over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Steel's Humapro log

steel1970

Registered
Just thought I'd start a log here to document my dropping whey from my 3 shake meals and replacing it with Humapro....just coming off my first show 2 weeks ago and here are some stats:

42 years old this coming Tuesday
6'3" tall, 241lbs still pretty lean
20 years on and off lifting experience, the last 4 being very serious
I'm not gonna outline my AAS use right now, but there's gonna be no changes thru this.
Eat 6-7 meals a day depending on hunger, and I'm using MA's insulin protocol, in my 3rd week, so I'm still using 60g hydrowhey each training day....
4 day a week training split.
Have worked with Skip extensively over the past 3 or so years so I know a bit about nutrition. It won't be a problem.

Will be subbing Humapro for 1st, 3rd, and last meal in lieu of whey. Adding 25g of carbs to each meal but my last to make up some of the cals.

I get 65-70g protein in each solid meal, 75g carbs and 30g mostly good fats. Shake meals will be Humapro, 75g carbs, 30g fats. I may move my last meal to 40g fats since its just fats and Humapro....

Guess I'm just gonna be logging any changes that I witness over the next month. If I see positive changes AND can continue to climb in weight, I will run it longer. I own a supp store so I can get it at a good price....

Looking forward to see if I have positive changes over this time period. I'll try to report in every couple days, or if anything drastically changes....

Steel

First thing I noticed is that I haven't crapped the same amount during the day.....Usually crap 5-6 times a day, 2-3 in the early morning. Had the early morning ones, but none after. That's a plus...lol

I'm interested to see the results of this. I've read a lot o different things about Humapro, but am very interested in whether their claims are true or not.

First thing I noticed is that I haven't crapped the same amount during the day.....Usually crap 5-6 times a day, 2-3 in the early morning. Had the early morning ones, but none after. That's a plus...lol

LOL...just like i stated in the Humapro thread..."less trips to the camode"....LOL.....hey man thats less toilet paper too!!!!

Definitely going to be following this log! If I could use something like this it would end up saving some $$ and be easier on the stomach.

Subbed...

Not much to report. Same as yesterday regarding bathroom trips. Definitely have decreased. Just really starting to ramp up my training this week so don't really have much to go on.

One thing that is perplexing me, but it will be fine, is I'm finding it hard to get my good fats in. With whey shakes I would put EVOO in all of them. Now with the Humapro, I can't mix my oats in there, so I'm cooking my carbs, then eating natural pb. I need to get some Mac nut oil so I can put it on my sweet pots.....I get tired of alot of pb. I can't stand EVOO but could drink it no problem in my shakes. Just gotta make some small adjustments. So far, so good....

Always been curious about this stuff Ill keep my eye on your log.

Not much to report. Same as yesterday regarding bathroom trips. Definitely have decreased. Just really starting to ramp up my training this week so don't really have much to go on.

One thing that is perplexing me, but it will be fine, is I'm finding it hard to get my good fats in. With whey shakes I would put EVOO in all of them. Now with the Humapro, I can't mix my oats in there, so I'm cooking my carbs, then eating natural pb. I need to get some Mac nut oil so I can put it on my sweet pots.....I get tired of alot of pb. I can't stand EVOO but could drink it no problem in my shakes. Just gotta make some small adjustments. So far, so good....

The Chaind Reaction with the Humapro (drink) is great (watermelon is delish)......36G carbs (rice syrup) 3g fat (MCT Oil)....for added fat besides the natty pb i've been drizzling coconut oil on my ezekiel toast in the morn.....pretty darn good. Following your log closely as well..:)

The Chaind Reaction with the Humapro (drink) is great (watermelon is delish)......36G carbs (rice syrup) 3g fat (MCT Oil)....for added fat besides the natty pb i've been drizzling coconut oil on my ezekiel toast in the morn.....pretty darn good. Following your log closely as well..:)

I've been eating my carbs solid and then having some nat pb with a bit of fruit each HP meal....this has seemed to go ok. I do like to get a variety of fats, so the mac nut oil will come in handy, as I can put that on sweet potatoes and red potatoes as well.....

Thanks for the input...:)

So I'm on day 4 and my weight is the same, had a small loss yesterday and then got it back today. I usually don't weigh myself offseason more than once a week or so, but I've been weighing everyday this week just for shits and giggles...lol. I'm smart enough to know that day to day I personally can have a few pound fluctuation, so I think I'll go back to every Saturday or Sunday....

Stomach a bit less bloated, still a little gas, not crazy though. I am eating whole food carbs in 5 meals though so I don't think I'm gonna see a crazy difference in bloat, as carbs do tend to blow me up a bit, but it has been a bit better....

That's about it to report. Workouts are still strong, so no strength loss at all and I train again either tonite or tomorrow morning....

Steel,

So, if I'm following:

-You're rebounding from your show, which should bring about weight gain (even in 4 days). (FWIW, from what I'm reading, experimentally, you've got no true baseline for evaluating the effects of the Humapro d/t this rebound.)

-You're pooping much less, which would tend to cause fecal build-up and weight gain.

-You're on a new insulin protocol, which would tend to cause weight gain (and possible water retention, although MA's protocol seems to work well in minimizing that...) The slin use also introduces a confounding factor here experimentally, of course.

-Other supp's are the same.

-----------

You're still not gaining weight?...

How much Humapro are you using / day?...

-S

Steel,

So, if I'm following:

-You're rebounding from your show, which should bring about weight gain (even in 4 days). (FWIW, from what I'm reading, experimentally, you've got no true baseline for evaluating the effects of the Humapro d/t this rebound.)

-You're pooping much less, which would tend to cause fecal build-up and weight gain.

-You're on a new insulin protocol, which would tend to cause weight gain (and possible water retention, although MA's protocol seems to work well in minimizing that...) The slin use also introduces a confounding factor here experimentally, of course.

-Other supp's are the same.

-----------

You're still not gaining weight?...

How much Humapro are you using / day?...

-S

My show was actually on the 11th Scott. I started the HP this past Sunday, after my weight rebounded and then leveled off.....First show for me, so I am unsure how long the actual "rebound" would last.

The insulin protocol I started right after the weekend of my show, which is one of the reasons I suspect the weight went up so quickly, coupled with the rebound of course...

As far as gaining weight NOW from the beginning of the HP, I think I need to adjust my macros for the lost calories from switching out my whey....I was actually gonna do this after a week though. I raised them initially, but not exact amounts of calories lost, and have kept that number consistent thru this week, so as not to go overboard on the calories just yet. I'm kinda feeling it out as far as how much more food to add in....

I am using 2 scoops of HP 3x a day in lieu of my shake meals.

Edit: Looking at it "scientifically", I think maybe I should have waited until all my variables were constant....But I was in a position to get the HP and just figured I would try it....Like I said, I am unsure how long my actual "rebound" would last. I was thinking it was pretty much done after the large weight gain....Probably shoulda waited another month....lol

Last edited:
My show was actually on the 11th Scott. I started the HP this past Sunday, after my weight rebounded and then leveled off.....First show for me, so I am unsure how long the actual "rebound" would last.

Up to a couple months, if you do it right.

The insulin protocol I started right after the weekend of my show, which is one of the reasons I suspect the weight went up so quickly, coupled with the rebound of course...

Sorry - missed how much weight you gained post-show. (Is that here in this thread?...)

As far as gaining weight NOW from the beginning of the HP, I think I need to adjust my macros for the lost calories from switching out my whey....I was actually gonna do this after a week though. I raised them initially, but not exact amounts of calories lost, and have kept that number consistent thru this week, so as not to go overboard on the calories just yet. I'm kinda feeling it out as far as how much more food to add in....

I thought Humapro supposedly didn't require any such compensation?

**broken link removed**

"Understanding the Numbers Game.

Reduce Your Intake. Increase the Benefits.

One gram of protein = 4 calories.
One gram of HumaPro® = 0.004 calories

A Net Nitrogen Utilization study has determined the percentage of Anabolized Amino Acids (UAA), also known as Net Nitrogen Utilization (NNU) and of Catabolized Amino Acids (UCA) in HumaPro® provides a 99:1 NNU:UCA ratio so caloric value, based upon a clinical study, is believed to be 0.004 calories per gram, thus 0.02 calories per 5 gm serving.

The prescribing conversion ratio for HumaPro® to averaged whole food proteins (WFP…like meat, fish, poultry, whey and soy proteins etc.) is:

1g HumaPro® = 5g WFP

A 5g HumaPro® serving therefore has a protein equivalent of 25g averaged, at less than 1 calorie (0.02 to be exact)!"

But then again, every "scientific" write-up or "study" I've seen about Humapro has been flabbergastingly poorly done, IMO, so perhaps I'm not following here. They do have a nice marketing look, though. :)

I am using 2 scoops of HP 3x a day in lieu of my shake meals.

A scoop = ?...

-S

Just my personal opinion but I recommend when your humapro runs out just swop it for fish, chicken and turkey with the occasional steak. If you need more convenience then whey isolate.

Up to a couple months, if you do it right.

Still trying to figure this out....lol

Sorry - missed how much weight you gained post-show. (Is that here in this thread?...)

No, not in here I don't think. I gained 23lbs since the show....

I thought Humapro supposedly didn't require any such compensation?

**broken link removed**

"Understanding the Numbers Game.

Reduce Your Intake. Increase the Benefits.

One gram of protein = 4 calories.
One gram of HumaPro® = 0.004 calories

A Net Nitrogen Utilization study has determined the percentage of Anabolized Amino Acids (UAA), also known as Net Nitrogen Utilization (NNU) and of Catabolized Amino Acids (UCA) in HumaPro® provides a 99:1 NNU:UCA ratio so caloric value, based upon a clinical study, is believed to be 0.004 calories per gram, thus 0.02 calories per 5 gm serving.

The prescribing conversion ratio for HumaPro® to averaged whole food proteins (WFP…like meat, fish, poultry, whey and soy proteins etc.) is:

1g HumaPro® = 5g WFP

A 5g HumaPro® serving therefore has a protein equivalent of 25g averaged, at less than 1 calorie (0.02 to be exact)!"

But then again, every "scientific" write-up or "study" I've seen about Humapro has been flabbergastingly poorly done, IMO, so perhaps I'm not following here. They do have a nice marketing look, though. :)

A scoop = ?...

-S

Lol. Two scoops are supposed to be about 56g of protein, I believe...I don't know about it not needing the extra calories to compensate. Most guys using it seem to be wanting to maintain or get leaner, where I am looking to grow, so, I thought by adding in on my other macros I would do that. I am obviously losing alot of calories by switching from whey, as I was taking in about 195g of TeamSkip a day over 3 shakes....To me it just makes sense to increase my other macros, regardless of what their studies show. I'm trying to grow, so less calories is not gonna have me doing that, but I want to make sure I don't add in too many right off the bat....I believe Fade did this when he ran the EAA's in lieu of any protein meals other than dinner in his IM log....

Just my personal opinion but I recommend when your humapro runs out just swop it for fish, chicken and turkey with the occasional steak. If you need more convenience then whey isolate.

Nope, don't need more convenience than whey, although I surely don't understand how cooking more meats would be more convenient than whey....

I am doing this just to see if I can replace my protein powder with EAA's such as this. Just trying to see if it is hype or not, is all.....

Nope, don't need more convenience than whey, although I surely don't understand how cooking more meats would be more convenient than whey....

I am doing this just to see if I can replace my protein powder with EAA's such as this. Just trying to see if it is hype or not, is all.....

Sorry I meant if you need more covenience then go with whey isolate :D

I am looking forward to your results and hope you get great ones. But to me the science doesn't back up any of the companies claims at all. I think the product is abit of a scam... not fake (good product) but just overpriced eaa's. I hope you find different though.

Lol. Two scoops are supposed to be about 56g of protein, I believe...

Do you mean that there is actually 56g of proteinaceous material in two scoops (these would be 70cc scoops, most likely), or that two scoops is EQUIVALENT to 56 grams of protein.

I'm guessing the latter b/c 2 scoops of humapro would be like taking in enough protein for several days, by their reckoning. :)

I don't know about it not needing the extra calories to compensate. Most guys using it seem to be wanting to maintain or get leaner, where I am looking to grow, so, I thought by adding in on my other macros I would do that. I am obviously losing alot of calories by switching from whey, as I was taking in about 195g of TeamSkip a day over 3 shakes....To me it just makes sense to increase my other macros, regardless of what their studies show. I'm trying to grow, so less calories is not gonna have me doing that, but I want to make sure I don't add in too many right off the bat....I believe Fade did this when he ran the EAA's in lieu of any protein meals other than dinner in his IM log....

Fade's experiment was kind of useless, IMO. (I posted on that over there.)

So, the purpose of your experiment is?... (I think I know, but I don't want to put words in your mouth...)

-S

Do you mean that there is actually 56g of proteinaceous material in two scoops (these would be 70cc scoops, most likely), or that two scoops is EQUIVALENT to 56 grams of protein.

I'm guessing the latter b/c 2 scoops of humapro would be like taking in enough protein for several days, by their reckoning. :)

Fade's experiment was kind of useless, IMO. (I posted on that over there.)

So, the purpose of your experiment is?... (I think I know, but I don't want to put words in your mouth...)

-S

Yes, I think 2 scoops has been stated to be the EQUIVALENT of 56g of protein.....

Well, in all honesty Scott, I have a few guys coming in my store swearing by the stuff. I don't carry it in the store, but have no problem bringing it in for anyone. I was really just kinda wondering if there's any validity to guys saying it can replace the protein. I can actually make a pretty good profit on this in my store, BUT, I don't have stuff in there that I think is crap. This is really the #1 reason for me trying it. I think I stated in the HP thread that I am somewhat skeptical.....I would like to be able to tell people from 1st hand knowledge whether it actually is decent or not.....but maybe my baseline IS skewed a bit like you said. I will admit, I don't know much about how to go about things scientifically.....lol

Edit: hope I didn't disappoint you with my reason for doing this....lol. It's prob not what you were thinking....lol

Last edited:
Sorry I meant if you need more covenience then go with whey isolate :D

I am looking forward to your results and hope you get great ones. But to me the science doesn't back up any of the companies claims at all. I think the product is abit of a scam... not fake (good product) but just overpriced eaa's. I hope you find different though.

I gotcha.....no, I have always liked using protein powder, never alot of issues other than being bloated and sometimes gassy. My big reason or trying it is what I posted to Homon. I like to know what works and what doesn't in my store, SI I can give customers an HONEST opinion of a product....

Thanks, I'm not sure of what to expect, and the variables are prob off a bit like Homon stated to actually run a true experiment, but I will stay the course for the remaining 3 weeks and see what I can figure out.....

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131