advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Will Melanotan 2 protect from skin cancer?

surfbh

Registered
I may be getting a job building a PV solar plant in the Mojave Desert in CA. The sun and the temps in the desert are extreme to put it mildly. Anyways, I have fair skin and had skin cancer on my face once before from working solar in the desert. It was a few years ago and it was the least bad kind don't remember the name though. Anyways, will Melanotan 2 help protect me. I wouldn't even consider this job but it is working 4-10's at $47.40 hr + $12 to retirement+ health& welfare and my wife would be doing it to so it's a lot of $.

MT2 does not have special characteristics that will protect you from cancer. The bodies natural defense from the sun is darkening it's pigmentation to protect against burning which is extremely pro-cancerous. MT2 augments this process allowing skin pigment to get darker and achieve that pigmentation quicker than would occur without it. So this in effect helps achieve some level of increased protection than would occur without.

So will MT2 help protect your skin in an outdoor environment? Yes.

Will being outdoors or tanning while using MT2 still put me at higher skin cancer risk than staying out of the sun? Yes.

If you do take the job make sure you apply a strong SPF to your skin every two hours and do you're best to avoid having skin exposed to direct sun as much as is reasonable.

Also just cause you develop a deep tan and find yourself not burning with normal exposure do not start skimping on the SPF.

According to the Aussies who did the studies, this was the main purpose. Equal sun without negative UV effects.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if it did, I still would take the correct precautions and cover up from the sun as required. When I use MT2 I dont assume that ill be fine just because of it. It just means I dont need as much sun as I would naturally.
Best to be cautious

I'd definitely wear sun screen, but it didn't protect me before that's why I was wondering about the MT2. I had a basal cell carcinoma by the way. Anyways, I'll order some and try to get as deep a tan as I can before I get the job call. Thanks for the help.

i dont get burnt at all while on it but i would still wear lots of protection....i wouldnt go crazy with it either if ur gonna b in that much sun....u may start lookin like that mom that was on the news......ull get dark real dark if ur in that much sun everyday

I always use sunscreen when outside even though I use mt2.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Iron Mountain 75
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131