Rome

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
Here are some pics from my recent visit to Rome. I had an amazing time and it's a great city.

Hotel Pool
iw64wm.jpg

Outside my room
fk4ayf.jpg

Pantheon
2qnws4p.jpg

Trevi Fountain
ips80k.jpg

v7e7fr.jpg

2whmbs2.jpg

Giocattoli Pinocchio Toys
296kuie.jpg

Inside the Pantheon
i2ilao.jpg

Santi Vincenzo e Anastasio a Trevi (there are literally about 20 churches like this or even more impressive)
15xto34.jpg

xbwopd.jpg

vsc6rs.jpg

2v0iur5.jpg

Vittorio Emanuele II Monument
30a9pjo.jpg

The Lindt Chocolate Shop (nice coffee too) :)
bex9om.jpg

24oacsh.jpg

Colosseum
2yn1myb.jpg

Inside the Colosseum
k0iwpw.jpg

Last edited:
Looks gorgeous - I was there for a week in March, but the weather I received was not as nice as what you got. Please tell me you took no prisoners when it came to gelato-consumption.

Looks gorgeous - I was there for a week in March, but the weather I received was not as nice as what you got. Please tell me you took no prisoners when it came to gelato-consumption.

Walking around I had about 2 scoops x 4 each day :eek::D

I found a couple of places that had some amazing flavours. My fav's were cookies and cream, nutella, snickers, bounty, dark chocolate, passion fruit, blueberry and cherry :D

I love my history and we leant alot about the city but one of my highlights was the Lindt shop :D Did you go inside? They done really nice coffee too. Plus my coffee came with a spoon made out of chocolate. I pretty much ate 1 of each of the chocolates you see in the pic.

Ahhhh unfortunately I missed the Lindt shop, I didn't even know it was there :( Sounds like your ice cream/gelato love is about as high as mine. One of the nights I was there I actually picked out 5 different gelato shops at the far ends of the city and spent the entire night walking to each one and getting 2 scoops at each :D Sounds lame I know, but choosing them very far apart meant that I essentially got a really nice walking tour/exploration of the town, including areas I wouldn't have wandered to otherwise.

Rome heightened my taste for wine as well...I'm not a big wine drinker, but when you can get a carafe of the house red for 5 euro pretty much everywhere (and it's delicious), you adjust your tastes quickly. Did you two get to spend much time in the Trastevere neighborhood? They had a lot of delicious restaurants, and their nightlife is certainly a highlight for the area.

Ahhhh unfortunately I missed the Lindt shop, I didn't even know it was there :( Sounds like your ice cream/gelato love is about as high as mine. One of the nights I was there I actually picked out 5 different gelato shops at the far ends of the city and spent the entire night walking to each one and getting 2 scoops at each :D Sounds lame I know, but choosing them very far apart meant that I essentially got a really nice walking tour/exploration of the town, including areas I wouldn't have wandered to otherwise.

Rome heightened my taste for wine as well...I'm not a big wine drinker, but when you can get a carafe of the house red for 5 euro pretty much everywhere (and it's delicious), you adjust your tastes quickly. Did you two get to spend much time in the Trastevere neighborhood? They had a lot of delicious restaurants, and their nightlife is certainly a highlight for the area.

We were a bit boring in Rome and didn't go out in the night. The hotel done a bus to the city centre and the last one was at 9pm so that was when we usually went back. Weirdly I thought it would be about 50 euro for a taxi to the hotel and on the last night when we missed the last bus I was shocked it was only 15 euro. So we could and should have properly stayed out.

I don't think we ventured to the Trastevere neightbourhood. We did have drinks at the hotel bar but never went to any bars etc. To bo honest I went way overboard with the hotel so wanted to make the most of that too. It was so expensive for drinks and snacks though :eek: Rome itself was fairly cheap... well very cheap compared to where I live now. We took advantage of the good shopping there too.

Doesn't sound lame at all and I like to do similar. We walked all over and I purposely went down little side streets and found some great cafe's and restaurants.

Definitely on my bucket list of places to visit, thanks for sharing!

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws