over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low pregnenolone AND low progesterone

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I have been on HRT for about seven years. I use 20-25mg cypionate intramuscular every day (140mg/wk) and it keeps my total test in range but on the high-end and I use .5 mg Arimidex twice a week which keeps ultrasensitive estradiol in range. I also use 500iu hcg 2x/wk.
My DHEA was low years ago and oral and sublingual DHEA did not work so I started using life flo trans dermal DHEA 30 mg per day and now my DHEA is in range in the high end. I never bothered testing pregnenolone and progesterone but I did recently and they both were extremely low. First I tested pregnenolone and the result was
<5 range 22-237

So I started using 15 mg life flo transdermal pregnenolone and have been using that for a few months. I have not checked pregnenolone again but I recently checked my progesterone and that was <0.5 range <1.4
I’m not sure if that’s good or bad since the reference range was just < 1.4

I don't like hearing one brand of DHEA didn't work and one does. I was using Life Extension sublingual DHEA and it got my level up but switched to a combo capsule of DHEA/Pregnenolone because I added to add preg too. Haven't checked levels since I switched.

Honestly, the only way to get those levels up is to take the respective supplements as far as I know.

I use 10mg each of the vitacost brand of pregnenolone and DHEA per day.

Brought my levels from the lower end of the range to the middle end of the range for both.

Very cost effective as well.

I use 10mg each of the vitacost brand of pregnenolone and DHEA per day.

Brought my levels from the lower end of the range to the middle end of the range for both.

Very cost effective as well.

What about progesterone? Did you ever have that tested?

I have been on HRT for about seven years. I use 20-25mg cypionate intramuscular every day (140mg/wk) and it keeps my total test in range but on the high-end and I use .5 mg Arimidex twice a week which keeps ultrasensitive estradiol in range. I also use 500iu hcg 2x/wk.
My DHEA was low years ago and oral and sublingual DHEA did not work so I started using life flo trans dermal DHEA 30 mg per day and now my DHEA is in range in the high end. I never bothered testing pregnenolone and progesterone but I did recently and they both were extremely low. First I tested pregnenolone and the result was
<5 range 22-237

So I started using 15 mg life flo transdermal pregnenolone and have been using that for a few months. I have not checked pregnenolone again but I recently checked my progesterone and that was <0.5 range <1.4

Sounds like the delivery system was probably the reason for lack of absorption as opposed to the brand. I take 25mg a day of DHEA to be at the low end of the range. 25mg twice a day puts me just over the top.

Hope it's not a stupid question: Does being on TRT shut down the body's progesterone production? And can it be replaced with DHEA?

<5 range 22-237

Don't worry about Progesterone. Men don't really need it as it simply opposes DHT...however, with LOW Progesterone (bottom-range or below range) you *MIGHT* have an Increased Risk of Low Potassium (K+), which may lead to High Blood Pressure (HBP) and LOW Nitric Oxide (NO) Levels!!!

Don't worry about Progesterone. Men don't really need it as it simply opposes DHT...however, with LOW Progesterone (bottom-range or below range) you *MIGHT* have an Increased Risk of Low Potassium (K+), which may lead to High Blood Pressure (HBP) and LOW Nitric Oxide (NO) Levels!!!

Potassium was normal and DHT was elevated but I’m in HRT.

Hope it's not a stupid question: Does being on TRT shut down the body's progesterone production? And can it be replaced with DHEA?

Not a stupid question. Yes the feedback loop can lower other hormone levels.... That is why people use she's/pregnenolone and or HCG.

Wellthis is disturbing. I was hoping use of hCG would stem this issue sicne it should signal the testes to produce these intermediates. Pregnenolone is a key intermedite in the production of all thre major sterid pathways, sex steroids, glucocorticoids and mineralocorticoids.

What about progesterone? Did you ever have that tested?

The reference range for progesterone on all of the bloods I get through labcorp is expressed as "0.0 - 0.5 ng/dl".

My results have always come back as <0.1 ng/dl.

So, I'm not sure what you mean by "low progesterone". 99% sure there is no such thing as "low progesterone" in men.

Last edited:
The reference range for progesterone on all of the bloods I get through labcorp is expressed as "0.0 - 0.5 ng/dl".

My results have always come back as <0.1 ng/dl.

So, I'm not sure what you mean by "low progesterone". 99% sure there is no such thing as "low progesterone" in men.

That was my thought at first but there are a lot of articles out there talking about the side effects of low progesterone in men.

https://www.drlam.com/analyzing-effects-of-progesterone-in-men/

I don't like hearing one brand of DHEA didn't work and one does. I was using Life Extension sublingual DHEA and it got my level up but switched to a combo capsule of DHEA/Pregnenolone because I added to add preg too. Haven't checked levels since I switched.

Honestly, the only way to get those levels up is to take the respective supplements as far as I know.

I'm glad someone finally said this. I used LE's sub DHEA.

What combo did u switch to?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
bg15351
NapsGear