over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

2012- Offseason Training Journal

Bem90

Registered
I'm going to keep this simple and see if it gets on a good roll, if it does I'll keep posting.

Current Stats
5 11
248 lbs morning weight
21 years old

Last show was NPC Central States, took 4th in the light heavyweight class weighing around 195 lbs, working to come back next year as a legit heavyweight.

I'll post some pictures from my last offseason, my show, and then currently, well as currently as possible, the pics are about 6 or 7 weeks old, that is the last time I took "posing" pics.

After that I'll get into my diet, training, and supplementation.

Ok so first pic is from last offseason at 245 or so.

Second and third are from my show

And third and fourth are from about 6 or 7 weeks ago... I am a tad leaner now at about the same weight.

Training:
Monday: Off
Tuesday: Arms, Delts
Wednesday: Quads, Hams, Calves, Back
Thursday: Off
Friday: Back, Rear Delts, Biceps
Saturday: Off
Sunday: Chest, Side Delts, and Triceps

Were it says delts after arms or back after legs I typically only do one exercise for 3 or 4 sets.

Diet: Really basic: first 4 meals, 2 contain 50 grams of protein, morning and post workout shake contains 70 grams of protein, carbs are between 50-60 grams per meal, with my post workout shake having 100 grams of carbs and fat around 10 grams per meal. My last 2 meals contain 40-50 grams of protein and about 15-20 grams of fat, with trace carbs.

Cardio is done 3 x a week, intervals on the stepmill on off days from the gym

And I eat a small cheat meal once or twice a week, usually some ice cream.

Attachments

• photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 502
  • emmet4.jpg
    emmet4.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 458
  • emmet 1.jpg
    emmet 1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 523
  • 2012-01-30 10.06.17.jpg
    2012-01-30 10.06.17.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 447
  • 2012-01-30 10.05.59.jpg
    2012-01-30 10.05.59.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 419
Wednesday:
Lying Ham Curls: 4 x10 heavy, last 2 sets 10 partials #140, #160

Squats: 3 sets of #335, x 8, x8, x 10, 1 minute break between sets

Leg Press: 6 pps x 8 sets of 15, switch off between narrow and wide stance, 30 second rest between sets

Smith Machine Lunges: no weight x 20 on each leg, touch leg to floor and drive up keeping constant tension, second set x 15 with a 25# plate on each side of bar

Seated Hamstring Curls: 1 x 20 with 20 partials, second set to failure with partials to failure+ standing leg curls in place with no weight 15 reps each leg
#40 for first set, # 70 for second set

Calves: 8 sets of 8 with 30-second rest between sets #100

Assisted Close Grip Pull-ups: 3 x 10 #30 sets 1 and 2, # 45 set 3

Legs from yesterday, this was pretty brutal, toes went numb half way through the leg press sets.

At 21 you have achieved a lot. You are obviously ahead of your years in terms of mental maturity because the discipline it must have taken to get into that sort of shape at your show must have been great.

Obviously there are weak points, back width being one in the rear lat spread, but legs are great - nice detail and conditioning (again the show pic from the rear). But overall, really good gains buddy. How long have you been lifting for?

BF

I'd say at 21 you look exceptional. I don't know anything about you but my hope is that you're being smart, you have a lot of potential IMO

Thanks guys I appreciate that, I have been lifting sense I was 16 and a half-ish and have been very dedicated sense then, and yes my show diet was extremely difficult, but I have to much love and passion for the sport to not give it my all when it comes to dedication of dieting and training. ROCKEDUP thank you for your concerns bro, I am very conscious about my health and longevity in the sport, I do not take very much in relative terms and I always have my blood work done after every cycle. Thanks again guys for the kind words, Its always nice to hear those comments.

Last edited:
Subscribed to this.. Looking good, once you get that upper to match the lower you'll be good to go.

Here is the workout today, just finished.

Abs 6 sets of 20 (boring)

Chest Supported Row: 3 heavy sets of 8, 1 set of 10, 10, 10 dropping weight each time
#95 for first 3 sets, #90, #70, #55, for drop set

Doggcrapp/Justin Harris Rope Cable Pulls: 2 x 12, 1 x 8
#100 for first 2 sets, #120 on final set

Dead lifts: Had to teach the guy I was training how to dead lift with correct form today so this part of the workout got kind of messed up. Did 1 set of 15 with 315

Rack Chins: 3 sets to failure
35 lb-cambered bar on lap with #25 on each side, 10, 7, 5 for reps, then burn out with bodyweight

Seated Bent Over Fly+ Delt Pullback: 3 x 10 and 10
Pyramiding up in weight each set #20’s, #25’s, #30’s
We did the bent over fly first for 10 reps and then went right into the pull back motion like a superset, its like doing a row but your just focusing on pulling from your rear delt.

Single Arm Cable Bicep Preacher Curl: 3 x 12, hard contraction at top of movement w/ explosive positive
Pyramided up in weight
#35, #40, #45

This was a great workout except for the blip on the dead lifting but I just can't stand someone not knowing how to squat or dead lift properly.

Damn you are my age bro. And you are packed with some good ol' mass there

I will be keeping up with your log for sure, you blow away your last off-season tbh

P.S In your competition pics you look facially identical to Cody Lewis lol

Ironman 2010- Thanks for the words and thanks for joining bro, appreciate it

Will be posting updated pics soon, took some yesterday but the image size is too small when I uploaded it and can't expand without it being blurry, but it looks as though I've added 2-4 lbs of muscle over the last 2 months from I can see and what people have told me.

Heres a couple pics, they may show up small, let me know if you guys can see them ok or if I should get some ones that will show up larger.

Attachments

• Picture0320122323_1.jpg
    Picture0320122323_1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 337
  • Picture0406121528_1.jpg
    Picture0406121528_1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Picture0406121529_1.jpg
    Picture0406121529_1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 395
Training tonight:
Sunday: Chest, Side Delts, Ticeps, Abs

Seated Machine Cable Crossovers: 3 sets, 11, 12, 12+3 partials
#50 for first set(too heavy), #45 for next two

Incline DB Presses (Incline not very high, less than 45) 3 sets of 8, 1 minute rests)
#90, #100, #85

Techno Gym Flat Chest Press+ Superset with Neutral Grip Press followed by overhead band pull apart: 3 rounds of 12 each (This was brutal)

triset shown below: used #130 and #150
High Intensity Chest - YouTube

Stretch Pushups superset with pec minor dips: 3 sets of 12

One Arm DB Laterals w/ one-second pause at top: 3 sets of 20 This was also brutal
#15 and #20’s

V Grip Pushdowns Superset with Close grip pushups on squat rack bar(elevated about waist height)
3 sets of 20 on pushdowns then to failure on pushups, plus drop set for last set of V Grip Pushdowns, used #100

Had a cheat meal after this workout, and angus burger and a double chesseburger with some fries:D

Feeling good weight is at 253 to 255 leanest I've ever been here, that is morning weight

Arms, Delts
(Crazy 8’s) Modified version
1. Tricep Straight Bar Pushdown x8
2. Pronated Tricep Kickbacks x8
3. Dips x8
4. EZ Bar Curls x8
5. One Arm Concentration Curl x8
6. Hammer Curls x8
3 rounds of this- weight wasn’t very heavy, just focused on getting pump

Tricep Rope Pushdown x3 x 15-20 working up to max weight of #120 supersetted with
One Arm Cable Bicep Curls x3 10-15 working down from #60 for 10 to #45 for 15

Cambered Bar Skull crushers: behind head sitting on preacher curl bench facing backwards, seated upright: #25’s on each side for 12, #45’s on each side for 8, #55 on each side for 8, I believe the bar weighs 35 lbs.

Alternating DB Bicep Curls: #40’s for 10, #50’s for 6, drop set to #20 with both arms for 8

Reverse Fly’s for rear delts on an incline bench, stomach and chest on bench: 3 x 20, #20’s

Seated Machine Side Laterals 2 x 20, first did each side for 20 then both sides for 20, total of 6 working sets, 4 for each side

I find if I get a really strong pump with lighter weights, my joints feel much better doing skull crushers heavy at the end, also I have some tendinitis in my bicep, same goes for this if I get a massive pump with lighter weight first the area feels cushioned and the heavy weights don't bother me. Maybe this is a good thing maybe not we will see... but they do say that towards the end of a workout is when you are at the least risk for an injury so that makes me feel justified in doing this.

As long as things are going well financially, the date is now set April 14th of next year, BSN North Carolina State Championships, so exactly 369 days to go till show time. AND I'm gonna make everyone of them count!!!

Goals for the next 8 months of offseason:
Reach 265 at a lean body fat percentage 10 to 14
Keep on working on improving my upper body overall specifically Arms and Chest
Run a 2 or 3 week detox, this will probably occur anywhere from September to November, during the middle of my move to North Carolina so I am not stressing so much about the food bill but rather cleaning my body out and getting moved.
ENJOY LIFE:headbang:

Last edited:
Great size for your age man! I see you're moving to NC...I'll be moving back there in a few months and I'm thinking about doing my first comp sometime next year....but I'm a little behind you at 24 y/o!

Watching this log bro keep killing it :headbang:

Impressive bro.. how long have you been training? Seriously bodybiildimg? Using gear? Etc. Very great foe that age man

Thanks DaHurt I appreciate it, maybe I will see you down there.

AJordana: training sense 16 and a half, seriously body building, mmm that's hard to say I used to just eat a lot of junk(burgers, fried chicken, deli meat ect) all the way up until about last year when I was 20 and did my first serious show with shelby starnes, we worked in the offseason together and precontest, now I am very motivated to be my best and keep my diet clean day in and day out. The answer to your second question, is 5 cycles sense 18 yo. I don't like to get into the details though, I don't think that's very smart to do on a public forum... just my opinion I may be wrong.

Thanks DaHurt I appreciate it, maybe I will see you down there.

AJordana: training sense 16 and a half, seriously body building, mmm that's hard to say I used to just eat a lot of junk(burgers, fried chicken, deli meat ect) all the way up until about last year when I was 20 and did my first serious show with shelby starnes, we worked in the offseason together and precontest, now I am very motivated to be my best and keep my diet clean day in and day out. The answer to your second question, is 5 cycles sense 18 yo. I don't like to get into the details though, I don't think that's very smart to do on a public forum... just my opinion I may be wrong.

No prob bro I understand. Great work nonetheless.. very big and ahead ofthe game for 20. I have a friend who is 19 and has competed in 2 shows and taken first place im both.. irs very impressive, hoax genetics will take him far. You seem to be about in the same position, you have plenty ahead of ya.. best of luck to you man, keep that motivation and you can do big things

ajordana: thanks I really appreciate it, consistency and dedication is the name of the game, I really hope to go far in the sport as that is my goal and dream.
3clipse: thanks for joining bro, always good to have more following along, it keeps me writing:)

Legs Yesterday:

10 sets of 10 on seated calf raises: worked p too #140, good squeeze 5 second negative

Seated Ham Curls: 3 sets of 20 to warmup and 1 drop set of 6, 6, 10: used #170, #110, #70 on drop set

Lying Hamstring Curls: 4 sets of 12 good squeeze #90-#110, last 2 sets were followed with 20 partials and end of set

Leg Press: 2 sets of 20 with 5 and 6 pps, done with 3-second negative, then 2 more sets with 8 pps and 9 pps for 12 with a 3 second negative superset with Smith Lunges with no weight 10 reps on each leg, knee touching the floor and driving up.

Leg Extensions 2 sets of 20 with 1 second pause at top, 1 set of 100 with breaks when reaching failure: #110 for all sets

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws