31.9 KB · Views: 2,757
  • richie's leg2.jpg
    richie's leg2.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 2,509
  • richie's leg3.jpg
    richie's leg3.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 2,642
This is why I no longer drink!!! LMFAO

Seriously tho, I was a professional baseball player 3 weeks out of spring training, was playing with the St Louis Cardinals. I was at a friend b-day party and had waaaay to much to drink. At around 3:30 am, I walked into his neighbors house as I thought it was his. He thought I was robbing his house and he shot me, point blank with a 12 gauge. Thankfully it was birdshot, but regardless, my leg should be gone and I should be dead. It is only by the grace of God I am still here. My avatar is my x-ray that shows all the pellets still in my leg.

I don't know what to say...

You are a very strong dude.
I hope you are doing well.
Accidents happen in a very odd way, but.....
what the hell hapened to you?

This is why I no longer drink!!! LMFAO

Seriously tho, I was a professional baseball player 3 weeks out of spring training, was playing with the St Louis Cardinals. I was at a friend b-day party and had waaaay to much to drink. At around 3:30 am, I walked into his neighbors house as I thought it was his. He thought I was robbing his house and he shot me, point blank with a 12 gauge. Thankfully it was birdshot, but regardless, my leg should be gone and I should be dead. It is only by the grace of God I am still here. My avatar is my x-ray that shows all the pellets still in my leg.

Damn... I hope you don't party too hard no more, lol.
Thank god your still alive.

what's really odd is how our bodies are designed... I am just as strong if not stronger now than before the accident. I hit 405X5 on the squat Tuesday not my best, but was very tired. My leg ext is stronger than it was. Our bodies are very resiliant.

Damn... I hope you don't party too hard no more, lol.

Not anymore, I got married this past Valentine's Day and am happy with just spending time with her. She loves the gym too, so it's perfect

Thank god your still alive.

EVERYDAY!!!

Did you at least have some money from your pro career set aside? That is nasty!

your very very lucky , a few mor inches up or to your left and you would be dead or shitting in bag the rest of your life. Shit if the load had hit the inside of your other leg you would have likely died from femoral artery damage

Don't under estimate birdshot , a 1 7/8oz load of #6 from a full choke at the ranges found in a home is typicaly fatal , most entry teams use hogh power bird shot due to it lethality and safety of not over penitrating.

your very very lucky , a few mor inches up or to your left and you would be dead or shitting in bag the rest of your life. Shit if the load had hit the inside of your other leg you would have likely died from femoral artery damage

Don't under estimate birdshot , a 1 7/8oz load of #6 from a full choke at the ranges found in a home is typicaly fatal , most entry teams use hogh power bird shot due to it lethality and safety of not over penitrating.

Extremely! I had 1 vein hit, but instantly carterized because of how close range it was. The wadding from the shell was inside my leg. Every pellet went around my leg, not one hit the bone! I have about 50-60 pelletts on the inside of my leg, anywhere from 1/2-1in from the surface.

Pretty much any other place of entry would have been fatal or paralyzed

Did you at least have some money from your pro career set aside? That is nasty!

I did have some set aside, but most importantly was I was on the teams insurance plan! Which left me with about $10k worth of med bills, not too bad considering my trauma room stay cost $25k alone.

Total of 10 surgeries, 2 1/2 months in the hospital.

Don't know if you got a chance, but check the pictures from today, all 3 in the same post. My wife took them today

a real job :(

because of this, I was forced to get a real job. I went back to school and got my Bachelors degree. I then got my insurance license and am my own boss, so in a way it's okay. I would rather get paid to play a game, but can't do it forever I guess. I love my life now, I got a chance to live my dream and can't look back

because of this, I was forced to get a real job. I went back to school and got my Bachelors degree. I then got my insurance license and am my own boss, so in a way it's okay. I would rather get paid to play a game, but can't do it forever I guess. I love my life now, I got a chance to live my dream and can't look back

I saw your pictures. I am glad it work out in the end for you. It is always been my saying: "Some of us don't know how lucky we are"

"Some of us don't know how lucky we are"

That is 100% right. I know that I will never be a competitive bb, but it is still a great passion of mine to learn and apply as much as I can. I love this forum, you guys give more help than I think you will ever know

Not anymore, I got married this past Valentine's Day and am happy with just spending time with her. She loves the gym too, so it's perfect

EVERYDAY!!!

congrats to you both;)

Wow!!! you are a lucky man brother.
I have a similiar story in 1987 I had invites from Minnesota and Kansas city. I was living in Florida getting ready and had a car accident breaking my neck and lost several internal organs spending months and months in the hospital in Orlando. So I know pretty much know exactly how you feel,but every thing happens for a reason.Sounds like you moved on and are happy which is great.So many get depressed and can't let it go :(

I would have opened up on ya too, comming inside my property and all.

Anyways, glad you made it through and are okay now. Take care of yourself and yours man.

wow...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Itisisaysme510
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity