over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Halfstack's Road to Success!

halfstack

Registered
I have kept a training log for at least 6 months, but I wanted to include one here. I am 9 weeks out from my next show, and I am stoked! It has been about 2 years since my last show, and I seriously cannot explain just how pumped I am to get into that shape again. It's an addiction, that's for sure!

I have never felt so beautiful yet strong at the same time. There is the feeling of being a Greek goddess, nothing compares. It's always a bit nerve racking though for sure when prepping, that hoping that everything will go according to plan. Praying that my body responds just how it needs to.

I compete in Figure, and recently I have noticed just how important it is to surround yourself with good people to cheer you on. That feeling of community is absolutely essential, and I suppose that's the main thing I hope to gain from starting this journal on here.

I have taken photos this entire time of prepping (since 16weeks out, I think), but due to a very inappropriate and distasteful review I received two years ago from a gentleman, I am a bit guarded when putting up photos. When I feel I am ready, I will absolutely start posting pics. But for now, you'll just have to check out my avatar from USA's and trust my comments.

I have been a member for a few years, just not that active. I look forward to being an active part of this community!

Welcome back to ProM.

You will definately find a feeling of community here the more you post...and there are a lot of great people here to bounce ideas off of.

Good luck with your prep!

Welcome back Halfstack! I think you got nominated for Featured Member a few months back....did you know that?!?

Congrats on competing again! It sounds like you are super excited and that's the way it should be!! Question: why the 2 yr break? Just curious!!

I will definitely follow along! :food-sm:l

I've been following your log over there and look forward to seeing you post here.

Wow! I am truly humbled by you guys. Thank you so much for your warm welcome!!!

Thank you rmtt! And Miss Q, I did not know that!!!! Oh my goodness! Wow! Too cool! Thank you for letting me know!

I took 2 years off, honestly a little embarrassed by this, besides finishing school and focussing on family, those comments about how I looked at USA's really got to me. They were very rude comments and I never asked for any of it. I actually wasn't even really on the site that much. I really had to reevaluate who my friends were in my local community, and I was quite intimidated to enter a show here as well. Some of that may have been escalated a bit more in my mind but oh well. It's very unfortunate that I let someone's comment do that to me, but I own it. And now it's time to move on, and get busy!

Jello, I know you've been checking my journal out, and it definitely holds me so much more accountable. So thank you as well!

Welcome back Halfstack. We look forward to your log and your progress. Welcome again back to PM. :D

Thank you everyone! I am training just about every day, lifting and doing cardio after each session. Today was solely cardio though.

I changed my reps for lifting last week, higher reps. And this week I changed my footing for squats. I have barely been able to walk since Monday. Thankfully I just had cardio today. I must have looked ridiculous when I first started today; I was doing more of a trot than a walk because I was having the toughest time making my strides longer. My butt is so sore. It's absolutely incredible to feel how connected every part of your body is. If your gluteus are sore, they'll probably pull on your hamstrings, making them sore.

Once cardio was done, I spent about 25 min foam rolling everything. Parts were excruciating, but at least I could get out of the car this morning. Yesterday I had to pick my legs up with my hands when I opened the car door.

This is all good though. The price to pay to get stronger, leaner legs. I can put up with it and enjoy it!

I have noticed the importance of stretching as well. Not only am I able to walk but that extra flexibility does wonders when lifting. And beyond that, it offers so much prevention against injury. At least that's what I envision when stretching. I also envision being super old and still lifting and having a tight, firm body.

welcome! always love when girls do logs and post period.. especially when they are experienced and have great things to share! glad you're back on track and over those comments! i'm definitely in for the ride, following along :)

welcome! always love when girls do logs and post period.. especially when they are experienced and have great things to share! glad you're back on track and over those comments! i'm definitely in for the ride, following along :)

Thank you MarineWifey. I excited to be here! And you're looking great! I've been following your progress photos.

Today was shoulder and back day. I usually try to go to bed at a decent time usually before 11, but last night we went to see Hunger Games with my family. It was excellent, really releases your inner warrior and makes you question what you would do to survive. Anyways, I didn't end up going to bed till way later than my bedtime, so I was pretty exhausted waking up this morning.

I perservered though! Shoulders are one aspect I am really working on, and I feel like I'm getting better and better. I did slower but more repetitions today. So that change I'm hoping it will really make them grow. Had to foam roll the body today, just trying to get rid of that soreness and allow my muscles to grow.

I was at Sports Authority yesterday, and I just happened to browse through some of the women's clothing. I get so inspired by workout clothes. They're just so cute right now! I may have to post at least one outfit per week I love.

Oh and exciting news!!! I decided on my show. It'll be in Nebraska in June. So I'm actually 10 weeks out this Saturday. Made me rather nervous and excited last night when I decided on it, but when that entry fee gets paid and tan and makeup and hair are sorted out, then I'm sure I'll be even more excited!!!

Hey there girl! I'll be following along! Nine weeks, huh? That's crunch time! Keep up the good work.
Hey what are your thoughts on the direction figure is taking, you think it's going to be working in your favor?
If you don't mind me asking what show you doing?

Hey there girl! I'll be following along! Nine weeks, huh? That's crunch time! Keep up the good work.
Hey what are your thoughts on the direction figure is taking, you think it's going to be working in your favor?
If you don't mind me asking what show you doing?

Hey there! I'm glad to have you following. And you're not kidding, I'm feeling the crunch time now. Not in a bad way, just looking at the calendar and thinking wow time's moving!

In regards to figure right now, I love the look Nicole Wilkins has, so in that respect, I think it's great! I will say I think it's unfortunate yet somewhat inevitable that there is such discrepancy when comparing winning photos in the amateurs. Some women don't look like they should have won, and the girl who got 5th should really be the winner. Then there are shows where the judges, in my opinion, were right on track. It definitely makes it challenging to prep for a show when you know what the PROs are looking for but not so much the amateurs. I mean how will I become a PRO without winning in the amateurs. I honestly think the PRO Figure look is exactly what I envision as a beautiful girl.

I've heard you want to come in super lean in local shows and fuller in National shows. So strange that there is such a discrepancy.

I believe the show is called the Duel of Champions. It's also a PRO physique show.

I totally understand what you mean about the difference in the amateur vs pro shows. It looks like the same things is happening in WPD. It's really aggravating that the judging lacks ANY type of consistency. :banghead::ac:ion-sm

Thank you MarineWifey. I excited to be here! And you're looking great! I've been following your progress photos.

thank you! i will be starting a log here soon, once i get my gh in! looking forward to seeing your progress into your show!

anthrogeekuconn: I believe what you're saying completely. And it is completely frustrating. All the time, energy, money, etc. and then just throw it all up to chance that you are what the judges are looking for.

MarineWifey: I can't wait to start reading your log!

anthrogeekuconn: I believe what you're saying completely. And it is completely frustrating. All the time, energy, money, etc. and then just throw it all up to chance that you are what the judges are looking for.

MarineWifey: I can't wait to start reading your log!

Good Luck, I'm voting now!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity