advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Flex2019/ARL Log - Lightheavyweight success for 2012.

Flex2019

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I'm happy to say that I have teamed up with ARL for the 2012 contest season. 2011 was my first year competing as a light-heavy, and after a bit of disappointment. I realized it was time to take a nice long offseason to make necessary improvements.

This log will follow my progress from now, through the rest of my offseason, into the two shows I have planned for the fall. I will be competing in the NPC New Englands at the end of October and then the Eastern's a week later. Only ARL products will be used.

I'm currently sitting at a bodyweight of 230lbs, down from my offseason high point of 245. I was getting a little too soft for my liking so it was time to back down a bit. My plan is to drop another 10-15lbs before starting my actual prep in early June. I'm taking things slowly. Light cardio 5 days per week and I've tightened up my nutrition. No more weekend pizza and burgers!

Products I'm currently running:

Test enanthate, 1500mg per week.
Anadrol, 50mg per day.
GH, 2iu per day.
Humulin-R, 10iu preworkout.

Here is a fatboy pic so everyone can get an idea of where I'm at right now. This was taken approximately a month ago, at a bodyweight of around 240. I will take some more pictures this week.

Attachments

• Fatboy.jpg
    Fatboy.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 863
Last edited:
As many of you know, I handle all of my own nutrition both in the offseason and precontest. Here is a breakdown of my intake right now:

Training days:

Meal 1: 8 Egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal.
Intra-workout: BCAAs, 25g waxy maize, 10g creatine, 10g glutamine.
Meal 2: 2 Scoops whey protein, 1.5oz nuts.
Meal 3: 4oz Beef, 4oz turkey breast, 1.5 cups brown rice.
Meal 4: 2 Scoops whey protein, 1.5oz nuts.
Meal 5: 4oz Beef, 4oz turkey breast, 1.5 cups brown rice.
Meal 6: 12 Egg whites cooked in 1 TBSP olive oil.

Daily totals: 328g protein, 209g carbs, 129g fat. Total calories: 3309

Non-Training Days:

Meal 1: 8 Egg whites, 4 whole eggs, 1 cup oatmeal.
Meal 2: 2 Scoops whey protein, 1.5oz nuts.
Meal 3: 4oz Beef, 4oz turkey, 1.5 cups brown rice.
Meal 4: 2 Scoops whey protein, 1.5oz nuts.
Meal 5: 4oz Beef, 4oz turkey, 2 cups veggies.
Meal 6: 12 Egg whites cooked in 1 TBSP olive oil.

Daily totals: 326g protein, 144g carbs, 123g fat. Total calories: 2987

This is pretty close to a contest diet for me. My body responds well to a low/moderate carb intake with a moderate/high fat intake.

My training split is pretty basic right now.

Day 1. Chest/delts
Day 2. Back
Day 3. Arms
Day 4. Legs

Calves/abs are thrown in anytime, usually between days 1 and 2 but it varies. I'm currently training with a good friend who is a client of John Meadows and I have been following his workouts. When prep actually starts, I will be hiring John myself.

Cardio, as mentioned earlier, is 30 minutes or so, 5 days per week. It is almost always done fasted, first thing in the morning.

Im in to follow along bro!

It was a good training week this week. I had been dealing with a nasty case of tendonitis in my biceps/forearms of both arms for a few months and it really hampered my arm training. Thanks to two sessions with a very good massage therapist and little bit of time off, I am slowly regaining strength. I'm hopeful that offseason bicep development wasn't slowed too much. This was the first week in recent memory that I was able to complete an arm workout with very little pain.

Bodyweight is down a bit, to 226 this morning. I'm feeling great on lower calories and noticeably tightening up more every couple of days.

New pics to come soon.

I have been more focused on my overall health (especially cardiovascular) lately. Here is a list of supplements taken every day.

Morning:
Multi-Vitamin
Baby Aspirin
Vitamin C 1000mg
Fish Oil 2400mg
CoQ10 100mg
Glucosamine/Chondroitin 2500mg

Intra-Workout:
BCAAs 10g
Waxy Maize 25g
Creatine Monohydrate 10g
Glutamine 10g

Post-Workout:
Alpha-Lipoic Acid (ALA) 1200mg
N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) 1200mg

Mid-Afternoon:
Vitamin C 1000mg
Fish Oil 2400mg
CoQ10 100mg

Evening:
Multi-Vitamin
Vitamin C 1000mg
Fish Oil 2400mg
CoQ10 100mg
Glucosamine/Chondroitin 2500mg

I will be donating blood on the 17th as well.

Are you and the future Mrs. Flex going to be competing at the same two shows this year?

It was a good training week this week. I had been dealing with a nasty case of tendonitis in my biceps/forearms of both arms for a few months and it really hampered my arm training. Thanks to two sessions with a very good massage therapist and little bit of time off, I am slowly regaining strength. I'm hopeful that offseason bicep development wasn't slowed too much. This was the first week in recent memory that I was able to complete an arm workout with very little pain.

Bodyweight is down a bit, to 226 this morning. I'm feeling great on lower calories and noticeably tightening up more every couple of days.

New pics to come soon.

Acupuncture helped my tendonitis and alkaline water seems to help me out by flushing some of the acid out your body. I am sure that ARL is doing a good job for ya it is some awesome gear.

Are you and the future Mrs. Flex going to be competing at the same two shows this year?

As a matter of fact we will! I usually compete in June every year, I really like the Atlantic States Championships, but I decided to wait until October so that we could compete together. It's also nice to be able to prep at the same time. Makes it a lot easier when we can deal with the stress together.

Acupuncture helped my tendonitis and alkaline water seems to help me out by flushing some of the acid out your body. I am sure that ARL is doing a good job for ya it is some awesome gear.

I've heard good things about acupuncture, but for now things seem to be clearing up nicely. The therapist I have been using routinely works on bodybuilders and knew exactly what was going on. She's seen it many times before. I think it's just about maintenance at this point, keeping everything loose like it should be. I have begun working on my forearms a lot myself, especially during and after training and they are starting to feel great.

As a matter of fact we will! I usually compete in June every year, I really like the Atlantic States Championships, but I decided to wait until October so that we could compete together. It's also nice to be able to prep at the same time. Makes it a lot easier when we can deal with the stress together.

In other words....flex will be on the couch and she will have the bed..lol

On a serious note, congratulations to you both. You make a beautiful and happy couple. I wish you both the best

On a serious note, congratulations to you both. You make a beautiful and happy couple. I wish you both the best

LOL! The only time we sleep apart is when the sleeplessness that accompanies contest prep makes my nightly snoring unbearable for her! And thanks for the congrats and compliment, it means a lot Bro.

coming down from 250 will put you as big lghthvy :eek::headbang:

Thank you! We are very lucky to have each other :)

I've heard good things about acupuncture, but for now things seem to be clearing up nicely. The therapist I have been using routinely works on bodybuilders and knew exactly what was going on. She's seen it many times before. I think it's just about maintenance at this point, keeping everything loose like it should be. I have begun working on my forearms a lot myself, especially during and after training and they are starting to feel great.

That's great! The two of you will be able to lean on each other, diet together and win your classes together!! We are looking forward to both of your results :)

HA! I don't know if it's harder getting ready for a show together or dealing w/ one person competing!! I agree though...they seem to really have it together and should be just fine!!! :yeahthat:

Thanks for the LOG

For the log man, watching it closely and learning. I know it takes time so we appreciate it.

Pics Update - 32 Weeks Out

As promised, here are a few progress pics taken this morning. 223.5 LBS. Tightening things up slowly still, I am finding that I have brought my legs up quite a bit this year, I'm happy about that. I'm still not lean by any means here we go:

Attachments

• 100_0794_480x640.jpg
    100_0794_480x640.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 535
Next

Attachments

• 100_0795_480x640.jpg
    100_0795_480x640.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 619
Another

Attachments

• 100_0796_480x640.jpg