over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My folli/DES + contest prep log

Big Dave Smith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I've decided to take the plunge. After reading the results from people using the latest and greatest peps, the information has been too vague. I'm here to set the record straight. I know basically where I should be once show time comes. I know what all the supplements and dieting SHOULD be doing and this isn't my first rodeo... so I'm going to give an unbiased, relatively controlled look on follistatin and IGF-DES.

I'm currently in prep mode for a big fall show. I'm working with one of the best prep coaches who we all have learned something from at one point or another (not sure if I'm allowed to say his name, as he's not a sponsor here).

I'd rather not go into detail about supplements aside from peptides. I'll just note that what I'm doing is in the mid-range of what most people in my weight class are doing. I don't abuse, but I'm not shy. My approach with supps is going to be pretty close to what I did for the Gold's Classic where I won my class and my spring shows that I bombed.

Beginning stats...
Height- 5'9
Weight- 256 AM weight
Weeks out- 10

Current diet
pro- 60g/meal
fat- 20g/meal
carbs- trace amounts from veggies

Cardio- 45min x 7 days, walking in a treadmill

PEPTIDE SCHEDULE
Follistatin- 100mcg AM, 100mcg PM
IGF-DES- 50mcg pre WO, 50mcg PWO... with focus on biceps/triceps

As time goes on, I'll continue to post pictures. If weight abnormally changes, strength abnormally changes, appearance abnormally changes, I'll immediately note it here. I just got a decent camera with a cheap stand, so I'll be able to take pictures and decent gym videos.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS WANT TO SEE AND HEAR! I'm willing to post training videos and talk about everything going on in my contest prep.

Thanks to Phil, Mike, and Jeff from ErgoPep. I introduced this journal idea to them, basically explaining my situation. Without them, I would not be able to do this experiment.

THE BEGINNING

BACK LAT
back lat 10 pictures from extreme sports photos on webshots

FRONT DB
front double 10 pictures from extreme sports photos on webshots

NOTE-

Experiment begins in about 2 days.

You are a large and strong beast! Look forward to seeing how your prep comes along

In to follow along brother

Since theres no edit button:

My lab rats cutting as well utilizing a keto type diet and wishes to incorporate DES as well. Will you be taking any carbs in after the DES? This wasnt covered so i was just curious.

Nice log buddy.

I posted a ton of details in mine too, and people seemed to love it, so i bet this log will be very well followed dave.

The setup looks perfect and i would wager any amount of money that YOU LOVE DES!!!! AND get gains on follistatin.

Nice log buddy.

I posted a ton of details in mine too, and people seemed to love it, so i bet this log will be very well followed dave.

The setup looks perfect and i would wager any amount of money that YOU LOVE DES!!!! AND get gains on follistatin.

I saw yours. Great stuff.

I'm going into this completely neutral. I'm HOPING my muscle mass goes up with the follistatin. The IGF? I have no idea. I hear it helps with bodyfat. I hear it helps with lagging body parts. I hear you get wicked pumps... but I'm the kind of person who'd like to see it to believe it. I chose these two compounds because they seem like the most promising.

I saw yours. Great stuff.

I'm going into this completely neutral. I'm HOPING my muscle mass goes up with the follistatin. The IGF? I have no idea. I hear it helps with bodyfat. I hear it helps with lagging body parts. I hear you get wicked pumps... but I'm the kind of person who'd like to see it to believe it. I chose these two compounds because they seem like the most promising.

With the des, you wil bring up lagging bodyparts but the REAL magic doesnt happen for two -3 months after when those new muscle cells mature and reach full size=-) You will look in the mirror one day and just be like, damn......that bodypart is catching up=-)

very cool dave, i am really excited to see your progress. Last year didnt you do the philadelphia and new jersey show? I live right in that area. When you decide which show, i would definitely love to come watch it.

Good luck on the prep man!

With the des, you wil bring up lagging bodyparts but the REAL magic doesnt happen for two -3 months after when those new muscle cells mature and reach full size=-) You will look in the mirror one day and just be like, damn......that bodypart is catching up=-)

very cool dave, i am really excited to see your progress. Last year didnt you do the philadelphia and new jersey show? I live right in that area. When you decide which show, i would definitely love to come watch it.

Good luck on the prep man!

Last year I did the Jersey Gold's Classic. Won the SHW. Would have had the overall if I didn't screw up during the day!

Where are you located? PM me.

Research begins Thursday afternoon. :)

Thats exciting bro! I know you are in prep, but are there anymore Pros vs Joes in your future? You killed the 2 I saw

Thats exciting bro! I know you are in prep, but are there anymore Pros vs Joes in your future? You killed the 2 I saw

I doubt so. I don't know when the next one is. I was supposed to do the last 2 events as well... but a friend of mine passed away, which caused me to miss the deadlift event. An injury and lack of $$ caused me to miss the Arizona squat contest. I didn't want to shell out the money for a plane ticket, hotel, and rental car. I think out of the two, I would have certainly come in the top 2 in the deads.

Frankly, I don't even deadlift unless it's to prepare for those events. I need more work on my upper back, lats, etc. My erectors are thick enough. I still squat, but lately my hip has acted up from too much BJJ.

As for the carbs: I have to note this with my coach. He'll steer me in the right direction.

I doubt so. I don't know when the next one is. I was supposed to do the last 2 events as well... but a friend of mine passed away, which caused me to miss the deadlift event. An injury and lack of $$ caused me to miss the Arizona squat contest. I didn't want to shell out the money for a plane ticket, hotel, and rental car. I think out of the two, I would have certainly come in the top 2 in the deads.

Frankly, I don't even deadlift unless it's to prepare for those events. I need more work on my upper back, lats, etc. My erectors are thick enough. I still squat, but lately my hip has acted up from too much BJJ.

As for the carbs: I have to note this with my coach. He'll steer me in the right direction.

it has a mild nutrient shuttling effect dave. Sorta like slin. it can make you go hypo but if you are in keto, i believe that you will be ok. If you are not in keto, then some carbs would be good. Just not enough to completely throw your diet off. This is of course just my humble opinion=-)

Your trainer will definitely be able to answer better.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I was definitely impressed with your strength. Btw, what was the weight for the deadlift this time? Still 405? How many won it?

You are big Dave Smith. ;)

Dave, are you running the peptides alone? I will be interested to hear your upcoming log.

Hey guys. I start today. I needed to verify shipping.

I'm doing this in combination with "typical precontest prep". I won't go into specifics, but I'm doing what most SHW guys would be doing to get ready for Eastern USA.

I'm using my prep as my "control" and these two peps as my
"variable". I'm 90% sure where I should be at for most of the prep. My coach is one of the many genius minds on this board that get dudes PEELED. I'll compare my stats and strength to previous preps as I go along. I'll also post pics of where I was in the spring and 1 year ago.

Doing it this manner, especially without much of a growing/offseason inbetween will really show the power of what these peps do.

I'll also be running them post contest as well for my big off season coming up.

My rat has taken up to 150mcgs of DES and no carbs without any issues thus far.

Just figured id share.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members