over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

What foods to avoid while using slin?

Flexpack215

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Hey guys,

I'm currently running Mike Arnold's slin protocol and it has been great so far. I have my strict diet always but I didn't know if there was certain things to avoid on cheat night or maybe just not so good foods other than fats while on slin?
Thanks

Avoids fats while the slin is active in your system. That's the important thing since slin stores fat. Carbs and proteins are fine.

Avoids fats while the slin is active in your system. That's the important thing since slin stores fat. Carbs and proteins are fine.

x2

I like to have some good fats before I inject slin though.

Carbs and protein well anything is good and can fit a purpose.

I use a combination of simple and complex carbs.

Complex usually being sweet potatoes, brown rice and pasta.

Simple being coconut sugar, dextrose, honey and haribo on a special occasion :D

Hey guys,

I'm currently running Mike Arnold's slin protocol and it has been great so far. I have my strict diet always but I didn't know if there was certain things to avoid on cheat night or maybe just not so good foods other than fats while on slin?
Thanks

Doughnuts
Ice cream
French fries
Pizza
Etc.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

out of curiosity, would it be ok to have a cheat meal after the slin is not longer active? Or just avoid it all while using slin period? I'm not meaning those things listed but lets say a steak and sweet potato with butter and cinnamon.

Last edited:
Thanks guys, that's what I needed to know. I was actually hoping to get responses from all 3 of you on this topic.

out of curiosity, would it be ok to have a cheat meal after the slin is not longer active? Or just avoid it all while using slin period? I'm not meaning those things listed but lets say a steak and sweet potato with butter and cinnamon.

If the slin is no longer active then have those fats. Your body needs good fats. Melvin Anthony use to say butter on a baked potatoe was good as it slowed the release of carbs. He was a generic freak though so nothing made him fat.

Definitely have that meal. As JJ stated your body needs fat and you will only look and feel better for it.

I could be wrong, but it seems to me that you are asking if insulin will negatively impact fat gain even when it is not active.

Like the other guys have already said, it probably isn't the best idea to intentionally add fats to your pre/intra/post workout meals when insulin is active, but if you are following my original, basic protocol, there are no added fats in it anyway.

Your pre-workout slin inject will only stay active for a few hours, so any time after that you can eat how you normally would. Insulin isn't going to have any effect on lypolysis when it's not active.

Besides, the reason some people add bodyfat when using insulin isn't because they have fat in their diets while the slin is active, but because they over-eat like damn hogs. As long as you don't eat more calories than what your body can use for recovery & growth, you aren't going to get fat when using insulin, even if there is fat in your sytem while it was active.

Think about it--the body releases insulin all day long in response to food (primarily carb) intake...and even though some BB'rs eat quite a substantial amount of both carbs & fat, they are still lean. This is because they aren't eating more calories than what their body requires. On the other hand, you could follow a diet which causes very little insulin release, yet be a fat-ass simply because you are eating way too much.

So, while I would avoid adding fat to your workout-based nutrition, I wouldn't fret over it either.

Last edited:
Hey guys while on topic,I had a similar question. In Mikes pre protocol it has glycerol mono as an ingredient which is a fat right? Also could you use GlycerGrow by controlled labs for this because it has Glycerol and vitamin c and potassium so it kills a few birds with one stone?
My main concern was 3 scoops which is a serving has I think 56 grams of fat!!
Thanks!

Hey guys while on topic,I had a similar question. In Mikes pre protocol it has glycerol mono as an ingredient which is a fat right? Also could you use GlycerGrow by controlled labs for this because it has Glycerol and vitamin c and potassium so it kills a few birds with one stone?
My main concern was 3 scoops which is a serving has I think 56 grams of fat!!
Thanks!

It has 54 cals and 6g fat....check your reading. There's no vitamin C in it and potassium is 70mg whereas Mike originally suggested 500mg.

To answer your question yes its a saturated fat, technically.

It has 54 cals and 6g fat....check your reading. There's no vitamin C in it and potassium is 70mg whereas Mike originally suggested 500mg.

To answer your question yes its a saturated fat, technically.

Yeah thanks man I went back and looked,it was super early and my eyes were closing and opening lol!! Heck I thought I posted this in the thread above about Mikes protocol,went back and looked didn't see it so I figured I must have been sleepy and didn't press the submit button.
Well long story short I posted same question in two threads lol
Sorry guys

One last question Mike, I am running Novolin-R while on your program. So far so good, the only reason I have Novolin was because my trainer recommended it and I knew my local pharmacy carried it. Other than carb timing, is there anything I should be doing different with Novolin-r? Or would you recommend I switch out to humalog or humalin-r ?

Thanks

Do you still have fats with your pre insulin meal like ELV does ?

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131