over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

TKAV'S Mountaindog Log

tkav1980

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
OK so John sent me my diet on friday. I couldnt get food shopping until today but other than the type of eggs/beef I followed it to the letter. I know that part is extremely important but I did want to see how hungry/full I was going to be with the amounts of food he has me eating. All in all I was extremely comfortable, not gettign too hungry and not feeling stuffed and bloated. The food choices are awesome too, that makes it pretty easy to follow too.

Today I hit my first back day. Holy crap it hurts...hahaha. I'm not used to this level of volume so half way through I was struggling with some less than impressive weights. Man this routine really kicks our ass right into the ground......I'm actually terrified of my first leg day.

Right now I'm really way out of shape, Sitting waYYYYY down at about 190, actually after training I was 189.4 LBS. But I figure with muscle memory and John's training/diet It'll probably fly right back on at first. Pics coming tomorrow.

I'm doing it this way so I'm not flat out giving away the program he designed for me instead of the old

exercise x for y reps with weight z format. I'll let the pics speak for themselvs and as long as I do my job, they will.

Arms today.. Mountaindog is sadistic. That hurt like hell. Starting to get hungrier, and sitting at 190.6 right now after training. It's still a pain in the ass with my right side being that much weaker than the left. Anyway Ill try to attach a pic and hopefully its no too big.

HAHAHA, keep in mind ive only been back training for oh 3 1/2 weeks after basically taking off from oct and unintentionally starving myself for 3 months at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
tkav

Buddy,

listen, i think this program is going to be great for you. I think you will love it.

I would like to offer you a piece of advice though. You have all of the nutrition, dozens of trainning theories etc all figured out and are very knowledgeable. The one thing that has always stood out to me, is the lack of consistency. You have hopped trainers numerous times back and forth always searching for a magical program, diet etc. I think the only component that you are missing from realizing your goals and hell even going beyond them is consistency over time. Please dont take this as busting your balls man, it is just an observation and a piece of advice.

You know a ton and offer good advice, and now i would like to see you put that all to use for yourself. With john meadows, the sky is really the limit, you just have to put in the work buddy.

I will be following this log and cant wait to see the progress my man, i bet you can be big and ripped this summer down the shore! I plan on heading down your way after june 23rd, so we will have to grab a bite to eat.

Buddy,

listen, i think this program is going to be great for you. I think you will love it.

I would like to offer you a piece of advice though. You have all of the nutrition, dozens of trainning theories etc all figured out and are very knowledgeable. The one thing that has always stood out to me, is the lack of consistency. You have hopped trainers numerous times back and forth always searching for a magical program, diet etc. I think the only component that you are missing from realizing your goals and hell even going beyond them is consistency over time. Please dont take this as busting your balls man, it is just an observation and a piece of advice.

You know a ton and offer good advice, and now i would like to see you put that all to use for yourself. With john meadows, the sky is really the limit, you just have to put in the work buddy.

I will be following this log and cant wait to see the progress my man, i bet you can be big and ripped this summer down the shore! I plan on heading down your way after june 23rd, so we will have to grab a bite to eat.

Believe me I know consistancy has always been my issue. I'm afraid unfortunately, from october thru december it will continue to be until I get into a new line of work. It is unavoidable right around that time of year.

Hey T...excited for you and will be following along!!

Believe me I know consistancy has always been my issue. I'm afraid unfortunately, from october thru december it will continue to be until I get into a new line of work. It is unavoidable right around that time of year.

Good man!!!

But hey player from now till october, you can make some silly ass progress!!!!!

Get that shit going tk

Wish I could afford john and his style of eating. I bet I would feel a million times better right now. Take advantage of it bro

MORE.......

Day off from training today, Just stupid hungry. Got up at 8 for work and have a double so ill be here till around 1 am and already ate 2 meals! Maybe I'll put down some more coffee as it seems to fill me up a bit.

Hey T...excited for you and will be following along!!
thanks Iron! I've been really chomping at the bit to get back in to the swing of things all december and having the chance to work with John is Awesome! Guy is just scary smart.

Good man!!!

But hey player from now till october, you can make some silly ass progress!!!!!

Get that shit going tk

LoL thats the plan! Oh when you head down this way definately hit me up. The chef I work with Brought me in an entire side of venison he killed last week. We'll BBQ it up and see if we can finish the whole thing... hahaha.

thanks Iron! I've been really chomping at the bit to get back in to the swing of things all december and having the chance to work with John is Awesome! Guy is just scary smart.

LoL thats the plan! Oh when you head down this way definately hit me up. The chef I work with Brought me in an entire side of venison he killed last week. We'll BBQ it up and see if we can finish the whole thing... hahaha.

Awesome...feel free to use venison for the beef, and to bump up the serving size a few ounces :)

JM

Friday-
Legs today -
Terrible workout today, I failed to finish almost every single set. Had 3 meals in me, slept 8 hours, everything said I should have had an awesome day. I think I may have went just a bit too heavy especially since most of the exercises were ones I havent done in a long long time, or I havent done them ever. I kept taking my best guess at weight to use, but for anythign after the first set I was failing a rep short, which really pisses you off when you just cant get that last rep......Lol on the smith squats, the way John has me do them I got stuck at the bottom on the last rep of the last set... hahaha, Thankfully I only had 1 plate on each side so I kind of shoulder pressed it off and locked it then had a 2 min nap on the floor until my legs would work again.

I felt like I had 2 or 3 more reps in me and my legs were just like " what do you think your trying to do? Not gonna happen bud."

Oh well , way I look at it, I'll goddamn get it right next time because being this weak will piss me off right up to my next workout.

Saturday 02/04/12 - Chest and shouders

Its funny, Last week I had no problem hitting 365 for 6 on a decline. It's the only thing Ive done for chest for a good 2 years ( well maybe some dips here and there). So today I have to do incline. 195 for 8. HAHAHA, It's amazing how weak you can be on a different press that you havent done for years. I suppose the strength in these exercises I'm not used to will develop relatively quickly, but it's still a shock at first.

Shoulders was a bit annoying with the impingement on the right side, limiting my left side to what the right can do to keep the imbalance to a minimum but I figure once the right side is re-trained and redeveloped everything will work itself out. So no worries there, just need to put in the time and effort to make it happen.

Hunger has been odd. Half way through my meals yesterday I was stuffed, Got everything in by around 9 pm but worked until 3 am so by 1:30 i went from stuffed to starving. It seems to be that my hunger fluctuates with no rhyme or reason, At first I was always hungry on this diet now I'm really not able to predict when I will be hungry. Which was something I used ot be pretty good at. As with anything new there is a learning curve so I'm sure as soon as i finish pouring through all the info John has out on the web I'll have a better understanding of things. Being an information Junkie has it's price, making you obsess until you have a relatively intimate understanding of what it is your interrested in knowing.

Oh If anyone has a wheel chair I can borrow until my legs work again I'd apreciate it.

I really love these workouts, intense pumps, crippling soreness(in a good way), and you feel like the muscles are always full. All in all it's a lot of fun trying to do all these things im not used to. Really motivating in itself to want to be strong with them and really master the demand of this type of training.

Last edited:
Great stuff T...never a dull moment!! Just keep doing what you're doing...just when you get used to something, I'm sure John will change it on you!!

OK Doing yesterday's update today.

Back-
So the available smithmachine at the gym for smight BB rows was set up so that no matter what the bar was too high when bottomed out. "Not a problem!" I mistakenly thought. I grabbed me an exercise step, a couple of those plastic riser thingy's, and made me a platform. I hop on, get my feet under me so im nice and solid. Un hook, start to bend forward, then it slides out backwards and I learn I can do a summersault and not die in the process.

Workout was great though, Love those DB deadstop rows.

John sent me new Macro's and I'm feeling much fuller longer.

Weight today after training - 193.4 so up about 3 lbs. I'll Take it.

Hey Bro, good to see your log up here. I will watching this closely! Good luck bro, if you need any help or motivation let me know!

cheers!

Hey Bro, good to see your log up here. I will watching this closely! Good luck bro, if you need any help or motivation let me know!

cheers!

Thanks Chef! I'm going to wait until next week , But I'm really excited to actually get a new set of pics up. BF is dropping quick and I'm heavier.

Great log here! I Love JM's workouts! I really want to hire him to set up my training program for my prep this year (I'm saving up!).

I'm curious to see how you like this diet, are you eating all grass fed beef and free range eggs and such?

Keep up the good work, I'll be following along! :headbang:

Great log here! I Love JM's workouts! I really want to hire him to set up my training program for my prep this year (I'm saving up!).

I'm curious to see how you like this diet, are you eating all grass fed beef and free range eggs and such?

Keep up the good work, I'll be following along! :headbang:

The diet is great! I feel so much better with the food John has me eating than I have in a long time.

Again I'm a day late with updates.
Yesterday was arms.

Good news is the right bicep is just getting going. I was able to get a pump in it and use enough weight so that my left one got some work too. Last set of hammer curls was up to 35 lbs, and considering that right at the beginning of the new year 5 lbs was an issue past 5 reps thats an improvement I'm really happy about. Tri's are even, so at least I can really hammer those hard but as usual thats one muscle that I cant seem to get sore yet. Actually they never got sore so I guess its just a genetic thing.

02/10/12 -

Legs today-
The way John rotates exercises around in this first phase of his program it's kind of hard to judge a strength increase. However, Today definately went well. I'm starting to handle the bigger weights even with the increased volume that I'm not used to. I'll be really sore tomorrow but all in all it was a fantastic workout. Next mon-wed I'll get the next pic up. BF is flying off and my bodyweight is up. Ahhh thank god for muscle memory.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131