YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My Time To Define Women's Physique Log under the guidance of Shelby Starnes w/Pics

anthrogeekuconn

IFBB PRO / DOUBLE Featured Member / Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Registered
The much awaited log is here! LOL
Ok, so I am 30 weeks out from my first women's physique show. I'm planning on doing the New England and Easterns this year.
A little background for those who don't know me:
I started training about 5 years ago, I was a heavy smoker, drinker and female construction worker. It had got to the point where I was looking rugged and worn down. The cigarettes, booze and manual labor was taking a toll on me. So , I decided it was time to turn over a new leaf. My first step was to quit smoking, and I knew that meant I also had to quit drinking, so I did both. But, I also wanted to completely change my habits, so I decided to start training to replace my nights of boozing it up with nights at the gym.
When I first started training I was so excited to lift heavy and hard, and I was getting to the point where I was as strong as all the guys at work, which as a female construction worker means a whole hell of a lot!
Anyways, I met up with then amateur bikini competitor Tabitha Klaussen, and we became training partners. She helped introduce me to the world of competing, and we trained together right up until her first pro show (she got WAY too cool for me after that :rolleyes:).
So, I always wanted to do figure, and had been training for it, but because of my lack of muscle I was advised by my coach to settle for bikini. I competed in bikini for the first time two years ago, and did pretty shitty, but it was only my first show, so whatever.
I tried bikini again last year and was way too muscular and lean, so once again I did shitty.
So this year I decided to take a long ass off season to grow and make the jump to WPD.
After June I pretty much stuffed my face and trained my ass off in order to make big gains. Needless to say I got way to "fluffy" for my liking and decided in January it was time to hire my prep coach and start getting to work. My prep does not officially start until 20 weeks out, but I have been dieting strictly since Jan 30th.
On Jan 30th I started out at 176, BF%: too fucking high! lol
Today: 161lbs, BF% much lower, but still fucking high! lol
Diet right now is no carbs, high fats and proteins, consists of beef, chicken, eggs, lettuce, olive oil, nuts and nut butter.
Cardio is fasted (4:30 am fasted! Ughh) everyday for 45 min.
My training split is: Mon: abs/calves Tues: Off Wed: Back Thurs: off Fri: Arms Sat: Legs Sun: Chest/shoulders

I am going to try to post pics every week, and I'm going to try to post vids of my awesome feats of strength ;) (that is, if I can get Flex to record them!!!)

During this prep I am also planning my and FLEX2019's wedding! So, I will also chronicle the challenges that go along with prepping and wedding planning!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a pic from before I started working with my prep coach.

Attachments

• JamieOffseason2012.jpg
    JamieOffseason2012.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 3,043
Here is a pic of me this morning. Please excuse my hair and face, this was taken at like 5am right after my am fasted cardio. Also, please excuse my shitty posing! I need practice!

Attachments

• FDB032912.jpg
    FDB032912.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 5,854
And here is what I looked like on stage last year.

Attachments

• 2011Outside.jpg
    2011Outside.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 5,287
And a front shot of last year

Attachments

• 2011Bikini.jpg
    2011Bikini.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,638
Without schmoeing too hard.. You have a great physique, good shape. Looks like you've added significant size to your quads, arms, delts. Legs will look really good come contest time. Working with Shelby, you will be in top condition for sure. Look forward to your progress, your hard work shows.

p.s. Great glutes.

Without schmoeing too hard.. You have a great physique, good shape. Looks like you've added significant size to your quads, arms, delts. Legs will look really good come contest time. Working with Shelby, you will be in top condition for sure. Look forward to your progress, your hard work shows.

p.s. Great glutes.

Thanks so much, I've got a big time case of bigorexia, I'm so afraid I'm not going to be big enough!
But, I have to keep telling myself, this sport is not a sprint it's a mofo marathon!

Thanks so much, I've got a big time case of bigorexia, I'm so afraid I'm not going to be big enough!
But, I have to keep telling myself, this sport is not a sprint it's a mofo marathon!

I know the feeling and you are correct. Adding muscle to the right places and being IN SHAPE will create the right illusion.

what is the difference between women's physique and figure? is their a criteria that the judges are allegedly looking for?

what is the difference between women's physique and figure? is their a criteria that the judges are allegedly looking for?

Supposedly, WPD is supposed to be 20% (I think that's the figure they used) more muscular than figure and leaner. But the recent pro shows have had IMO disappointing results.

Looking great! I dont know what else to say but you have made great progress.

Looking great! I dont know what else to say but you have made great progress.

Thank you, I can't wait to see how much I've actually put on once all this extra "fluff" is gone!

this just made my day! lol. i'm so excited to follow along and read your daily posts.. weekly pics and progress. definitely made some great progress, even since January! seeing that you girls do cardio.. Miss Q 2 hours a day, and you 45min am fasted..i feel lazy lol cause i do absolutely no cardio, strictly weights i need to add cardio back in.. anyways enough about me! fuckin rock this thing girl :headbang:

you're definitely dedicated, especially when i read on the diet.. doesn't sound like you get much variety and i know that has to get tough after so long! it definitely does for me. still no carbs.. :eek: when will you get to add them back in?

once again, super freakin excited about this log! :D:D:D

Thanks Wifey!
The no carb thing I've actually gotten used to. My diet has recently been better cause I've been getting cheat meals every week! YUM! This week calls for cookie dough (Maybe heated in the micro, as suggested by Miss Q)!

You look very muscular in these before pics. I can't wait to see the transformation with shelby.

Thanks, yeah I can't wait to see how I look on stage! It's gonna be sick!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

That is some nice progress and weight loss. From reading some of your posts, I don't doubt that you will accomplish everything you want.

Has you strength suffered any as a result of that nice amount of weight you have lost already?

I tell you..ProM has the best ladies on the net showing how things are done! I just need to get my wife posting on here for inspiration. She is not much into fitness, but has a metabolism that allows her to eat whatever she wants, and she still stays tiny.

That is some nice progress and weight loss. From reading some of your posts, I don't doubt that you will accomplish everything you want.

Has you strength suffered any as a result of that nice amount of weight you have lost already?

I tell you..ProM has the best ladies on the net showing how things are done! I just need to get my wife posting on here for inspiration. She is not much into fitness, but has a metabolism that allows her to eat whatever she wants, and she still stays tiny.

My strength has gone down maybe by one rep or so, I was actually surprised that I've hit some PR's while on the no carbs!

You definitely need to get your wife on here! We need more ProMuscle females!
I'm soooo jealous of her metabolism! Lucky girl!

:yeahthat: i wish i had that kind of metabolism.. so not fair :(

She has good genes. She looks young for her age too. She's a high school teacher and would frequently get mistaken for a student when she started there.

She is starting up a new class we have in our area called 9 rounds that some of her friends are taking.

But I think you guys are better off. While I don't think either of you were in bad shape to start with, you show that you have the discipline to do what you need to do to make the changes that you want. And as evident by the posts I see that you make, I see that you stay dedicated.

That is something not easy to come by. Intentions are one thing, following through is another. So props to both of you ladies and Mrs. Q as well.

You set a nice example that will help a lot of people.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131