over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

FRAG + BCAA during fasted cardio = insulin failBOAT

G.I.Bro

Banned
Registered
I see many of my good Brofessors of Broscience here preaching the use of BCAA during or after early AM fasted cardio sessions. Normally, this is probably decent advice even though the fear of going "catabolic" is really overstated. The interesting thing is you might as well be drinking pure glucose when you take 10g+ of BCAA (from an insulin perspective). It takes a much longer/harsher environment than empty stomach cardio and some fasting to really go catabolic. All the studies/articles (leangains.com) Ive read seem to demonstrate you can do fasted exercise and continue to fast after without eating up all your muscle (if fat loss is your goal). This becomes even more true on AAS. Im not sure ANY of us need to waste $ on BCAA if your diet/macros for the remainder of the day are in check.

Now, as you all know, FRAG only really works if you fast during/after it so the liberated fatty acids are used. The presence of carbs/insulin can screw this process up entirely and make FRAG use almost pointless - a waste of time and $. So, one would need to take FRAG immediately on rising, then do their fasted cardio (say 6am) and then FAST until Noon to really maximize the benefits of the FRAG. Does anyone not agree with this? CM has posted on this here: http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/1601128-post17.html

Now, here is my point. BCAA are HIGHLY insulinogenic! Much more than protein. If you slam a bunch of BCAA, you will spike insulin like it was CARBS. What a lot of folks don’t realize is that BCAA is approximately twice as insulinogenic as a solution of pure glucose! See the expert roundtable discussion on BB.com on this here: BB Roundtable: Will Brink, Jamie Hale, Layne Norton, Alan Aragon - Bodybuilding.com Forums

So, BCAA are out. Now, as long as you're here, I'd love advice on my peptide stack. It's my first venture into peptides. I have FRAG, CJC DAC and Ipam. I went with the Ipam to avoid prolactin issues and increased appetite (this is a cut) and because the literature supports that Ipam may have a higher saturation dose point than GHRP 2/6. So where over 100mcg -per each dose- of GHRP may be futile/wasted, 200mcg per dose of Ipam may have some merit. I'm trying to avoid 5-6 injects a day here.

Rise, CJC DAC @ 500mcg, Ipam @ 200mcg, FRAG @ 1000mcg
Fasted Cardio
Work
Train after work at 6:30-7pm
PWO meal ONLY about 1hr before pre-bed Ipam @ 200mcg (best I can do)

- So this is 2mg CJC/wk (500mcg x 4). Any reason not to just do 2x 1mg CJC shots? I find none.

- Ipam is only 2x day @ 200mcg. Would it REALLY be worth it to work another Pre-Workout Ipam shot in in the middle of the day? I'd like to avoid doing this in the office. Is 2x200mcg sufficient? I would NOT be on an empty stomach when I administered the pre-workout Ipam shot anyway. In fact, I eat some carbs about 1hr before I train.

- Do you think this CJC dose is enough? Obviously, we are the "more is better" crowd but is 2mg sufficient to not be wasting my time?

Last edited:
i do 10gr bcaas pre wo only (workout fasted...and continue fast for a few hrs pwo)....i dont even do cardio..prob 6% bf

wouldnt suggest restistance training fasted without bcaas....cardio is a diff story

i do 10gr bcaas pre wo only (workout fasted...and continue fast for a few hrs pwo)....i dont even do cardio..prob 6% bf

wouldnt suggest restistance training fasted without bcaas....cardio is a diff story

I agree. I use BCAA pre/during weight training. It's purpose specific. For fasted morning cardio though, especially on gh or peptides, I think BCAA should he avoided. You won't go catabolic from fasted cardio or training - especially on gear.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear