Jefe/Mr Pickles Transformation Contest Log

Jefe

Featured Member - MrPickels
Featured Member
Registered
Verified Customer
Here goes...

Background/update info

Been training since my mid teens for football. Was always a hard gainer. I met Catwaxer (PM lurker) freshman year of college and he taught me how to eat and finally got me to stop over training. Put on 20lbs in a semester. Joined the boards a few years later, learned more. Start of junior year of high school I was 160lbs. Graduated at 185lbs.

at 27 years old I was 6' 230 reasonably lean and the strongest I was while feeling the most heart healthy. I'll be sticking to a workout and diet to similar to that, which I'll post below. I'm currently 205 or 210.

I have yo-yo'ed in weight over the years do to military training (no eats, no sleeps) and injuries. My body bounced around from 200-225 for years with no real progress being made.

I moved across the country six months ago and was forced to move again due to a roommate situation and have been financially strained since. Couldn't evn afford my HRT the last two months. In the last six months I did get in two months of solid workouts and diet. The other four have been Ramen noodle diet or out of the gym completely. I tore my rotator cuff Feb 4th in a mosh pit. Note to self: don't go in the pit with flip flops. Good news here: I tore my rotator cuff in high school and didn't get it fixed for 9 years so I was at my best and got there with it torn so I should be able to do it again. :)

I had a catastrophic arm injury in 2008. Gunshot wound to left forearm. Shattered bones, torn nerves and arteries, and so much swelling the doctors had to slice my arm open from wrist to the middle of my palm and install a vacuum to drain fluid. If they didn't, the swelling would have cut off circulation to the hard and they would amputate it. I was told if I got to keep my hand, I wouldn't be able to use it again. 7 year layoff. Ate like crap and partied = dad bod/skinny fat. :(

Hand/arm is actually pretty good now. Loss of grip strength and I can't supinate my hand fully. I can train around pretty well. I can't do barbell curls but can do camber bar or DB curls ect. It shouldn't really impact me too much besides the seven year set back.

Put on psych meds. One of them raised prolactin and shut down my testosterone. Found out about it after 3 months of training with pretty much no gains. Endo switched my meds and put me on HRT. Started gaining again like normal, if not a little better than before.

Current feeling on my fitness level: :eek::mad::banghead::(
Outlook: :headbang::)

Goals

I'm not going to specifically try to bulk or cut. I'm going to eat when I'm hungry, train like normal, and just try to get back in acceptable shape in general. I guess body recomp is what the kids are calling these days? :confused:

Supplements/Medications

CEE
Preworkout
WPI
Multivitamin
Meds
200mg HRT

Diet

I'll eat when hungry. I'll to get about 60gC/50gP/30gF in each meal. As clean as possible. Typical BBer diet. Lots of fruits and veggies. Spaghetti squash is a favorite. Oats. Chicken and beef mainly with some tuna thrown in. PB if
I need a snack. The produce is cheap here, even the organic stuff, so I get whatever is cheap and I like.

I'd like to be around 3500 calories for the day. I'll track that as best I can and post it in the updates.

Shakes: 50gP with 2 Tbsp of olive oil. When on the run or hungry and too tired to make food. Possibility of PopTarts being eaten with the shake.

Program

Day1: Chest/Shoulders/Tri.

Example: Two sets of incline bench.
One set of cable flyes.
Chest is done.

Same for shoulders and tris.

Day2: Back/Bis
Same as before but I'll do deadlifts and rows and add in some type of pulldowns.

Day3: Off

Day 4 Legs.

Day5: Chest/shoulders/Tris OR a day off if needed OR abs/calves/forearms if I don't do them during the week. I'd like to do them on lift days, but I'm too out of shape to fit them all in for now.

I'll run a mile as fast I can after each lift but not on the days off. I can't do a full mile currently. Not reasonably fast anyways. I'll work up to it. When I was 230lbs, I could do it in 7:30 after the workout.

PWO shake: 50g WPI with CEE and 90g Carbs.

Pictures later tonight.

Trying to figure out how to post all pics at once...

USA Today, Weekend Edition, April 1-3.

Attachments

• 20160403_175501_resized.jpg
    20160403_175501_resized.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 109
Pic with the paper. Let me know if you want something more clear or zoomed in or whatever. :)

Attachments

• jt1_resized.jpg
    jt1_resized.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 108
Front

Attachments

• 20160403_183246.jpg
    20160403_183246.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 106
Gonna stop here. I'll have to resize.

Sorry.

Out of gas for now.