over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Taking the plunge, my first contest prep

bmcjames

Registered
So my heart is pounding with excitement and fear right now, almost as hard as finishing a set of grueling squats. I know how harsh you promuscle guys can be :p

I have a large group of friends telling me to go for it so here I am, taking the plunge into my first competition. March 31st I'll be doing the Ronnie Coleman Classic, Novice Middleweight Division (assuming I quit growing and actually make weight!)
Now to clarify, I am actually doing this prep myself. I can't afford to hire anyone right now so it is solely my knowledge of dieting, training, cardio. However don't let you think I am not open to help! Just don't expect me to have the money to pay for it, so if you are feeling generous please do share :D

We'll use this as my beginning pic
11/11/11 BW225lbs Waist 35.5" (I almost always have abbs/intercostals and lower abb veins, my fat goes to my back)
**broken link removed**

12/30/11 BW 206lbs Waist 33" (my previous diet I was force feeding 3500cals a day, 300ish g carb on rest and 400ish g carb on lifting days. Its quite easy to drop 20lbs when you drop your carbs to half that lol)
**broken link removed**
Full pump in this pic, just finished training delts/arms/calves

1/13/2012 BW 198lbs waist 31.75"
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
Zero pump however the ac was off in the house so it was a hot 90F and I had just ate some food so the veins were swelling.

1/18/2012 198.2lbs Waist 31.5" this morning (yeah, weight went up and waist went down, I'm getting tremendously stronger right now as I am leaning up) Temp is about 60F in the house so all the veins get sucked up and go on vacation lol. Zero pump, today is rest day which means it is my day that I am as lazy as humanly possible and pretty much play video games all day
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
No those are not posing trunks, they are just some breifs underwear that are ungoldy tooo tight on me now since I have packed on some mass.

Lookin good bro well proportioned and nice progress dropping weight. How old are you?
Good luck brother

Pics from this morning post back/chest training

1/19/2012 198lbs 31.5" waist
Post Chest/Back training, thanks for the pics Louzee :)

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

And here is a fresh out of bed waist pic taken about 15 mins after waking up
**broken link removed**

Great progression bro!! Good luck in your journey, your hard work and determination definitely shows and if you keep at it you will do great!

If there is anything we can do to help let us know, shoot me or LMR a pm and we'll see what we can make happen!!

4 clips from yesterday 1/19

Louzee was in camera hound mood yesterday so she took these while I was lifting.

Pullups Set 1 +25lbs SHOULDER WIDTH
SDC19519.MP4 - YouTube
Pullups Set 2 BW WIDE
SDC19520.MP4 - YouTube
Pullups Set 3 BW NARROW
SDC19521.MP4 - YouTube
Yeah I have to work on my ugly mug and try and keep composure..

1 Handed TBar rows warmup
SDC19522.MP4 - YouTube
She didn't like the lighting drowning me out so she quit after this
I really like those meadows rows :)

So I took the time to count up my sodium an I have a pretty good estimate as to how much I'm getting a day.

I really douse down all my foods with a nice helping of "Salt Lick" Dry Rub. 1 teaspoon is 700mg sodium
so if you figure on a minimum of 1 teaspoon per meal (probably more like 1.5 in real world though) and 5 meals a day
I'm getting in 3500mg sodium a day (I would honestly figure on 5000mgish a day though).

No wonder I'm so watery...

So I took the time to count up my sodium an I have a pretty good estimate as to how much I'm getting a day.

I really douse down all my foods with a nice helping of "Salt Lick" Dry Rub. 1 teaspoon is 700mg sodium
so if you figure on a minimum of 1 teaspoon per meal (probably more like 1.5 in real world though) and 5 meals a day
I'm getting in 3500mg sodium a day (I would honestly figure on 5000mgish a day though).

No wonder I'm so watery...

Salt is not going to hurt you, I mean your body needs sodium and will adjust accordingly. By all means dont pour a whole bottle on one meal:p...
I guess I'm saying you dont really need to put much thought into it....

post leg training pic, 1/20/2012

Got veins?

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**
1/20/12 BW 198.8lbs (had 1lb steak last night) waist 31.5"

pic was taken about 20 minutes post leg training.

10 weeks 1 day out

Salt is not going to hurt you, I mean your body needs sodium and will adjust accordingly. By all means dont pour a whole bottle on one meal:p...
I guess I'm saying you dont really need to put much thought into it....

Awesome sounds good!

Some good spices sure make dieting alot easier. Bland chicken breast and rice becomes a delicious meal with enough spice lol

Macros yesterday (~250g protein, ~150g carb, ~80g fat, ~2320 cals)

10 weeks out bodyfat measurement is in =)

BW is 198.2
BF 7%
9 point skinfold test total is 51.5mm

Last edited:
no offense taken

10 week out bf measurement is in

BW is 198
BF 7%
9 point skinfold test total is 51.5mm

note*

I don't trust bf% number games. I honestly have the calipers just as a tool to give me a consistent reading and keep track of progress. I only care about that total mm, the way I see it, if that is going down then that is all that matters...

For instance, a 3 point test says I'm 4%..... yeah right I wish!

Last edited:
would using them to keep track of total mm be bad though?

completely throw out the bf% number and only pay attention to that total skinfold number is what I'm talking about. It just seems with my scale jumping around all over the place, that it would be a more consistent means of keeping tabs on progress.

would using them to keep track of total mm be bad though?

completely throw out the bf% number and only pay attention to that total skinfold number is what I'm talking about. It just seems with my scale jumping around all over the place, that it would be a more consistent means of keeping tabs on progress.

THROW THE CALIPERS IN THE GARBAGE!:banghead:
Just use the mirror, Dont get all caught up in the scale and use the mirror as your guide. Weight flucuates it is what it is.......

k
thanks for a swift knock on the head of wisdom

I won't toss them but.....
I'll save em for my mom or someone else who is packing huge % then and needs the motivation of them lol

Leg Training vid from today

I haven't gone heavy in a while so I wanted to push it today.

1/20/12 ME Leg Day - YouTube

I typically train a bit like a powerlifter, I am usually no heavier than a 3-5 rep max for my first set though, today I was wanting to move something even heavier though :)

I am squatting to a 12" tall milk crate, as you can see my socks go up higher than it, so yeah that is about 6" below parallel for me. The green band takes off 90lbs in the bottom position so that is 365 at the crate.

My lovely Louzee threw this video together for me, isn't she the greatest!

Last edited:

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members