hard leg workout. It was like I just had nothing left.

Dinner was delayed about an hour. I thought all was fine, but around 7:30pm I went slightly hypo. Not a big deal. I had my dinner, a glucose two, and a handful of cereal and all was well about 20 min later. Keep in mind I dosed the humulin-r at 2:30pm today so this was four hours later. I already had two shakes and a bowl of cereal with whey.

Day 8: 1 mg DAC dosed this morning. Just took 25 mg MK. Did some ab and calf work today along with some jump rope and rowing.

Definitely noticing a systemic response. Muscles are much fuller.

Day 9: Yesterday was a travel day. It was also low calorie / intermittent fasting. Wish I had thought of this before. Traveling and fasting go perfectly. No need to worry about packing food or finding something healthy. Flight went great and overall a stress free day.

Day 10: Very good back and biceps workout. No slin this week while I'm out of town. However, the pump in my arms was still excellent.

Day 11: Definitely noticing composition changes. This low dose stack just started to really kick. Muscle are very full and feel like I'm on a much larger dose of AAS. Strong leg workout -- hamstring dominate. Sleep is good and overall energy has also been surprisingly good.

Day 12: Abs, calfs, and cardio. Feel great and always slightly pumped. Scale weight is about the same, maybe a half pound higher. Not too much new to report.

Day 13: A typical low calorie / intermittent fasting day. Nothing special to report.

Day 14: Back home and back on my slin protocol. I was inspired by the Rock Hercules diet thread. I've created a scaled down version (I'll post a PDF copy when I'm at my computer). Basically: 3,900 kcal, 400 CHO, 400 PRO, 80 FAT. Food choices are similar to DJ's diet with a few tweets to support peri-workout nutrition and insulin usage. Although it's only 500 kcal more than I'm currently eating, it just seems like a ton of food. Keep in mind that I still have two low calorie days that will remain at 1,500 kcal with only 20 gm of carbs.

1 mg DAC this morning. 9 iu slin pre-workout. I've been at 300 mg pharm grade test for the last week or so.

Biceps and back today. Very good workout and the pump I'm my arms was possibly the best I've ever experienced.

The detailed breakdown of my diet is attached -- both high and low calorie days.

Attachments

• menus - new-hi.pdf
    61.5 KB · Views: 526
  • menus - new-lo.pdf
    52 KB · Views: 514

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views