over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

The Journey to my WPD Pro Debut 2013 W/ Shelby Starnes & Mountain Dog Training

anthrogeekuconn

IFBB PRO / DOUBLE Featured Member / Kilo Klub
IFBB PROS
Registered
Hello ProMuscle!!! It's been a while, but I'm back and I'm staring my new journey to the PRO STAGE! This really is a dream come true for me. I worked my ass off all 2012 to get here and now that I made it, I'm going to continue to kick ass and prove to everyone what kind of pro I will be!
I am currently 27 weeks out from my first show, the Chicago Pro in July! I am happily still working with Shelby Starnes for nutrition and John Meadows for training, I like to call this Team ShelbyDog! ;)
I took it easy in the gym after Nationals for a couple weeks and took a little too much time off from my diet, but now that 2013 is here, I'm more than ready to kick it into high gear.
I actually started my new training program with John last week, Creeping Death! Ughh, this program is kicking my ass! I love it! This new program is exactly what I needed to get my head back into the game!

Here's a pic Flex snapped for me this weekend in the gym.

Attachments

• 12.31.12.jpg
    12.31.12.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 1,616
youve done it....

dont stop now girl..

we are all pulling for you.
do your thing...

:cool:

youve done it....

dont stop now girl..

we are all pulling for you.
do your thing...

:cool:

Thanks Tenny! I won't let you guys down! :D

Welcome back Ms. Anthro!!:):)

Love that pick of you, and your bi's!!! They truly look incredible! Would you say that that's one of your best body part's??

Have you gotten any sponsorship's since turning pro?

Seriously, do you ever measure your biceps? They gotta be at least 16? Or am I selling you short?

Seriously, do you ever measure your biceps? They gotta be at least 16? Or am I selling you short?

I was going to ask her measurement's , but I didn't want to be so "schmo like"!!::D

It's amazing how much control you have over your body.

You look great.

Welcome back Ms. Anthro!!:):)

Love that pick of you, and your bi's!!! They truly look incredible! Would you say that that's one of your best body part's??

Have you gotten any sponsorship's since turning pro?
Hey Miss Q!!!! I'm so happy to be back! I missed you!!!
Thank you! I guess they would be one of my best, but I think I get more people commenting on my legs. It's funny cause arms is one of my least favorite things to workout! lol

No sponorships yet, but I have yet to write to any companies asking for support. I've been trying to work on marketing myself through social media, cause that's what sponosors like to see, but, damn, it's so time consuming! One of my major goals for 2013, is to up my marketing skills.
I've just started to make a list of companies that actually have products I believe in so I can send them a proposal. I've also put together a small modeling protfolio to send them as well. Wish me luck!
lol, I haven't measured them in sometime... I can't remember what they were, I'll have to have Flex measure them for me lol :p
It's amazing how much control you have over your body.

You look great.

Thanks Coach! I've missed you and all your hilarious comments too!
It's funny you talk about control, I was a bit out of control with my diet after Nationals and during the Holidays. So, I'm actually working on tightening things up a bit right now... :(

Today is an off day from training, but right now Shelby is allowing me to do one spin class a week, so tonight I'm gonna try and fight the Revolutionists and get into the 5:30pm spin class tonight.
I usually try and do all my cardio fasted in the morning, but I was feeling like I needed to catch up on sleep today, so I decided to sleep in and do it tonight.
Tomorrow will be my extra back day. The feedback from the judges at Nationals was that I needed to bring my back up, so John and I decided to add in another back day. It's mostly comprised of rows, pull up/downs and pullovers. No crazy deads or anything, basically just another day to add volume.
Another critique from the judges was to bring my abs up, so I actually started to train abs in the beginning of my workouts. I guess we will have to wait and see if it actually works!

Love the pic girl. You look amazing!!

I love the pic........The CHICK is flexing her great muscle and the DUDE is SITTING in the leg press TEXTING!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

For the last week or so I've been fighting off some serious fatigue. I've been seriously lethargic! I'm usually a morning person, I wake up at the butt crack of dawn, head to the gym do my cardio and get on with my day. But recently I've been having a hard time just getting outa bed! Ughh, I' hoping it's just my body adjusting to the offseason diet and training.
Despite the tiredness issue, I've still been busting my ass in the gym!
I went to Powerhouse in New Haven to meet up and lift with a couple of my good friends for a chest workout on Sunday. We all train Mountain Dog, so it was tons of good fun. I used chains on the flat bench for the first time, it felt freaking awesome!
My friend Ian made a sick video of the day, here's the link if you wanna take a look for yourself! [ame]http://youtu.be/G_OKeEGpTrc[/ame]
And I know, it looks like I'm doing 1/4 reps on the incline. This was my last set in a series where we where going up in weight until we could no longer get 6 reps. I should have taken a smaller jump up in weight on this last set, and you can see me shaking my head no on that last rep. Not an excuse, but I know all you promuslcers will be calling me out! :p

So I've been sick with the flu for quite some time now. It's starting to really get me bummed out! I missed most of my cardio last week, and a couple lifting sessions too. Went back at it hard on Saturday, Sunday and today, but damn it's been really hard to push through.
Hopefully the extra coconut oil, vitamin C and rest will help me get better soon!!!

So I've been sick with the flu for quite some time now. It's starting to really get me bummed out! I missed most of my cardio last week, and a couple lifting sessions too. Went back at it hard on Saturday, Sunday and today, but damn it's been really hard to push through.
Hopefully the extra coconut oil, vitamin C and rest will help me get better soon!!!

Hi anthro,

Glad you are back.

Does coconut oil help with the flu? How do you take it?

Hi anthro,

Glad you are back.

Does coconut oil help with the flu? How do you take it?

Coconut oil is a natural anti virus, I put coconut milk in my coffee and shakes. I cook my chicken and rice in 1/2 tbs coconut oil. I basically sub out the olive oil, pb in my diet in exchange for the coconut oil.

Luckily, I have almost beat this damned flu! Now I've just got some chest and nasal congestion, but nothing some alka setlzer cold can't fix.

Today was arms, and it was by far the best workout I've had since I got sick. It comprised of mostly supersets with short rest breaks. By the end of it my hoody was actually tight on my arms! Super pumped!!!! :headbang:
Here's a quick video: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbiWmFGx5Vw]Bi super set - YouTube[/ame]

Hey Promuscle!!! It's been a while! Life is crazy what can I say?
Right now I'm 20 weeks out from my first pro show and I'm starting to feel it too. I'm more than ready to start this prep though. I was actually starting to feel uncomfortably fluffy. I was actually happy when Shelby cut back my carbs!
Training has been going strong. I'm still doing the two back days a week schedule, and I think it's helping.
Here's a video from our back workout this week.
One Arm Suitcase Rows- sets of 8
Super setted with T bar Rows- sets of 6 X 5 super sets
Low cable rows- 8 reps X 4 sets
Stretch partial pull downs- 8 reps X 3 sets
Reverse hyper- 3 sets to failure
Lying ham curls- 10 res X 6 sets

[ame=http://youtu.be/AT38m_ddzYc]Back Day 20 Weeks out - YouTube[/ame]

Great video guy's!! Your very lucky to have each other to train with....

Great video guy's!! Your very lucky to have each other to train with....

Thanks Miss Q. If you were near me I'd stalk you until you agreed to become my training partner :p;)
We'll only be training together during the week for another week or so though, this girl has to go back to work full time :( boo!

Well, this weekend went by WAYYY too fast!
My leg workout on Saturday was ok, I have a nerve issue in my lower back and it was acting up, it was causing my whole left leg to KILL! No matter, I still finished the workout fairly strong.
Sunday was chest and shoulder day. Nothing too crazy.
After I prepped my food for the week and had just a little time to relax.
Shelby took away a little more carbs this week, but my plan is pretty much staying the same this week.

Is it really the end of Thursday ALREADY?!!! Damn, this week flew by!
Honestly my training kinda sucked this week. My back was bugging me on Saturday and my shoulder was killing me on chest/shoulder day AND my elbow was giving me grief on arm day?! I feel like I'm falling apart here! I think I'm well over due for a massage.
I've also been having a difficult time processing all the negativity that I encounter every time I post a new pic on facebook. I'm usually pretty good about ignoring it all, but this time for some reason it's been getting under my skin. Maybe it's just that I really have not found my own way to process it. I think the amount of time it took me to completely transform myself may have a little to do with it too. I dunno, but I'm not gonna lie it's been eating at me. And I know what you all are going to say "fuck 'em" or "don't listen to those stupid people", and yeah I know . I love what I do, I love what I've made myself into, I'm just not yet in love with the way the rest of the world sees me. I see myself as an athlete, but the world only sees me as steroids, or a woman who has become a man. I'm not a man! And hard work, commitment to my goals, blood, sweat and tears got me here. Ok, done with rant!
Here's a little video clip from back day. These are deads we did with chains. This set was 185lbs with 6 chains, went up to 225lb with 6 chains for 10 after this. Enjoy!
And please excuse my bloat, this was the day after our cheat meal.
185lb deads with 6 chains - YouTube

Here's my new pic from my shoot with Chris Z

Attachments

• 164460_547192255311204_441610352_n.jpg
    164460_547192255311204_441610352_n.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 937

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Sickxlost