over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

my cane corso's

Beautiful beasts! My next dog. How has your experience been with them? Anything you are willing to share is much appreciated.

Great family dogs, I grew up raising pits and amstaffs, my experience with corso each one has its own personality. there for their own training is required. example the brown one has a very high drive loves to learn new things a people pleaser. the black on is anti social a one person animal. he doesn't listen to anyone in the house but me. I had to basically break him before I trained him. Even though he is 3yrs and been through social training he is the protector ie he wont let people walk up us on walks the other one could care less. all in all great animals. I wont own a different breed

Last edited:
Good looking pups!

Great family dogs, I grew up raising pits and amstaffs, my experience with corso each one has its own personality. there for their own training is required. example the brown one has a very high drive loves to learn new things a people pleaser. the black on is anti social a one person animal. he doesn't listen to anyone in the house but me. I had to basically break him before I trained him. Even though he is 3yrs and been through social training he is the protector ie he wont let people walk up us on walks the other one could care less. all in all great animals. I wont own a different breed

My GSD's are the same way. One is a total sweethaeart, she's a gentle giant and will listen to everyone. The other one is loyal to me and only me, and is an excellent guard dog.

Spoke to my vet about corsos. He wasn't a fan. He's partial to Rottweilers. Has one himself and says they are very predictable dogs. They do kind of look similar

Spoke to my vet about corsos. He wasn't a fan. He's partial to Rottweilers. Has one himself and says they are very predictable dogs. They do kind of look similar

He probably got bit by one at some point in his career, lol. I'd be wary of a vet who "wasn't a fan" of a certain breed, it just bothers me for some reason. I had one who insisted on muzzling my GSD's because he was bit by one once, I walked out and found a new vet.

I don't have any experience with presa's they are in the same group as mastiff. I will preach this to the day I die its really about understanding the animal. I do have experience with pitbulls, mastiffs, GSD's, rotts, great dane etc. ive been bit by almost every type of dog you can think of. Each time I was bit it was because I pushed the dog to that extreme. Most animals will choose the flight in the flight or fight response. Dogs are pack animals and the hierarchy must be set. This is why so many little dogs are really aggressive because they are babied and think they are the alpha. Im currently working with a friends begal who thinks he is top dog. Here are some more pics so it get an idea of the size of my boys. Also both my boys are still in tact which to most people is a big no no. do the scuffle sure but I break it up and hold both to the ground.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    FullSizeRender (1).jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_0092.JPG
    IMG_0092.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 429
  • IMG_0199.JPG
    IMG_0199.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 408
Great looking dogs! Here's a pic of mine when I got him. He turns 9 years old in two days.

carnivore.. great looking pup, I want a blue but my boys choose me. they literally punked the other pups that tried to get close. It was really funny to watch. whats the pups name. The Brown one is Legion the black is Nero( but we call him stitch since hes had two cherry eyes surgery's)

Attachments

• IMG_0241 (1).JPG
    IMG_0241 (1).JPG
    30 KB · Views: 312
beautiful dogs bro ,I was looking at the presa canario breed myself, they kind of remind me of cane corso ,any experience with presas

Aren't these considered to be one of the most dangerous breeds out there?

As I said before its all about training. Both my dogs are guard dog Certified and will attack if given the command. The only difference is the drive of the dog. In my case the brown dog will attack given the command release will do so. The black one has to be forcefully removed from what he has latched on to. I always look at it like this some animals are breed for hundreds if not thousands of years to do one thing. In the cane corso example they were used to hunt, they were used as catch dogs. they catch larger animals hold them until the master can come and kill the prey. The Corso is a war dog used by the roman legion for war. My dogs are working animals we hunt, pull sleds etc. presa canario breed is no different it requires training. The breed itself is over 400 years old that's a lot of genetic imprinting. I could take a Labrador and make it into a guard/ attack dog with the right training

yes, that's why early socilazation and training are a must ,presa are great guard dogs ,very loyal to owner ,but leary of strangers, but early training ,puppy preschool is a must, that way they learn whats normal and whats a threat ,but presas are awesome breed

I am a first time dog owner. Started small with a frenchie pup. Was talked down from getting a corso as a first time dog owner.

carnivore.. great looking pup, I want a blue but my boys choose me. they literally punked the other pups that tried to get close. It was really funny to watch. whats the pups name. The Brown one is Legion the black is Nero( but we call him stitch since hes had two cherry eyes surgery's)

Thanks man. That's Rocco. Mom was blue and dad was a black brindle. All the males in the litter were blue, and all the females were black brindle. I wanted a male, and he had personality.

I am a first time dog owner. Started small with a frenchie pup. Was talked down from getting a corso as a first time dog owner.

AS a first time dog owner a Cane Corso would not have been a good dog for you. My Dogs test me on a daily basis, example last night I told legion to get off the couch and he growled at me. I snatched him up pushed him to ground. He resisted a bit and then gave up him belly a true sign of submission.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I speak of what I heard and read. You guys actually experience it daily.

Rocco then and now

Here is our corso Rocco then and now at 11 years old

Attachments

• 1292006991407.jpg
    1292006991407.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 432
  • Rocco.jpg
    Rocco.jpg
    293.7 KB · Views: 493
  • Rocco toy.jpg
    Rocco toy.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 479