over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

GW-501516

Google&Pubmed

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I haven't heard of people using this product for a while. What has happened?

I had my resting HR hit 47 while I was using it. Also you only need to use 5mg/day. So one vial should last you 2 months.

I believe it has been proven to cause cancer in mice.

I believe it has been proven to cause cancer in mice.

Where is this research? I'll try to look it up but in on my phone and its no as easy lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4

The research is there and I have seen it however the dosages they were given were like 40x what we dose at 5/mg per day.

They probably had more GW501516 in the blood than actual blood.

RAT CARCINOGENICITY STUDY WITH GW501516, A PPAR DELTA AGONIST. L. E. Geiger1, W. S. Dunsford2, D. J. Lewis2, C. Brennan3, K. C. Liu3 and S. J. Newsholme1. 1Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA, 2Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, Ware, United Kingdom and 3Huntingdon Life Sciences, Huntingdon, United Kingdom.

GW501516, a non-genotoxic PPARδ agonist, was assessed for carcinogenic potential by daily administration (oral gavage) to Han Wistar rats for a period of 104 weeks. Males were given 0, 5, 15 or 30 mg/kg/day for the first 6 weeks of the study. For the remainder of the study males were given 0, 5, 20 or 40 mg/kg/day. Females were given 0, 3, 10 or 20 mg/kg/day for the entire study. GW501516 produced test article-related neoplastic findings in multiple tissues at all doses. Increased mortality was seen with females given GW501516 at all doses and uterine endometrial adenocarcinoma contributed to death in a high proportion of these animals. Neoplasms considered test-article related occurred in the liver (hepatocellular adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day), urinary bladder (transitional cell carcinoma in males given 20 and 40 mg/kg/day), thyroid (follicular cell adenoma at ≥ 3 mg/kg/day and carcinoma in males at ≥ 20 mg/kg/day), tongue (squamous cell papilloma in males at 5 mg/kg/day and 40 mg/kg/day), stomach (squamous cell papilloma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and a female at 20 mg/kg/day, and carcinoma in a male at 40 mg/kg/day and a female at 3 mg/kg/day), skin (inverted squamous cell papilloma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and females at 3 or 20 mg/kg/day), Harderian glands (adenoma in males at ≥ 5 mg/kg/day and adenocarcinoma in a male at 40 mg/kg/day), testes (interstitial cell adenoma at 40 mg/kg/day), ovary (Sertoli cell adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day) and uterus (polyp and endometrial adenocarcinoma at ≥ 3 mg/kg/day). Some of the tumor types observed in this study have not been reported with either PPARα or PPARγ agonists and may reflect tumor promotion mediated through PPARδ agonism. 896 MOUSE CARCINOGENICITY STUDY WITH GW501516, A PPAR DELTA AGONIST. S. J. Newsholme1, W. S. Dunsford2, T. Brodie2, C. Brennan3, M. Brown3 and L. E. Geiger1. 1Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, King of Prussia, PA, 2Safety Assessment, GlaxoSmithKline, Ware, United Kingdom and 3Huntingdon Life Sciences, Huntingdon, United Kingdom.

GW501516, a non-genotoxic PPARδ agonist, was assessed for carcinogenic potential by daily administration (oral gavage) to CD1 mice for 104 weeks at doses of 0, 10, 30, 60 or 80 mg/kg/day. Survival was decreased at doses ≥ 30 mg/kg/day. Neoplasms considered related to test article occurred in liver (hepatocellular carcinoma at ≥ 30 mg/kg/day and adenoma at ≥ 10 mg/kg/day), stomach (squamous cell carcinoma at all doses) and combined squamous cell tumours at all doses (squamous cell papilloma and carcinoma, and keratoacanthoma). There have been conflicting reports in the literature regarding the effects of PPARδ on epithelial cell proliferation. The results of this study demonstrate an increase in proliferation in certain epithelial cell populations, but do not support a role for PPARδ in colon carcinogenesis. The squamous cell tumors observed in this study have not been reported with either PPARα or PPARγ agonists and may reflect tumor promotion mediated through PPARδ agonism. 897 LIGAND-ACTIVATION OF PEROXISOME PROLIFERATOR-ACTIVATED RECEPTOR-BETA/DELTA INHIBITS THE PROLIFERATION OF HUMAN PANCREATIC CANCER CELLS. J. D. Coleman and J. Vanden Heuvel. Pennsylvania State University, State College, PA. Pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer-related deaths in the United States, owing to its extremely aggressive nature and resistance to chemotherapeutic regimens. In the present study we report that activation of the nuclear receptor PPAR-β/δ decreases human pancreatic cancer cell growth. The proliferation of three human pancreatic cancer cell lines - BxPc-3 (high COX-2 expression), Panc- 1 and MIA PaCa-2 (COX-2 negative) - was inhibited by the PPAR-α and PPAR-γ- selective agonists, Ciprofibrate and Rosiglitazone, respectively, but most effectively by the PPAR-β/δ-selective agonist GW501516. Treatment of pancreatic cancer cells with a PPAR-β/δ-selective agonist significantly decreased mRNA levels of the cell cycle regulatory gene, cyclin D2, compared with control cells at 24 hours. Furthermore, GW501516 treatment significantly reduced the TNF-α-induced mRNA expression of pro-inflammatory mediators in MIA PaCa-2 and BxPc-3 cells, several of which are known to influence cell proliferation. PPAR-β/δ interacts with NF-κB p50 subunit, although this was not dependent on ligand. PPAR-β/δ is unique among the PPAR isoforms in its association with the transcriptional repressor, Bcl-6. We hypothesize that PPAR-β/δ activation results in Bcl-6 shuttling from the receptor complex to its known consensus sequence in the cyclin D2 promoter where it influences pancreatic cancer cell proliferation.

Last edited:
Well I cant find the information I read yesterday, but if you look near the middle of the page here under 'Safety', you will see:"In 2013 New Scientist reported that "tests on rats showed that at all doses, the drug rapidly causes cancers in a multitude of organs, including the liver, bladder, stomach, skin, thyroid, tongue, testes, ovaries and womb."[4]

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GW501516"]GW501516 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

At all doses... that's enough to make me stay away.

lol it's gonna be "funny" the vague of cancers that alots of people are gonna developping because they think the compound is safe and that GSK only dropped it because these evil pharma companies don't want us to use this "amazing" compound to stay fit and healthy :rolleyes:

lol it's gonna be "funny" the vague of cancers that alots of people are gonna developping because they think the compound is safe and that GSK only dropped it because these evil pharma companies don't want us to use this "amazing" compound to stay fit and healthy :rolleyes:

You think it's "funny" when people get cancer? That's very disturbing.

At all doses. So the lowest dose being... 3mg per kg. I weigh 80kg, so that's effectively 240mg per day.

The dosage for adult men is commonly between 5 and 10 mg. Which is effectively the equivalent of 2% of the rats dose.

I think we have a higher chance of getting cancer by being around secondhand smoke or by having my cell phone next to my balls all day.

You think it's "funny" when people get cancer? That's very disturbing.

yes in this case it's gonna be "funny" because despite all the warnings to not use this toxic compound people still choose to use it for what ? temporary increased endurance ? slight fat loss? you can have all these things with actual safe compounds but it seem people have the "everything can give you cancer so i don't care" mentality so go away and give yourself multiple organs cancer which you will probably die from .. just because you wanted to loose a few lbs of fat
so yes i'm gonna grab some popcorn and watch this situation turn into a sanitary disaster
people don't realize that pharma companies often hide alot of side effects of their drugs just to get them approved by the FDA but in this case the compound is so toxic that they had no choice but to drop it ... but certain "guru" hummmm Elitehummmfitness seem to know more then the bunch of Phd that made GW501516 and claim it's safe and that the studies of its toxicity are BS but hey to each their own

Last edited:
I think the only reason to say away is if cancer runs in your family... I mean hell.... "everything can cause cancer"

At all doses. So the lowest dose being... 3mg per kg. I weigh 80kg, so that's effectively 240mg per day.

This is not correct. Calculation from animal dose to human dose involves a correction for body surface area. For a 60kg man, the 3mg/kg dose in mice comes to just over 14mg.

LOL What? How did you get 29, did you divide? That's not how it works.

Did you actually read the entire article?

It says that they wish people followed that formula as not all studies do.

Did you actually read the entire article?

It says that they wish people followed that formula as not all studies do.

The paper is self explanatory. The proper animal dose to human dose conversion involves a correction for body surface area.

The paper is self explanatory. The proper animal dose to human dose conversion involves a correction for body surface area.

Bro, you have no idea of what you speak of……It's people like yourself that continue throw out outrageous claims!!!

yes in this case it's gonna be "funny" because despite all the warnings to not use this toxic compound people still choose to use it for what ? temporary increased endurance ? slight fat loss? you can have all these things with actual safe compounds but it seem people have the "everything can give you cancer so i don't care" mentality so go away and give yourself multiple organs cancer which you will probably die from .. just because you wanted to loose a few lbs of fat
so yes i'm gonna grab some popcorn and watch this situation turn into a sanitary disaster
people don't realize that pharma companies often hide alot of side effects of their drugs just to get them approved by the FDA but in this case the compound is so toxic that they had no choice but to drop it ... but certain "guru" hummmm Elitehummmfitness seem to know more then the bunch of Phd that made GW501516 and claim it's safe and that the studies of its toxicity are BS but hey to each their own

Take your nonsense back to bb.com….that's where you belong. I guess since a bunch of PHD's claim a certain drug to be safe or not is rule of the land. Have you ever wondered why so many drugs have been recalled bc they are no longer deemed as safe???

Please enlighten me on how, and why GW is so toxic……I want you to break it down for us. Also, I don't want to see another article that has been copied and pasted. A lot of people love to post shit to make them look like they are halfway intelligent.

I'll grab the popcorn……I want to find out how smart you really are!!!!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131