over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Canadian Offseason 2014/2015!

corey5150

Newbies
Hey guys!

I thought it would be fun if I kept a detailed log of basically everything I do for my 2014/2015 offseason and potentially run into my contest prep as well (which is usually in august). I recently won my heavyweight class at the NBPFAs and lost a very close overall at a decision of 4 to 3, so to say I'm fired up would be a bit of an understatement! lol Things I plan to include in this log are training/supplementation and nutrition, essentially the basics and to keep it as detailed as possible!

I also hope to see some fellow canucks around here too!

Stay tuned!:)

So I'll do an update for my overall plan and later on I'll include what I've today, since I've got several PT client consultations going on!

My current Workout Split is something along the lines of:

Monday: Back
Tuesday: Delts, Abs
Wednesday: Arms, Calves
Thursday: Legs
Friday: Chest, Abs
Saturday: Cardio, Calves
Sunday: Rest

This is simply a change of schedule for me - I've always done chest on monday, etc... but I want to focus on adding some thickness to my back so I will be doing back movements first and because of deadlifts I moved my leg day from wednesday to thursday in order for them to be as fresh as possible. This schedule is also just tentative because I would like to split my leg day into a separate day for quads and hams/glutes. It may also seem weird that I don't do calves on leg day, but in my experience I get so tired from the bigger movements that I tend to cut out calves - and as an area I REALLY want to improve I'm moving them onto days where theoretically I should still have some energy to to do them.

Cardio will be kept all offseason, split 15 minutes pre workout and 15 minutes post workout however, on leg day it will only be 15 pre.

The rough outline of my diet is currently:

6 Meals a day @ 2,470 and the macronutrient breakdown is 250/300/30. However, since this is still so close to my show I have been having treats, but I'm going to get that under control. My goal with this diet is to stay as lean as possible while still increasing LBM. I have a tendency to become too heavy between shows, and thus I have a lot to diet off. My best conditionings have always come when I lose less then 30lbs, less cardio more food, etc...

The diet will be changing a lot. I am going to use a flexible dieting approach (switch out clean sources for other clean sources - to provide variety as well as enjoy life - its the offseason lol) and I will also use calorie counting in the event of going out to eat, whatever... Once again not getting fat is a major priority lol.

Supplementation:
Currently just cruising on some test, however once I have finalized the details of my plan we will be going at it hard and I will also be implementing T3 throughout to help with metabolism production.

Natural Supplements:
I don't use too many but I will be including a whey protein, omega 3's, vitamin C and D as well as digestive enzymes.

What's your stats? Height and weight etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's your stats? Height and weight etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My height is 5'9
Competition weight: 209lbs
Offseason Weight: 230-240lbs

What I did yesterday:

Diet was on point, I eat a lot of lean meats (tuna and chicken mostly with two shakes) my carbohydrates come from mostly oats and rice (I alternate brown and white simply for a difference in flavour), and fats come in from either trace fats from the meats and nut butters which I usually add in during my last meal.

My approach to dieting is going to be moderate protein (never going above 250 - unless I go into a mini diet phase to lose some fat), high carbohydrates and low fat. I've responded well in the past to high fat diets but for experimentation sake I want to try low fat and see how I react.

Workout:
Wednesday: Arm Day
15 minutes of High incline treadmill

Quick warm up 2 sets of rope pushdowns and single arm curls, just to increase blood flow

4 sets of straight bar pushdowns superset with seated preacher curl (rep scheme for all exercises are 10 to 12)
3 sets of reverse grip single arm cable PD superset with hammer curls
3 sets of close grip bench press superset with straight bar curls

3 sets of standing calf raises

15 Minutes high incline treadmill

Notes: Got a great pump, probably mostly from all the high sodium and carbs being reintroduced post show. I like to take my time throughout my workouts - meaning I love lifting heavy! But I do so in a controlled manner with a slow negative and hard contraction. I also like to superset arm day (I've always done this - sometimes I try all biceps at the beginning the triceps... but I always go back) as I find I get a much better pump and it speeds the workout up which is never a bad thing lol

Got any pics from your show?

Got any pics from your show?

I've got a couple! I'll get one or two up tonight!

Yesterday was a cheat day! So went out with the girlfriend got some half priced appetizers and a few baked goods for dessert! I've been eating so clean lately that my cheats make me feel guilty lol something I'm going to have to get over.

So training day yesterday was delts, one of my favourite body parts to train! The workout went like this:

Smith Machine Seated Shoulder Press 4 sets 10-12 (225, 315, 335, 315)
DB Standing Lateral Raise 3 x 10-12 (40,45,55)
Lying Incline Bench Lateral Raise 3 x 10-12 (25)
Reverse Pec Deck 3 x 10-12
Upright Rows 3 x 10-12 (135,155,155)

Great pump, remaining lean which is always nice lol Strength is starting to come back!

And I don't think I mentioned what I was using yet. I just started so it hasn't kicked in yet :( but I'll be doing:
Test @ 800mg/week
Deca @ 500mg/week
EQ @ 500mg/week
T3 @ 50mcg/day

Last edited:
Haven't gotten all the pics from my show yet but I thought I'd throw this one up! Its a little low quality but not too bad!

Attachments

• FL.jpg
    FL.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 141
So training wise has been a bit hectic as over the past couple of days I have been doing a lot of traveling! Still managed to get some training in however (sporadic and diet has been iffy). So getting back to the schedule this week! Been consider adding in some HGH and an oral to my cycle... just not sure which one yet!

you look fantastic bro, amazing chest, great arms and a good lat spread. but legs bro. conditioning can compete at nats, upper body with a good offseason but those legs need to come up. im in the exact same boat as you, it sucks but get the grind on and blow those mother fuckers up

Brother that's a strong smith shoulder press..

Good work m8

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
knarf447
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity