advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

O/T What do you give your dogs for joint health?

PitbullTank

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
My boy is getting old and his hips seem like they are tightening up on him... what do you guys give your dogs for their joint health?

Im a cat lover but my wife has two dogs one of which is an old female mastif shepheard her hips are bad to the wife gives her doggy aspirin it definatly helps her!

i give my dogs the same thing we take. glucosamine, fish oil. a friend also uses MSM on his very large danes and he swears it helps. i start them when they are fairly young and keep any excess weight off them and they do well with that.

Pm Emeric. He has some gd product for animals.

On a more serious note:

Not sure the quality of dog food you're using but you could try upgrading the dog food you're feeding him. I had a larger dog (116lbs) for 12yrs and around 8-9yrs you could see him start to slow down. I started him out on Iam's and up till about 10yrs old he was basically on Iam's. I had a client recommend Hill's, she hooked me up with a large bag of the Prescription Diet. What a noticeable difference, within 2 weeks everyone notice that my dog's coat looked a lot better and he looked healthier, plus he moved around a lot easier. I know it's more expensive but if I'd known it was going to make my dog's life a lot better towards the end I would have had him on a top quality dog food from the beginning. The money you're going to put into supplements for your dog you instead could put into a high end dog food. In my experience worth considering.

Products that worked for my dog:

Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Healthy Mobility™ Large Breed
or
Hill's® Prescription Diet® j/d® Canine Mobility

Last edited:
thanks guys... ill use this info and come up w a plan...

On a more serious note:

Not sure the quality of dog food you're using but you could try upgrading the dog food you're feeding him. I had a larger dog (116lbs) for 12yrs and around 8-9yrs you could see him start to slow down. I started him out on Iam's and up till about 10yrs old he was basically on Iam's. I had a client recommend Hill's, she hooked me up with a large bag of the Prescription Diet. What a noticeable difference, within 2 weeks everyone notice that my dog's coat looked a lot better and he looked healthier, plus he moved around a lot easier. I know it's more expensive but if I'd known it was going to make my dog's life a lot better towards the end I would have had him on a top quality dog food from the beginning. The money you're going to put into supplements for your dog you instead could put into a high end dog food. In my experience worth considering.

Products that worked for my dog:

Hill's® Science Diet® Adult Healthy Mobility™ Large Breed
or
Hill's® Prescription Diet® j/d® Canine Mobility

Garbage dog food, a quality pet store won't even sell it. 2nd ingredient is Barley lol.

Here is an example of good dog food: **broken link removed**

There are very few decent off the shelf food worth feeding a dog. Raw meat and bone diets are far better. Dogs shouldn't eat carbs especially grain. All my pitbulls I raisef never had any joint issues. Half the mastiffs I rescued came stiff and soar. Hit me up if you want me to write up a diet.

There are very few decent off the shelf food worth feeding a dog. Raw meat and bone diets are far better. Dogs shouldn't eat carbs especially grain. All my pitbulls I raisef never had any joint issues. Half the mastiffs I rescued came stiff and soar. Hit me up if you want me to write up a diet.

Thanks man... Its like he is good one day then struggling to get up the next and limping...hes 12 years old now...he got into a fight with a younger bigger dog that was off his leash a few months ago.... he got bit on the leg he is limping on now and has inflammation in that sides hip... he seemed like he got better but then the last 2 weeks or so he really limping bad... im gonna bring him to the vet for xray I think... I would love to get a good diet for him setup man, I would really appreciate that...

Heres my dog Tank...

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 143
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 133
  • tank boogie.jpg
    tank boogie.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 162
I feed him the Natura EVO brand currently

I give my Aging dog a series of Adequan shots. He has horrible hip but after he completed 8 weeks of Bi weekly Adequan shots he darts around the house like a youngster and the effects last about a year.

Thanks man... Its like he is good one day then struggling to get up the next and limping...hes 12 years old now...he got into a fight with a younger bigger dog that was off his leash a few months ago.... he got bit on the leg he is limping on now and has inflammation in that sides hip... he seemed like he got better but then the last 2 weeks or so he really limping bad... im gonna bring him to the vet for xray I think... I would love to get a good diet for him setup man, I would really appreciate that...

Heres my dog Tank...

Nice looking boy! Take him to the vet first. My diet takes a few days to get used to (think detoxing for dogs) so I'd rather not start up if he is put on any meds. Bites can be nasty and infection is easy to get...he may need an antibiotic.

My old boy has degenerative myelopathy and his vet prescribed glucosamine to help him.
After some research found out that some well known brands like Orijen or Acana include glucosamine.
Now all my dogs are on glucosamine supplementation 500mg/day.

A good grain free food, Origen, acana, taste of the wild. And an aspirin if needed. You should c some improvement with a good food or raw diet

My boy is getting old and his hips seem like they are tightening up on him... what do you guys give your dogs for their joint health?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ufa9dKonvM]Doggeviti As Seen On TV Commercial Doggeviti As Seen On TV Daily Pet Supplement As Seen On TV Blog - YouTube[/ame]

is this one of your products brotha?

I have started feeding my boy a diet cerebrus helped me out with... I also added glucosamine and fish oils... He is moving around much better than he was... :)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131