YMSGIF210x65-Banner
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Using insulin with only peptides (no gh)

Androh

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with this protocol? Would it simply be ineffective, or just simply less effective than gh and insulin? I've searched around and haven't found much of anything (maybe for good reason), but I am interested in having a discussion about this.

What would a peptide + insulin protocol look like?

I have been doing this. I can't compared what it's like to insulin+GH because i've never ran it. This is my first run. Sure works for me, but maybe it could work better with real GH.

I take a much higher pep dose prior to my slin to try and mimic a big gh shot. I take around 400mcg of ghrp2/150mcg cjc about 15 mins prior to my slin injection When I started peps my reasearch said carbs/insulin blunt gh release. So I take the peps first, then wait and take my slin with my pre workout carb/supp mix.

I just starting taking another 100/100 ghrp/cjc when I get home post workout. yesterday I did that and went pretty fucking hypo. Sweaty as fuck and weak. Even more so than with the 400mcg shot. Even that small amount exacerbated the disposal of my glucose.

The only issue is that the peptides have such a short half life that your insulin levels will still be high while the peptides are not active.

The only issue is that the peptides have such a short half life that your insulin levels will still be high while the peptides are not active.

True, I feel that the peps still work even when insulin is active despite what people say. That's why yesterday, even after all my carb intake pre and intra, I took only 100/100 of ghrp/cjc to keep my gh levels boosted and it still caused me to go hypo.

Also, from what I have been reading, I started taking Huperzine A. Acetyl choline esterase inhibiter. Supposed to prolong the pulse of gh.

How insulin can blunt gh release? That's not true! It can only helps for gh release!
And the carbs inhibiting affect is inhibited by GHRP...so carbs can't blunt gh release too.
The free fat acids are much more dangerous...

I know there is a lot out there showing glucose/insulin increase blunts GH release.

GH and SLIN together increase IGF-1. But slin blunts gh. We take exogenous gh to enhance the effects of slin.

Growth Hormone and Blood Sugar

The most important point in regards to growth hormone (GH) and diet is that "Growth hormone levels increase significantly when insulin levels are low" (Jamieson, p. 85). "More precisely, the cause of growth hormone inhibition is not high insulin levels but rather high blood sugar (which, because insulin is secreted to bring down blood sugar level, overlaps in time with high insulin levels)" (Faigin, p.201).

To explain further, "… glucose inhibits the secretion of growth hormone by acting on specific areas of the hypothalamus. Consequently, during the day, when food is consumed periodically, growth hormone secretion by the pituitary is suppressed, and insulin release by the pancreas is increased" (Dean).

But it should be noted that it is not just any food that causes a rise in blood sugar and the consequent insulin release, but primary carbohydrates. And some kinds of carbs cause a greater blood sugar increase than others. This issue is discussed in the article *The Glycemic Index.

I won't repeat all the details of that article here, but the important point is that low glycemic foods will not increase blood sugar as much as high glycemic foods. And eating a large amount of carbs at once will cause a greater increase in blood sugar levels than eating a small amount of carbs. Also, eating fat with carbs will blunt the rise in blood sugar.

What this means is, consuming a large amount of high glycemic carbs by themselves could completely halt growth hormone release. Or more generally, a high carbohydrate, low fat diet is absolutely devastating to growth hormone levels. This is one of the reasons why many people trying to lose weight on such a diet "plateau" after a period of time. Their inability to continue to lose weight is partly due to suppressed GH levels.

Moreover, a study comparing a group of boys consuming meals composed of high-glycemic index (GI) foods verses low GI foods found, "There were higher levels of the hormones insulin, noradrenaline, and cortisol after the high-GI meals" (Brand-Miller, p.230). So a rapid rise in blood sugar and insulin can lead to a rise in cortisol, with its attendant catabolic and lipogenic properties.

However, "… we need insulin to promote the benefits of growth hormone. Studies show that GH fails to cause growth in animals lacking a pancreas and it also fails if carbohydrates are restricted from the diet" (Jamieson, p.56). The reason for his could be that a strict low carb diet would lead to chronically low insulin levels, and insulin, as indicated above, is needed to drive amino acids into the muscle cells.

Moreover, IGF-1 is produced in the body through the combined actions of GH and insulin. And IGF-1 "… is at least as powerful an anabolic agent as either of its parents" (Faigin, p. 90). But a low carb diet would lead to a reduction in IGF-1 levels. So a low carb diet is not the answer either. In fact, this relationship of insulin, growth hormone, and IGF-1 is one reason why those following a low carb diet also often plateau after a period of time.

There is a relationship with thyroid hormone here as well. "Raising GH has a profound effect on normalizing thyroid function … " (Jamieson, p.100). However, "Studies also show that diets that continuously restrict carbohydrate (like the Atkin's diet, for instance) cause a reduction in T3, and that administering carbohydrate can restore T3 levels after they have declined" (Faigin, p.139). This reduction in T3 is another reason people will often plateau on low carb diets.

So an ideal GH enhancing diet would include some carbs, but not an excessive amount. And the focus would be on low glycemic carbs.

RESOURCES: Sources:
Brand-Miller, Jennie, et. al. The New Glucose Revolution. Marlowe & Company: New York, 2003.

Creatine Newsletter. Issue 20. "Growth Hormone De-Mystified" - **broken link removed**.

Dean, Ward M.D. "Neuroendocrine Theory of Aging Chapter 3; Part 1 Energy Homeostat Dysfunction" - http://www.vrp.com/art/253.asp.

Di Pasquale, Mauro. The Anabolic Solution for Powerlifters. N/A. 2002. For details on this book and nutrition program, see the Metabolic Diet Web site: The Metabolic Diet.

Faigin, Rob. Natural Hormonal Enhancement. Extique Publishing: Cedar Mountain, NC. 2000. For details on this book and nutrition program see the Extique Web site - goto Hormonalfitness.

HGH Magazine. Best HGH ? 10 best hgh supplements reviewed and ranked. "Fiber helps manage HGH, Insulin, and Cholesterol." "Potassium and HGH - What your doctor does NOT tell you." "Whey Protein Supercharges HGH Supplements."

Jamieson, James and Dr. L.E. Dorman. Growth Hormone: Reversing Human Aging Naturally. Published by J. Jamieson: St. Louis, MO, 1997.

Schuler, Lou. The Testosterone Advantage Plan. Rodale: USA, 2002.

Thorton, Jim. "Maximum Testosterone." Men's Health. April, 2005, pp. 146-155,182.

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws