YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Competition Thread - Brittle bones have nothing on me :)

Jblack

Featured Member
Featured Member
Registered
Hey everyone,

Well it is that time of the year again for me. I decided for once to do my first log anywhere. My reason? This is probably my last run of shows for a year or two. My body due to my brittle bone disease (Osteogenesis Imperfecta) is starting to catch up on me in the form of my joints just not being able to endure what they once could. And I always knew time was not on my side with what I have overcome and will eventually come back to say hi again that it is probably a good time to step back some and let my body heal up. 10 years of competition and always brought a better package to the stage, each and every year is something I am very proud of. Sure my sons love the trophies, but I enjoyed knowing that a sport as beautiful as bodybuilding made me feel, for once in my life, normal.

There was and is nothing as surreal as standing on stage and even though I have a atrophied left leg from 18 surgeries overall to my legs to walk again, I feel I have always earned the respect of my competitors because I always bring good conditioning and never let my discrepancy that I cannot control over take the rest of my body I could control. I remember the first time I ever competed I was in the novice class and placed 5th out of 13 people. Man I was so pumped. It was then I realized that this sport I always loved that the guys I idolized; Priest, Yates, Levrone that always following their workouts never let me down lol. There was nowhere to go but up for me. I for once found courage and it came in the form of fake tan and speedos.

I never would show my legs off - ever. Always pants in the gym. I was embarrassed by the scars and by the size difference, but bodybuilding gave me confidence and eventually as of now I have built them up the best they are going to ever be. I have overcome nerve damage to them from all the surgeries and pushed my mind past fear. I had to at age 14 when I stumbled on bodybuilding convince and believe in myself that I would not break anything. That this was going to pay off and it did. I remember doctors telling my mom I was crazy and so was she for supporting it, yet my little 56lb freshman ignored it and went along my merry little path of finding the most fucked up lover and love of all - bodybuilding.

I wanted to just share with you all my true love for this and the appreciation I have for it. Its bittersweet to me, but nothing is forever, but with my life where it is now I feel the urge to share my story with others and inspire them To bring others who have suffered maybe a haunted past like myself to the good that bodybuilding is. To the self-renewal and perseverance it gives you. I am looking forward to sharing my love and my last time shaking my thang on stage for the foreseeable future will bring. So without further ado, thank you for allowing me to share and read this long winded first post for a log, but here we go:

I am currently 15 and 14 weeks out from the Greater Knoxville Classic and Mr. Tennessee. These are the first two shows i competed in 10 years ago and the nostalgia of it for my decade anniversary was too much to pass up. I mean nothing including family has been in my life consistently for 10 years lol.

I am currently on 600mg test, 300mg npp, 300mg mast, 300mg primo. My gear is SAP. 4 iu gh split 2 iu am and 2 iu pm (I am using the greens from Lee). I am sponsored by neither of them. I just asked for a recommendation from a mod here and was pointed there. MODS if that needs to be edited please edit. I am also taking 2ml of Synthetiine (L-Carnitine I hope thats how you spell the product) from Synthetek. i am neither sponsored by them. Meadows sold me on using that product and I trust what he says whenever he endorses anything. I also take exemstane from superior peptides. I have a little stock of them. I am currently taking 20mg of lisinopril for a genetic bp issue related to OI. It keeps me 130 over 70 and my doctor with my OI is pleased with that and so is my cardiologist. People with OI tend to have weaker heart valves due to it being a collagen deficiency so they have to watch our heart valves and our lungs. My ejection fraction is 55-60% on cycle. I am honest with my doctors and they are honest with me. Most of them have no issue with what I do considering I take care of myself and my bloodwork is good. I take everything Dante every recommend on Facebook months back. I only have a HDL that stays at 33 to 40 whether on cycle or not, but my trigs were in the 60s last bw and ldl was 81 so my cardiologist is happy with those.

I am training 6 days a week with legs getting the emphasis twice a week to bring those terrible little small guys up. I am playing with higher reps 50+ with holds and partials and drop sets and bands to overcome the fact when I go heavier my bones and joints just can't take it anymore. I am anxious to see how my legs hold up for this prep.

I am currently prepping myself. I am 220p/205c/50f 4 days a week and 220p/300c/40 the other 3 days. Cardio is all fasted and for 2 days of hit for 15 mins and 5 days of liss for 45 mins. At probably 8 weeks out I will throw the keys to my friend Cade to bring me in. He has a great eye and we are friends and he knows how to bring the best out of me. He is a raw talent of a coach and I think one day will do big things in the industry. Kind of a little secret so far. I will do that because being a full time single dad to a child with a brittle bone disease (he is not as bad mine thank God) but this summer having my oldest son with me will be super memorable. Its their first summer together. I never knew about my youngest son for the first 2.5 year and spent the last 2 years fighting for him and was awarded sole full custody in July. So they never had time to really know each other. I am super excited for a summer with them and they are super excited to diet with me and train with me as they say so far hahaha. I have two businesses as well and would rather just have someone tell me what to do so I can focus my time and positive energy elsewhere.

I am 5'2 and weigh 179.6 as yesterday am. I was 160 in my best condition ever last June so I am hoping for same weight with even better conditioning which I feel will happen since I didn't get too fat this offseason.

Thank you all for the time in reading and I look forward to making this a memorable run and hope you all enjoy a glimpse into something that I love as much as you all do.

-Jeff

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics at 179. 15 and 14 out.

Attachments

• JB1.jpg
    JB1.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 201
  • JB2.jpg
    JB2.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 185
  • JB3.jpg
    JB3.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 179
  • JB4.jpg
    JB4.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 198
  • JB5.jpg
    JB5.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 188
Wow inspiring stuff look forward to seeing the finished product just goes to show when your determined enough you can do anything keep it up my friend.

So far my training this week has been good. I have two stress fractures in each of my femurs I am battling through so it is a lot of reps and shorter range of top end partials to keep the tension on the quads. I have to say I am feeling really good so far. I have no complaints on my mood or my diet. I am getting a weekly massage to help keep my teres minor loose. For whatever reason it has been giving me terrible fits lately. But since adding the rumble roller and the weekly massage my workouts are finally getting back on track esp for Back and Chest day.

Overall, I find myself better than I have ever been at 14/15 weeks out and truly this is, for once, fun again :)

If you all have any questions feel free to ask.

Great to see this. I will be following. I wish you all the best and I hope your injuries stay controlled and you step on stage looking your best to date in 14 weeks :)

Great to see this. I will be following. I wish you all the best and I hope your injuries stay controlled and you step on stage looking your best to date in 14 weeks :)

Thank you my man. To have someone like you following along is awesome. I know I have picked your brain over the years so thank you sincerely for joining me on this journey. :headbang:

JBlack...the man the myth! Jeff is the most inspirational person I know...if you know what Osteogenesis Imperfecta is, you'll agree. His story is absolutely incredible. Everyone should follow this log!

Here is a link regarding Jeff, including his involvement as well my involvement, with the OI (Osteogenesis Imperfecta) community... http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/117999-jeff-black-your-own-hero.html

Good luck man...stay injury free! You look better and better each and every year!!

WOW!

You are much the man my friend. Sure as hell puts my "bad day" in perspective reading about your tribulations.

You should be extremely proud of your strength - and know that you motivate the hell out of me brother! What a freaking kick ass attitude!

Thank you both for the kind words. I honestly just believed I did what everyone should do and that is stand up for yourself. Take charge of your own life regardless of the cards dealt.

Today was my second leg workout of the week. I am still experiencing those nagging stress fractures on the back of my femurs, but it isn't terrible. A life time of them and you get used to them while also understanding them. I know with these that the fractures a very minimal so I can still train just more volume and reps. Focus on the full range and utilize time under tension. I wanted to give a glimpse into it for you all. If any of you have bad knees this has helped me still feel like my quads and hams got wrecked while my knees never were touched. My knees are shot due to my OI so I have had to be weird with my training some of over the years.

I did the following today:

One leg lying leg curl. 3 sets of 8. 2 seconds up 1 hard flex 3 seconds down. Ever since JM released a leg article years ago on T-Nation I have warmed up with hams and my legs especially hips and knees have thanked me ever since. Plus I feel like it helps get me in the zone for the other stuff too.

Next was adductors. 4 sets of 25. I did these in a normal tempo fashion. At the end of each set at the top of the rep, so contraction, I would squeeze then let it out say 12 inches and then squeeze again. I call them top end partials for my own notes I take when I workout. I did at least 10 top end partials for each set. Talk about walking weird afterwards!

Leg Extension. 3 sets of 45. The first 15 reps are full ROM and a typical normal tempo. The next 15 were top end reps so max squeeze let this one down 6-8 inches then squeeze back up. Then back to 15 full ROM reps. Talk about a blow torch to my quads.

Hack Squats. 3 sets of 30 with 30 top end partials at the end of each set. I will be the first to say on hack squat I go to right above parallel. With all the surgeries I have had my rods that stick out the top end of my femurs so if I go below parallel they pop over my tendons or muscles (can't figure that out) and it just is uncomfortable as hell. So I go to about 80 degrees on each rep. Then for my 30 top end reps I just stay about 10 degrees down to 30 degrees then back up to 10 degrees. So far it does the trick as far as totally exhausted and burning my quads to death.

Leg Press. 3 sets of 60. Again, high reps here, but I can go down to 90 or so degrees on this exercise so that is what I do. I also finish each set with 30 top end partials as well. My quads are shot after this.

Stiff Leg Deadlift. 3 sets of 15. I focus on 2 seconds down 1 second hold stretch 4 seconds up and a hard 1 second squeeze. I use 155 for this and by the end my hammies and butt are torched!

I am sure the top end partial stuff and high rep stuff is a little out there, but the way I was training legs mod heavy to heavy just was not working for leg growth, for me. Secondly, with my OI the amount of stress fractures and things I was incurring from the heavy training was making it where I could not train them the way I wanted to so I went back to the drawing board. That is how I got to this workout and I started this one last week and plan on using it the whole way through my prep and will of course tweak it here and there along the way. I will of course let everyone know my results.

Otherwise so far so good and I am still not terribly hungry which is awesome haha ;)

Great info. I like your training a lot. It reminds me of my training. I like to vary reps in one training session too. I am a big fan of partials and high rep leg work is very common for me. Although sometimes I split the reps up. Yesterday and done about 8 sets of 15 reps with 10-15 secs rest in between sets. I wasn't going to complete failure until about the 5th set. I was also switching foot positions each set otherwise I would be failing fast. I struggled walking today but my knees are gtg :)

Great info. I like your training a lot. It reminds me of my training. I like to vary reps in one training session too. I am a big fan of partials and high rep leg work is very common for me. Although sometimes I split the reps up. Yesterday and done about 8 sets of 15 reps with 10-15 secs rest in between sets. I wasn't going to complete failure until about the 5th set. I was also switching foot positions each set otherwise I would be failing fast. I struggled walking today but my knees are gtg :)

I figured I was not alone :)

I tried this a few weeks back and it was terrible!

Leg press
5 seconds down hold for 5 and go back up for 5 then do 5 reps. Repeat that until you get 25 reps. So basically 5 rounds of it. It was horrific! But my knees felt amazing.

I also have done 10 reps hold it for 10 do 9 reps hold it for 9 seconds do 8 reps hold for 8 seconds etc. Then when I get to one rep I rest for 45 seconds and work my way back up again. That was fun.

I really cannot squat much because it just does not feel good at all for me. So leg press, hack squat, horizontal leg press, bear squats machine etc are things I play around with constantly and just try to make them as miserable as possible.

You have any good hammy workouts? I find I get bored training them so its a lot of drops and partials.

Your workout sounds like lots of fun :D I used to do workouts like that all the time but haven't so much recently. You really have to go into a special zone to get through them. All my leg workouts will be looking like that from now on though :eek::D My legs are really bad now and today I have struggled to stand from a seated position.

My hamstring work is very restricted due to my messed up lower back. I usually rotate a leg curl with sumo high stance leg press pushing with my heels. Hams is one bodypart I really make use of partial reps after failing with full rom. Due to my limitations in exercise selection I have to get adventurous with reps speeds and techniques etc. I have started doing standing leg curls using the leg extension machine that I enjoy a lot. Otherwise I just play about with reps and static holds etc.

Your pics wouldn't load up on my comp last time. You are looking fantastic and very lean. You have a lot to time to dial in things slowly so you should look incredible by the end of your prep :)

I figured I was not alone :)

I tried this a few weeks back and it was terrible!

Leg press
5 seconds down hold for 5 and go back up for 5 then do 5 reps. Repeat that until you get 25 reps. So basically 5 rounds of it. It was horrific! But my knees felt amazing.

I also have done 10 reps hold it for 10 do 9 reps hold it for 9 seconds do 8 reps hold for 8 seconds etc. Then when I get to one rep I rest for 45 seconds and work my way back up again. That was fun.

I really cannot squat much because it just does not feel good at all for me. So leg press, hack squat, horizontal leg press, bear squats machine etc are things I play around with constantly and just try to make them as miserable as possible.

You have any good hammy workouts? I find I get bored training them so its a lot of drops and partials.

14 & 13 Weeks Out

Well this brings close to another week. I am 14&13 weeks out respectively. Last week I was 180 this week I am 177.4 - Macros are :205c/190p/50f for 4 days and 3 days of 305c/190p/50f. I just started adding HIIT this week. I will do the step mill for level 17 for 30 seconds 45 off 30 seconds on again for 7 intervals. jump off and single arm battle ropes for 15 seconds 15 seconds off 15 seconds of double two arm battle rope slams then 15 seconds off then 15 seconds of single arm battle ropes and call it a day. The other days I will keep LISS still at 45 mins. I enjoy it while I do it. I sit on the bike and can read and do work so it really is a great way to start my day. My drugs are still 600 test/300npp/300mast/300primo and 4iu greens. I am also taking 2ccs of injectable l-carnitine. I have yet to decide when to add the t3 and tren. I am sure by week 8, but I am glad it is coming off week by week and I still feel I am ahead of where I normally am from past comparisons.

Attachments

• JB6.jpg
    JB6.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 170
  • JB7.jpg
    JB7.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 164
  • JB8.jpg
    JB8.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 169
  • JB9.jpg
    JB9.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 179
  • JB9a.jpg
    JB9a.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 178
Wanted to check in and update. So far my training has been great! Leg training monday was brutal and chest was good. I did strictly dumbbells and cables for my chest workout and my shoulder held up great. It usually aches after my workout for a few hours but this time it did not. So I think I will try dumbbells again this week just to see if it might have been a fluke or not. I did back today and wanted to share my back workout because it was a fun one. Very fresh and unique to me.

I did 4 sets of meadows band (red band) pullovers attached to a kettle bell. 4 sets of 12 here. All 4 sets were done with maybe 1 or 2 more in the tank.

I then wrapped the same red band around one of the posts on the dumbbell rack in my gym and did banded one-arm dumbbell rows. 4 sets of 12 again but there was maybe one more left in the tank on each set. I loved the contraction I felt specifically in my lower lats.

Next was low incline dumbbell rows. I did the 65s for 4 sets of 10 with bottom end partials where all I did pretty much was retract my scapula for 10 reps. My tempo for this was explosive back and slow of 3 seconds on the negative.

After the dumbbell rows my back was really pumped and everything just felt good so I did 4 sets of 8 free bar bent over rows.

My last two exercises were 4 sets of 8 one arm barbell rows (the way meadows does it with the handles he uses you can put on the end of a bar - total game changer for 40 bucks from elite right there) did 4 quarters each side for a better range of motion and my form was good but the goal here was to sling iron.

Last but not least was rack deadlifts 4 sets of 10. I made sure that 10 was hard. In fact almost rest paused last 2-3 reps on each set. I would say get to 8 catch a few good breaths do one more rep. A few more breaths then a rep and that would equal 10 reps so that was one set.

Next week I will be 12 out so my cycle will change to 600 test p 600 primo 300 mast 300 tren ace. 6 iu gh. 2iu pre fasted cardio, 2iu post workout and 2iu evening/before bed. I still am undecided if I will add t3 or not. I would love to not have to add it since I feel like shit on it, but where I am conditioning wise - being ahead of my usual starting point I feel if I have to use it I will be 25mcg is all. I am also taking 2ml of syntethinine fasted cardio with my 2iu gh and my black coffee. I am going to add vasoburn when it comes in.

I am feeling great with where I am at and look forward to really seeing the hard work pay off in the end.

Nice progress Jblack

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you my man. I appreciate you stopping by and seeing the journey beginning of my journey. :D

Looking solid buddy! I will be following you along your journey.

Looking solid buddy! I will be following you along your journey.

Thank you my man. I look forward to the encouragement and feedback you provide. You are always one with good solid points :D

Leg Training Today

Today was my second leg workout of the week. My left knee was a tad sore today, but it has been raining here a lot and weather is all over so my arthritis is really acting up. Doctors said I have arthritis of a 80 year old lol so some days is worse than others, but usually a constant dull ache 24/7.

Anyway, I started off with single leg lying leg curls. 3 sets of 8 - hard squeezes at the top of each and every rep. Next was the standing leg curl. 3 sets of 12 - hard squeeze on each and every rep as well.

Adductors for 3 sets of 30 superset with 3 sets of 30 leg extensions (toes pointed out this time -just for a change mostly). These 3 were extremely hard. I had to stop around 20 each time for about 3 to 5 seconds and then crank the rest out which is exactly what I was hoping for so my weight selection was good today.

Next was 3 sets of 30 hack squats with 30 top end partials. I was failing multiple time per sets and really had to push through the blowtorch I felt that was being administered to my quads.

Leg press for 3 sets of 50 with 25 top end partials. I find this exercise today for whatever reason my mind muscle connection was on the money so every rep I felt and pushed myself on.

The final two exercises were hip thrusters 3 sets of 15 superset with 3 sets of 15 feet shoulder width stiff leg deadlifts.

My legs had a great pump. I am really excited about this way of training my legs. They get so full it hurts but this seems to be the way my legs will let me train them for the time being so we ae going to ride with it.

my friend i finally made it!
i love your passion. your story inspires me my friend.

pull my list check out the aas line. id like to sponsor you if you wouldnt mind logging the line and giving some honest feedback. looking to grow the aas line.

email me.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner