advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Strongman (Strongwoman actually) training progress.

Alwaysjoy

Featured Member
So I started this under powerlifting topics and didn't really realize I should've done here. I'll be tracking my progress and posting some videos and numbers of my strongman endeavors. shooting for competition in August 1 ever. I'm going to go copy and paste some from that thread.

Goals are to actually continue to lean out a bit while putting on strength. most people agree that that's impossible I don't believe that. I don't believe in gaining 30 pounds just to get stronger.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361839552.125974.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361839562.589889.jpg

These pictures were taken about two months ago. right before I was going to start a figure competition prep. I've taken quite a bit of downtime and gotten sloppy on the diet since then so my goal is to get back to this point and then slowly lean out. It will be interesting to see how I have to adjust my diet to accommodate the new training but not gain. I have to be really specific with stuff!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361839645.422860.jpg

This is what I'd like to get back to. this was my leanest prepping for a figure competition a couple years ago. I'd love to look like this again although I know I have a lot more muscle so I'll be more developed This time around. I'm really excited to see what I look like leaner and excited about the strength gains.

Best of luck to you. I hope you achieve your goals. Keep us posted.

so my man is someone you all prob know, fubaseball and Im sure you all know hes kind of a badass and won tns strongest man comp this year. well the other night he had his strongman log in the gym and i was curious to try it. Loved it, did some more training over the weekend with other events and loved it some more. Thinking about doing a comp in August. Any advice, tips, personal experiences etc would be great. I want to put on stregth but am not ok with weight going up and dont think it should given my size and stats anyway. Am excited for the change in focus but also to see what my body will do. Normally I train for aesthetics. I am a trainer so I

am strong and have a solid lifting background, but nothing like strongman strong! Im starting from scratch with moves like squat and deadlift due to back issue last several years. Ill throw on some starting pics.

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php

Hit a squat pr of 185 last night. Struggled but hit it. Felt rough But I used oly shoes for the first time and could tell a huge difference so I'm excited to see numbers get a little better. :) my coach is good!

[ame]http://youtu.be/zMU3XJa8CZk[/ame]

3rd time on log press. First attempt at reps on 60 seconds.

Third time working with the log. started out feeling like I had been zapped of strength but managed to still push out some reps at the end of our work out for my first try at press for reps.

Also did a 175 deadlift for four reps like it wasn't shit. Could've done it for many more and I know I could've handled a lot more weight but we were trying not to get over anxious. super surprised at that because that's always been my weakest move and the one on the most afraid of given my back issue so now I'm super excited to watch that number go up!!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/RdNcXjloRvE[/ame]

Some 30 degree strongman training. Hands were froze, grip was shot and was tanked out! Did 5 series or these switching off and went up to 90lbs (each) on farmers for last set. 140 is my next goal shooting for. Tried working axle in but literally all I can manage with that is about a 30 sec static hold right now. all this stuff is really taxing on my grip because it's so new and different! My forearms about to explode!!!

[ame]http://youtu.be/BxHseGPZiOA[/ame]

Added two reps

Body is trassshhhhed today from Saturdays workout still. Supposed to do squats and deads to morrow but coming down with something :(

Fubaseball will steer you in the right direction. He's a solid guy for sure!

p.s. 500 tire flips and the scarf never moved! Now that badass! :D

Last edited:
Fubaseball will steer you in the right direction. He's a solid guy for sure!

p.s. 500 tire flips and the scarf never moved! Now that badass! :D

Lmao. Actually funny u mentioned that because at one point the fringe end flew IN my mouth and I practically chocked on them during a massive inhale! Kept right on trucking though!! It was wayyy too cold for my tastes lol.

Of your third time on the log press was great! I like strength events. You have great shape and look feminine. Keep that! ;)

:yeahthat: X one hundred million billion LOL

its a fine line to walk but when you have that balance DONT ever compromise... (unless thats what you want then more power to you lol)

You've admitted to be such a girl at times so highly doubt you wont tread cautiously on your endevor but a little reinforcement never hurts LOL

Especially given that fact that for women in general any serious changes are for the most part permanent and whatever hoops jumped through to attempt to reverse is like so many things else and never end back 100% as they were:(

Hope you feel better soon baby! We got big stuff to do!

Pretty badass videos.. Good luck with your training and goals!! Looks like you will achieve them

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
methyl m1ke
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws