over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Extended/Modified Boladrol Trial

myosin

Kilo Klub Member
I was thankfully chosen as a test subject for boladrol, 8mg/day for 4 weeks.

But then I started to think (it's good to do that once in a while ;))...
- I'm currently on another oral "supplement"
- My liver enzymes are otherwise "OK", but, SLIGHTLY elevated
- It was suggested to me to stay on my current other oral "supplement" as it might skew the results a bit (come off one while starting another)...
- I grew a bit concerned about my liver values going any higher and had thought about even sending the Boladrol back

So: here was my resolution, which I've sent to PHF.

- Several here will be logging their 4 week run on 8mg/day
- I thought a reasonable resolution would be: 8 weeks, 4mg/day... some here are already doing this and are sporadically adding their results, but no actual log to this. My other thought is this: hopefully, by spreading out my run and with a lower dose, when I do come off i won't lose as much.

I am currently on double strength Milk Thistle (and was on my first blood test). I have added L-methionine, 500mg BID. I do take choline bitartrate as well, but only 2.5 grams in my homemade pre-workout "cocktail" 3-5 days/week.

I am hoping to get another liver panel at the end of this run.

I will start my run this coming Sunday, 2mg, BID. No other supplements will be added or subtracted otherwise (If I add ANYTHING, it will be another liver support supplement: ALA, liv-52, etc)

Log plan: Keep it simple. At least once a week (prolly Sundays), I will update a summary of my weekly results (strength, physical changes, how I "feel", etc). If something really significant stands out then perhaps I'll post that sooner.

At the end of 8 weeks, I'll give a brief summary and comparison of those results from the beginning of the 8 weeks.

Good Luck!

Hey Myosin- I wish you the best on trying an 8-weeker with a "designer". I've done a few designer runs, always shooting for 4 weeks are rarely making 21 days as I start feeling like ass (lethargy, high bp, prostate swelling).

I hope you made it the whole 8 weeks as that will be another reason for me to try this stuff- and maybe you will hold you gains better with the slow gradual approach as I pretty much always lost what I gained fast.

Looking forward to following you log....

Good point...

Hey Myosin- I wish you the best on trying an 8-weeker with a "designer". I've done a few designer runs, always shooting for 4 weeks are rarely making 21 days as I start feeling like ass (lethargy, high bp, prostate swelling).

I hope you made it the whole 8 weeks as that will be another reason for me to try this stuff- and maybe you will hold you gains better with the slow gradual approach as I pretty much always lost what I gained fast.

Looking forward to following you log....

Hey, thanks my man, appreciate the encouragement...

You bring up a good point about time on and designers... I've only tried superdrol when it first came out and I know what you are talking about.

This is what I am THINKING about boladrol (PHF please chime in if you have thoughts/clarification on this)... a few users have reported headaches with it... a few others have reported MORE ENERGY and/or "sharpness" in cognition... on the packaging, there is a warning about not using it with MAOI's (or at least with extreme caution)... SO, I'm wondering if one of the pathways boladrol works is "like" an MAOI (increases dopamine and norepinephrine levels)... this MIGHT explain some of the aforementioned affects... My point is, I'm hoping this will help allow an 8-week run (vs, like you said, that crappy lethargic feeling).

However, I should note that I am not going to run this 8 weeks "come Hell or high water"... if the side's are significant enough, then I will try to be wise and come off then.

You bring up a good point about time on and designers... I've only tried superdrol when it first came out and I know what you are talking about.

This is what I am THINKING about boladrol (PHF please chime in if you have thoughts/clarification on this)... a few users have reported headaches with it... a few others have reported MORE ENERGY and/or "sharpness" in cognition... on the packaging, there is a warning about not using it with MAOI's (or at least with extreme caution)... SO, I'm wondering if one of the pathways boladrol works is "like" an MAOI (increases dopamine and norepinephrine levels)... this MIGHT explain some of the aforementioned affects... My point is, I'm hoping this will help allow an 8-week run (vs, like you said, that crappy lethargic feeling).

However, I should note that I am not going to run this 8 weeks "come Hell or high water"... if the side's are significant enough, then I will try to be wise and come off then.

Good luck bro! Mine is somewhat similar to yours. I ran 2mg for just a couple days and then bumped it to 6mg on my own for 2 weeks. I was selected by PHF to run 8mg for 4 weeks, so my total run will be 6 weeks!

Again, good luck an I will be following

Good to know...

Good luck bro! Mine is somewhat similar to yours. I ran 2mg for just a couple days and then bumped it to 6mg on my own for 2 weeks. I was selected by PHF to run 8mg for 4 weeks, so my total run will be 6 weeks!

Again, good luck an I will be following

Very good, that helps a lot man... your input helps that MAYBE my thinking won't be/shouldn't be too far off... good deal, thanks.

Oh, and to encourage you... One thing that impressed me about you- when Tenny corrected your deadlifting video, you TOTALLY took in his wisdom and advice... didn't get mad, ego didn't fight back, just absorbed his insight, THAT's pretty cool

Man I've just got to say that you're really taking "broscience" to a whole new level here.

A steroid or "designer steroid" is not comparable with a neurotransmitter regulator, nor does it work on the same pathways WHATSOEVER!!

Just think about what you're saying: "so I'm wondering if one of the pathways boldarol works is like an MAOI (increases dopamine and norepinephrine)"

Bro, MAOI's are prescribed as a last resort to treat atypical depression symptoms. Doctors will try almost every selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants in creation before prescribing MAOI's... and do you know why it is a last resort???

Because MAOI's can cause potentially lethal complications mostly due to diet or negative drug interactions with other medications.

I am not trying to come off like some all knowing guru, but yah.. just my 0.02

-VM

N/P

Man I've just got to say that you're really taking "broscience" to a whole new level here.

A steroid or "designer steroid" is not comparable with a neurotransmitter regulator, nor does it work on the same pathways WHATSOEVER!!

Just think about what you're saying: "so I'm wondering if one of the pathways boldarol works is like an MAOI (increases dopamine and norepinephrine)"

Bro, MAOI's are prescribed as a last resort to treat atypical depression symptoms. Doctors will try almost every selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants in creation before prescribing MAOI's... and do you know why it is a last resort???

Because MAOI's can cause potentially lethal complications mostly due to diet or negative drug interactions with other medications.

-VM

It's cool... I don't mind explaining my thoughts more here (and yes, I do understand what MAOI's are used for... I've been an ICU charge nurse for over 10 years now... though that doesn't mean I know everything there is to know about health care :))

If you re-read what I said, it was, "... ONE OF THE PATHWAY's... LIKE an MAOI"... I never said, "THIS is how boladrol works..." I never said, "boladrol IS an MAOI". It's similar to how dianabol raises dopamine levels, fact... and many users report an increased "well-being" while on it.

Please, re-read what I said, it SEEMS like ONE EFFECT boladrol might work by is increasing norepinephrine and dopamine levels (which, as you probably know then, is what MAOI's do)... I say this d/t to the effects I noted in my first post... as you mentioned, MAOI's can have some nasty side-effects from diet (maybe some of the users ate foods with tyramine which can cause this when taking an MAOI). I NEVER said this is the only way boladrol works... before going any further, please read this thread, I think it will explain a lot...

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...orum/64759-truth-about-steroids-part-2-a.html

Thanks

Last edited:
Very good, that helps a lot man... your input helps that MAYBE my thinking won't be/shouldn't be too far off... good deal, thanks.

Oh, and to encourage you... One thing that impressed me about you- when Tenny corrected your deadlifting video, you TOTALLY took in his wisdom and advice... didn't get mad, ego didn't fight back, just absorbed his insight, THAT's pretty cool

Well, I am still young and have A LOT to learn! I may be the "strongest guy in the backyard", but there are so many guys at levels I will never achieve. So when I hear one talk, I am all ears!

-VM

ugghh,

hey type dopamine and nandrolone in pubmed,,,,there will be many many studies in human studies

these things cross blood brain barrier all steroids hit alllll cells.

what makes you think the ocd like or aggression or crying spells etc come from?

what makes a woman with severe PMS go nuts

what makes us go retarded during PCT and serm??

what makes tren make you not sleep at night

cuz its androgenic cuz its progestero blah blah blah what???? they have direct effect on all hormones, always connected.

cortisol is a steroid, it works with dopamine and serotonin

histamine is found in mast cells AND brain, if tren cause increase in histamine by cort blocking or some other way i have idea cuz im not a guru either, but you get, sweating, insomnia,,,,and cough cough ashtma no tren cough:rolleyes:

or is PGF that rises?

im not goint to do it but someone should look merck index to see if test or var has any cautions from the meidcal field

guess i wasnt clear if you havent figured it out,,,ive post adrol increasing serotonin metabolism, maybe in this case people that feel like shit on drol coudl benefit from 5 htp or SSRI

or

if nandrolone raises dopamine and you are prone to dopamine sides, you will have some sort of addiction issues? what if you are on seleg and nandy, who knows

thats why im GUESSING that the warning so nobody gets in trouble not to mix shit even brain meds.

hahahahaha

ugghh,

hey type dopamine and nandrolone in pubmed,,,,there will be many many studies in human studies

these things cross blood brain barrier all steroids hit alllll cells.

what makes you think the ocd like or aggression or crying spells etc come from?

what makes a woman with severe PMS go nuts

what makes us go retarded during PCT and serm??

what makes tren make you not sleep at night

cuz its androgenic cuz its progestero blah blah blah what???? they have direct effect on all hormones, always connected.

cortisol is a steroid, it works with dopamine and serotonin

histamine is found in mast cells AND brain, if tren cause increase in histamine by cort blocking or some other way i have idea cuz im not a guru either, but you get, sweating, insomnia,,,,and cough cough ashtma no tren cough:rolleyes:

or is PGF that rises?

im not goint to do it but someone should look merck index to see if test or var has any cautions from the meidcal field

ED2... ur the best man, will be in touch good man

Br J Pharmacol. 1999 Mar;126(6):1301-6.
Increased dopaminergic and 5-hydroxytryptaminergic activities in male rat brain following long-term treatment with anabolic androgenic steroids.

Thiblin I, Finn A, Ross SB, Stenfors C.
Department of Forensic Medicine, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden.
Abstract

1. The effects of treating groups of rats with four different anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) (testosterone, nandrolone, methandrostenolone, and oxymetholone) on 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) and dopamine (DA) neurones in different brain regions were examined. The AAS was injected six times with 1 week's interval and the rats were sacrificed 2 days after the final injection. 5-HT and its metabolite 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA), DA and its metabolites 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC) and homovanillic acid (HVA) were measured. The effect on DA and 5-HT synthesis rate was analysed as the accumulation of 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl-alanine (DOPA) and 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), respectively, after inhibition of the amino acid decarboxylase with NSD-1015 (3-hydroxy-benzylhydrazine dihydrochloride). Additionally, the monoamine oxidase (MAO) activity was analysed in the hypothalamus. 2. The DOPAC + HVA/DA ratio was increased in the striatum in all treatment groups. However, the synthesis rate of DA was significantly increased only in the methandrostenolone treated group. 3. The 5-HIAA/5-HT ratio was increased in all treatment groups in the hippocampus, in the frontal cortex in the methandrostenolone-treated animals and in the hypothalamus in the testosterone- and oxymetholone-treated rats, while the 5-HT synthesis rate was not affected by the AAS-treatments. 4. The MAO-A activity was increased in the oxymetholone-treated rats while the other treatment groups were unaffected. The MAO-B activity was not changed. 5. The results indicate that relatively high doses of AAS increase dopaminergic and 5-hydroxytryptaminergic metabolism in male rat brain, probably due to enhanced turnover in these monaminergic systems.PMID: 10217522 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]PMCID: PMC1565900Free PMC Article

Myosin welcome back, how was it? and htis year 2011 (soon) i will see you at Phil's gym???

Exactly

Increased dopaminergic and 5-hydroxytryptaminergic activities in male rat brain following long-term treatment with anabolic androgenic steroids.

Abstract

1. The effects of treating groups of rats with four different anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS) (testosterone, nandrolone, methandrostenolone, and oxymetholone) on 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) and dopamine (DA) neurones in different brain regions were examined. The AAS was injected six times with 1 week's interval and the rats were sacrificed 2 days after the final injection. 5-HT and its metabolite 5-hydroxyindoleacetic acid (5-HIAA), DA and its metabolites 3,4-dihydroxyphenylacetic acid (DOPAC) and homovanillic acid (HVA) were measured. The effect on DA and 5-HT synthesis rate was analysed as the accumulation of 3,4-dihydroxyphenyl-alanine (DOPA) and 5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP), respectively, after inhibition of the amino acid decarboxylase with NSD-1015 (3-hydroxy-benzylhydrazine dihydrochloride). Additionally, the monoamine oxidase (MAO) activity was analysed in the hypothalamus. 2. The DOPAC + HVA/DA ratio was increased in the striatum in all treatment groups. However, the synthesis rate of DA was significantly increased only in the methandrostenolone treated group. 3. The 5-HIAA/5-HT ratio was increased in all treatment groups in the hippocampus, in the frontal cortex in the methandrostenolone-treated animals and in the hypothalamus in the testosterone- and oxymetholone-treated rats, while the 5-HT synthesis rate was not affected by the AAS-treatments. 4. The MAO-A activity was increased in the oxymetholone-treated rats while the other treatment groups were unaffected. The MAO-B activity was not changed. 5. The results indicate that relatively high doses of AAS increase dopaminergic and 5-hydroxytryptaminergic metabolism in male rat brain, probably due to enhanced turnover in these monaminergic systems.PMID: 10217522 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]PMCID: PMC1565900Free PMC Article

Myosin welcome back, how was it? and htis year 2011 (soon) i will see you at Phil's gym???

We had quite a thread on this...........not long ago

Not Yet...

Abstract

oh, haha, not yet good sir... will go oversea's in March... yes, will be working on the 2011 budget this week and will be working out when I can go to Phil's gym... we will have to co-ordinate our schedule... should be a lot of fun

Day 1: A BUST

No, not that kind of "bust" haha... but a bust in the plans...

I was supposed to start my log and trial today and do chest, shoulder, tri's...

Well, from about 1 am to about 11am I was HIT HARD with a VIOLENT and non-relenting stomach flu... spent the entire night in the bathroom. Going to the hospital is a last effort for me, last night, I was VERY tempted to call an ambulance... the pain was an 8/10 the whole time. While I didn't have a physiological reason to have a perforated intestine, I was starting to wonder if I had a "freak" perf. It's about 4pm now and it's more the "classic flu symptoms" now... achy joints, fever, light-headed, etc.

I did take my morning dose and plan to take my afternoon dose of Boladrol in the hopes I can get back on track tomorrow with working out, we'll see.

sorry to hear man, its that season i suppose

get better soon

Myosin... I know I don't have to tell you this but there are some super virus strands out there just rippin the ass right out of peeps... Yes, that is medically accepted lingo! I had a case terrible a couple weeks ago... I thought I was dying! I thought for sure it had to be something more than the stomach flu... I wondered if I had end stage colon cancer or some kind of rare parasite...

Get better bro!!! Tucks works wonders on the back side!:D

No, not that kind of "bust" haha... but a bust in the plans...

I was supposed to start my log and trial today and do chest, shoulder, tri's...

Well, from about 1 am to about 11am I was HIT HARD with a VIOLENT and non-relenting stomach flu... spent the entire night in the bathroom. Going to the hospital is a last effort for me, last night, I was VERY tempted to call an ambulance... the pain was an 8/10 the whole time. While I didn't have a physiological reason to have a perforated intestine, I was starting to wonder if I had a "freak" perf. It's about 4pm now and it's more the "classic flu symptoms" now... achy joints, fever, light-headed, etc.

I did take my morning dose and plan to take my afternoon dose of Boladrol in the hopes I can get back on track tomorrow with working out, we'll see.

I feel you bro, I have come down with some serious sinus shit! It's taking a toll as I dropped about 5lbs yesterday, mainly from loss of appetite

Hope you two get feelin better. Can't put on no weight when you can't eat and feel like crap. Take you some megadoses of your Vitamins, fluids and rest up guys. Good Luck

Day 2 and 3...

Day 2 was still a recovery day d/t the stomach flu. The night prior (day 1) I was really hoping to be back to par in the morning as I was feeling a bit better from the flu attack. Day 2 I was still a bit light-headed... then spent two hours freezing in my car which had broken down the night before waiting for a tow truck. So, by the afternoon I was back to "ground zero" energy wise :(

Day 3: Working 13 hours in the ICU right now. Will be training at 8am tomorrow morning, so no training tonight (I still struggle with this idea.... I'm open to opinions.... If I workout at 8 or 9pm one day, is it OK to train the next day at 8 or 9 AM?) My trainer said one day a week like that should be OK.

Not much in terms of training the past couple days, pretty bummed out, BUT, the good news is it has made me even more excited than I have been as usual to hit my workout tomorrow even more fresh and recovered!

While on the sideline the past few days, I still have been taking the boladrol at 2mg, BID... so in my optimistic mind, I'm hoping it's had time to reach a nice level in my bloodstream to make tomorrow's workout even more better! :D

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131