over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Kalgirl215 Getting Lean and Kicking A$$

kalgirl215

Newbies
Well, I am delurking and putting it all out there. I recently have lost about 15 pounds, and I want to hammer out the last 10 or so to get to a very fit place. I knew I would need guidance, and I reached out to prepbyalex last weekend. He's got me all set up!

So, I got some "before" pics last night, and a starting weight, and measurements I'll take tonight...Now I just need to execute the plan, day in and day out...

I found this site doing some research on better living through science, and now I am into it...! :love: So I am doing 2iu of GH daily (end of day, beg of day - there seems to be dispute!), and have my research chinchilla doing 10 mg of GW 501516...Was the dose consciously picked? Nope, I misunderstood the dropper...Now I am just going for it...For now...I did figure it out pretty quickly (I have read ALOT on this site!), but then I decided that if a little is good, a LOT is BETTER! :D Bwahahahaha...

So, pictures posted if I've done it right. No heckling about the bastardized poses - I've LOOKED at enough figure pictures to know ABOUT what you want to do, without having practiced to really get it right...But who wants to just stand there looking gooey in a picture??!!

Anyway, I welcome all comments and opinions - I'll try to have thick skin...My diet is couple of protein shakes a day (3 - 2 in the am, 1 before bed), lean protein, salad, greens...not exciting, but I am one of those people who can mostly eat the same thing every day and not hate it. Workouts I love - 6 days a week, 4 days lifting split + cardio, 1 day cardio, 1 kick ass day with my trainer doing crazy stuff like jumping and sprinting and compound full body stuff...I couldn't give that day up! Mostly due to the street cred it gives me in the gym...

I've enjoyed reading all of your posts - and I have learned alot! So thank you!

Karla

**broken link removed**

Well you've made excellent progress with the first 15, so I look forward to seeing you document the last 10 as it comes off.
Good luck.

You seem pretty motivated and a certainly starting out from a good place cause you look good right now.
What are your plans? Are you training for fun and fitness or are you wanting to compete in figure or something?

Thanks for your comments! I am not looking to compete, I think I just want to get to a lower body fat/get more fit, and then be able to maintain there. Also it's just harder to stay lean as I am aging, and so I want to get the "recipe" down to get there and to maintain. It's vanity - pure and simple! :D

A couple of times I have dieted down (maybe 12 lbs from where I am at now), and I'm always disappointed in the abs that are (not) there when I finally get lean enough that I WOULD see them! I am hoping due to much better training the past few years, that SOMETHING closer to a 6 pack will show up! We'll see...

Great start Kal!!!! Your pics look good, if you stick with it should have no problem getting what you are after ;) Let us know if there is anything else we can do girl!! :headbang:

Glad you decided to "delurke" kalgirl215!!:welcome:

Your pics look good....doesn't look like you have far to go at all!! How long have you been training? Alex's client's always seem to get super shredded so I'm sure you will have those abs soon enough!!

@Hardworking - I like the GW, but my lab chinchilla is probably not the best test case...she liked it because it kept her at the same weight over vacation when she drank every fruity, carby alcoholic beverage known to mankind. She's naughty like that...But now that she's back on the hamster wheel, weight is not "falling" off...It's a marathon, not a sprint, so...

@Miss Q - thank you! I have been training for a long time, with varying degrees of effectiveness. It's the diet, of course, that makes the difference in my shape, more so than the training...so I'm trying to pull it together...I liked this site because it had a more active women's forum - and funnily every guy is asking questions about their girlfriend doing x, y, or z...I know I've looked at your log - I'll stop by later!

Thanks Watcher and Stang50!

I've had to scootch my alarm earlier and earlier, trying to get my entire program in in the morning before 7am...It's 8:30pm and I'm beat! God I hope this GH starts kicking in soon (in week two!) - I'm feeling my age!!! :(

Great week of workouts! Sat workout with the trainer was interesting - I've heard that GW can impact your explosive muscle capacity, essentially tilting your benefit to the short twitch muscles? I know I'm misstating this, but I believe I've read this in the boards. My lab rats 1.5 hour workout Sat was really challenging plyo the whole way, and she felt great. Tons of jumps, 1 legged plyo, and even plyo pushups (where you exploded upwards to plant your hands on a higher surface on both sides, maybe a foot higher? a step and 3 levels/supports underneath it on each side). It was a crazy hard workout, yet she's not sore at all today (her rat husband is hurting, and he trains about as much as she do!).

Oddly, she started sneezing yesterday morning (before the workout), here and there, but really hard, and it got worse during the day. She has no allergies I know about. Finally she took a claritin D last night, but today is sneezing again, and miserable - but really just in her nose. I opened a new bottle of GW yesterday (edited to note: it was from the same source, I was thinking it was a new source, possibly slightly different, but now that is less likely)...Is it possible that it could be that? She had no issue at all previously. Unless it is something airborne, which has not previously affected her in 5 years in this location, I can't think of anything else that was new in terms of food or drink for her. It's possible she is getting sick, but it's just surprising and alot of sneezing and nose draining, out of the blue, and she doesn't feel sick...Northern CA has tons of pollen issues and just about EVERYONE has miserable allergies, but to never have had a sniffle until now would surprise me if that were it. Thoughts?

I hate to take her off of it for even 1 day - but would that be enough to tell? I think it's got a relatively short lifespan, if I remember correctly.

Also, will I have ongoing water retention with GH at only 2 iu's a day? Or will I get past it after a certain amount of time? I don't see it too badly, but I am just wondering if a low dose will still come with that side effect indefinitely...

Overall had a great week of workouts, but not as optimal with eating (at about 75% compliance for lack of planning - also wine and food event last night that we paid like $70 a piece to go to - tough spot), but am down a pound since Wed, even after that. I will be more dialed in this week, as I have cooked a bunch of chicken and have green veggies to eat with it, so I am ready to go. Damn this sneezing tho - this is crazy! If it's allergies, the claritin did not last 24 hours like it was supposed to do...

Thanks for stopping in! Karla

Last edited:
Looking good, pretty solid, sounds like you have a good plan too, can't wait to see what a few more weeks will do...

You need to eat carbs on gw. pm discohornet, he seems to be the authority on this

Matt1164, that is a really good point...I don't think the plan, as written (with all respect to trainers that know their stuff, but may not know every supp coming to market), is doable - or at least that you would feel okay on that plan. I think it's close, but some carbs will need to come in. I'll email him and see what he thinks makes sense to add.

Naturally somehow I did NOT feel horrible this past week...odd...hmmm, why could that be (uh, the 25% non compliance)...and here I was beating myself up about it! I've read about the bodybuilders being able to eat all kinds of fruit and juice, but I feel like I have less leeway being smaller.

I am curious if it's thought that the carbs are necessary for good progress, or whether they are simply necessary to feel okay day to day with this supp.

Great point, and I feel SO much less guilt now! :) Karla

do you have BEFORE pics???

:cool:

Hmmmm, am interested...

Queefer - thanks for the comment. You've seen my writing - I could post a book a day...What makes sense to post? Daily workouts? Food? I wasn't sure it wouldn't be like watching grass grow! But I like the thought. I'll go read more logs and see what others are doing...I know alot are based on supp testing and progress, I'm not sure that my supps are that impactful, or fast acting...But I love to talk/write, no doubt about that! :D Karla

I would throw away the scale. The mirror is your guide.

I've never heard of the GW "stuff" but if it works for you and there aren't menacing sides, go for it.

And it is a marathon, not a sprint. Or even a 5k.

Hah, Tenny, I *think* you were being funny, and flattering, so thank you...hmmm, interesting, I DO think I have a before pic, but it's not in a bikini, so it would be harder to tell where and how much fat I was holding...Generally I try to stay OUT of a bikini, and for god's sake away from a camera, when I am as heavy as I was...I just felt gross in my body...Also, I've done like 2 diff transformation type 12 week efforts in the past 8 years, and at some point you are tired of losing the same 15 lbs, and you don't feel like you need to capture that before point...I do have an "after" from my last transformation contest (I won 2nd place - $1000!), which I will have to find...I had a photo shoot just to capture the moment, and it was just days before my 20th high school reunion - I can confidently say that I was Cinderella at that event, "Most Improved", whatever you want to call it...Although I should note that I set the bar low in HS (not on purpose), so, I was well-positioned to surprise people...

Thanks for commenting! Karla

TriathalonCoach - thanks for stopping by! I've seen your posts all over the board.

Yes, I've been told not to go on the scale, but it's such a real thing, and esp when I don't feel like I've been 100% on the nutrition, I just have to know what the damage is...It motivates me, it keeps me hungry to work harder when I know I need to in order to make it move. If I'm doing everything right, then I just have to note it and keep on going...

In terms of the sprint vs marathon - I feel like to GET to my goal is going to take alot of focus, alot of effort...Then I have to figure out HOW much of that focus and effort is required to stay there. But I definitely just need time, and to execute day in and day out...Effort x time...Boring as that is! :D

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mp18201
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws