over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lou's Log

sybra333

Registered
The completion of a long tough journey. Past 70, but still lifting. Can't lift as heavy as I once did, but still trying. Good days and some not so good. Take 50 mg of DHEA and some old somataxin, not the best
, but better than nothing, Do not let anyone tell you to age gracefully, it cannot be done.

That;s all for now.

Sounds like you still have some journey left. Welcome to ProMuscle!
I'm fighting growing old by "tooth and nails" just turned 45

Too Young

Sounds like you still have some journey left. Welcome to ProMuscle!
I'm fighting growing old by "tooth and nails" just turned 45

My friend, You are young, young, young, However, age catches up to us sooner, or later. At past 70, it really is tough gaining muscle. I will try to lift differently, perhaps to exhaustion, However, that arrives early at this age. One cannot age gracefully, but as you mentioned, one can fight it and should....Later

update

decided at this age to drop soma and do rip. Have started to do a quick loosen-up, 16 reps each exercise and then increase to the max I can lift for the next set and lift until I max out ( to exhaustion ) which takes about 20 reps. I do only one set of these and it seems to be building extra muscle. I will continue this until sets become easy and then add more wait until exhaustion. That's all for now.

God bless you man. Still lifting at that age is incredible. keep up the good work. i can only pray i am lifting at your age.

Good Stuff...

I can only hope to live to 70 let alone still have the training down. Good stuff buddy, good stuff!

Thank you All

Thank you for the interest in my log. I only wish I were 70, My true age is 79 and pushing. I found that the exercise of lifting to exhaustion is to much for an older body. I have had to return to lifting 3 sets of each and doing at least 16, or more reps. I only use the machines, they are easier on my lower lumber.

Thanks.

rip's 3u per day, androgel 5grams daily...Prescription.. dhea 50gm per day. Still searching for a combination that gives energy and allows for good work out. Still doing high reps, low weights and nothing does much good. Enjoy building the muscle while you all are young, because it seems that the day will come
when it ceases

80 pushing 81

Well, time is passing and the age is progressing. I am now 80 and pushing 81 in October 20012.I now do pace three times a week and cybex 2 to three times a week. After several major surgeries and the loss of 15 pounds, I find that there is not much hope of building muscle. The body will not accept extreme weights, nothing above 45 pounds. I know there is no one my age on this site, but it would be nice to receive any ideas how an oldie can build muscle, or have I reached the end of the muscle building process. ( Sorry this is so long )

P.A.C.E.

Started doing P.A.C.E. a few months ago. I am sure you all have heard of it. Exercise to exhaustion and then rest for a short time. The idea is to get at least 12 min of excercise three time a week ( more if one choses ) and no more that 20 min of exercise ( not including resting ). Is anyone aware of P.A.C.E. and has anyone tried it.

At this date, still doing P.A.C.E. and have added back two days of weights. have picked up a book 3 minutes to a pain-free life and have added this to my daily schedule. Just trying to keep the body in condition until I reach 100 years...( I hope )....That is all until next time.

Blood Pressure

Does anyone know what the blood pressure for an 80 year older man is....Some say, 110 over 70....Ha Ha...I don't think I will see that again.

Arteries Blocked

Have to have Arteries unclogged with stints. May require four stints and one just opened. Will discontinue P.A.C.E program and weights for a while. The age 80's are beginning to set in.....No reason to give up though......Later

Here's the latest

Well, the big surgery has occurred. I had triple by pass on the 16th of April and my valve replaced. Believe me, one does not wish to have this occur at age 80, or perhaps any age. Of course, it has slowed me down to almost a stand still and then my left lung filled with two liters of fluid...That was not funny either.LOL Well, I am looking forward to a semi-quick recovery and I hope the surgery has added another ten years to this older life......That is all for now.

Getting active

Well, it's been one week past a month since the bypass and I have started cardiac heart excersises at the Baylor Heart Center in Texas. I shall continue for about 13 weeks and then on to heaver weight lifting at the gym. Lost all my lean muscle during surgery, but hope to gain it back......That's all for now.

Cardio Rehab

Have been two times. 1 and 1 half hour each time. Only consists of Treadmill, stationary bike and so far 3 pound weights. Hope to advance in all areas and increase the weights. The girly weights really have to go.

More to come later.

Have been two times. 1 and 1 half hour each time. Only consists of Treadmill, stationary bike and so far 3 pound weights. Hope to advance in all areas and increase the weights. The girly weights really have to go.

More to come later.

Good to see you are recovering from your surgery. Sounds like you have a good plan. I would concentrate on the cardio for now. When lifting... weight is not important just lift what your comfortable with. But sure I understand not wanting to be stuck with the light weights. Goodluck with the rest of your log. I hope to see you posting when you reach 90 :D

update

Still doing cardio rehab. Have 3 more weeks to go. Have started doing some weight work, However, I cannot go beyound 35 pounds as the weights seem to be tearing at my breast bone which, of course, they had to break open to reach the heart. I hope by the end of this month, that I will be lifting heaver weights, but time will tell.....No need to tell, but at this age, it is almost impossible to build muscle. If your going to lose weight, do it while one is young, that way one will not look like a prune.....That's all for now.

Have one more week of rehab left. Left hand ( small finger and ring finger )
are numb from damage to the Ulanr nerve during surgery. If anyone has
a relief of this problem, let me know. It has been numb for three months.

At the end of this week, I will return to the gym for some P.A.C.E. workout and weights. Have to be careful of rib cage as they split this open to get to the heart.

That's all for now.

Man i hope to still be able to get to the gym at 80yo. Youre a diehard man.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131