over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Tips for Growing lean

thehazzle

Kilo Klub Member
Thought this might be a cool idea.

What ways have helped you stay leaner when growing?
Obviously gear use helps but lets not make it a "add t3, tren and hgh" thread.

E.g
Fasted cardio every day
Increased training frequency
Low carbs on non training days
Methods to keep insulin sensitivity high - GDA's, omega 3s, periods of low carb/insulin

I would say taking pictures.

One of my boys back in the day was a pro who had won several USA, North American, and Mr. Universe titles in his prime. Now I think the typical paradigm is to bulk up and cut down but he would do the opposite.

He would stay a lean say 205 pounds in the off-season and bulk up to a ripped contest weight around 235 pounds. How he did it I never asked but I’m sure some of you guys may know?

I’d see him from day to day in amazement just getting bigger and bigger and ripped and I’d say; “Hey bro you getting bigger?” he’d reply “No, you are just getting smaller” Ha!

Shorten your rest periods to 30-45 seconds. Gradually increase your calorie intake. Shave out carbs from meal 1 and your last meal if training allows it. Growing into a shower means just priming your body in the offseason then hitting the gear hard once contest season comes up. It works for a lot of guys and Phil has talked about it in the past.

Last edited:
You can't gain fat from what you don't eat.

Only modest caloric increases are needed for muscle growth.

Start lean ! It makes it way more difficult to gain fat without noticing.

One of my boys back in the day was a pro who had won several USA, North American, and Mr. Universe titles in his prime. Now I think the typical paradigm is to bulk up and cut down but he would do the opposite.

He would stay a lean say 205 pounds in the off-season and bulk up to a ripped contest weight around 235 pounds. How he did it I never asked but I’m sure some of you guys may know?

I’d see him from day to day in amazement just getting bigger and bigger and ripped and I’d say; “Hey bro you getting bigger?” he’d reply “No, you are just getting smaller” Ha!

Arnold did this ........

Nutrient timing... without a doubt. Around training eat for growth and recovery and the remainder of the day and on off days eat as if you are in fat loss mode by reducing kcals mainly from carbs.

Training wise, you can train frequently as the metabolic stimulus from intense weight training will lead to a greater EPOC effect than most cardio or you can incorporate cardio. Cardio can either be HIIT or LISS or a combination but LISS would likely be best performed fasted.

Stay hydrated and get enough sleep and try to reduce external stress.

I kept my carbs within 50g of my total protein intake so that if I felt I "needed" more carbs I would also have to eat more protein/fat. Ended up making my diet really clean.

Also, I kept in 1 day per week with <50g carbs and did 10-20 min light cardio every day, kept my insulin sensitivity really high!

Always eat protein any time carbs are consumed.

Grow into the show.

alpha response:headbang:

Eating just enough to gain a lb or 2 every month, simple as

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I think the off season is a great time to figure out/experiment with foods pro/carbs/fats and find out what works best for your body!

if you wait till you can't see your abs at all you waited to long and ate to much.

I respectfully disagree.

8-10%BF - Visible abs
15%BF - Blurred abs

15% is no big deal, if you've been lean enough you'll get right back to 10% if you cut some carbs.

You can also use shoulder detail to assess how lean you are.

Point is: use the mirror.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity