johnjuanb1

Featured Member / Sponsor Rep
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Sponsors
Selank Benefits:

Reduced Level Of Emotional Tension, Anxiety and Fear

Optimizes The Higher Cortical Functions Of The Brain (Speech, Thought, Movement Coordination)

Improves Memory (Storing, Processing / Structuring, Recalling)

Improves Focus & Concentration, (i.e. Student Exams, Long Work Hours)

Reduces Mental Fatigue

Improves Stress Tolerance

Elevates & Stabilizes Mood

Improves Sleep Quality

Improve Physical & Mental Function

Enhances Immune System

PLUS

NO Significant Side Effects

NO Allergic Reactions

NO Interactions With Other Drugs

NO Addiction Or Withdrawal

NO Motor Skill Impairment

From what I've found on other sites, the best dosing protocol for Selank is subQ injection of 250 mcg twice a day.

The two guys I know who use Selank say it makes stressful situations much easier to deal with. They both use it for their high stress jobs.

JJ - thank you for turning me on to Selank... It's hard to explain -but it's a major difference. Between this and Noopept I am having my best production month in years! There is a drastic enough difference that some of my team have noticed.

JJ - thank you for turning me on to Selank... It's hard to explain -but it's a major difference. Between this and Noopept I am having my best production month in years! There is a drastic enough difference that some of my team have noticed.

That's awesome!!! I'm so happy that it's working well for you. Life is so much better when work stress is reduced. :)

I got a good friend that's suffers with ADD and sent him an email with some of the information johnjuanb1 posted about Selank Benefits. Well he has been blowing up my phone trying to find out more information about it.

So johnjuanb1 do you think Selank could benefit someone with ADD??

G

I would tell him about Selank and Noopept - I honestly believe it would help ADD a lot. I probably am ADD just haven't been properly diagnosed

JJ have the studies been shown relatively safe for males and females.
Me and my girlfriend plan on both starting this.. we both work 60+ hours a week she is also a full time student and i am a dj/music prodcuer so stress and the abilty to focus is really needed.....

Especially after finally weening my self off a huge addrall/stim addiction..

I got a good friend that's suffers with ADD and sent him an email with some of the information johnjuanb1 posted about Selank Benefits. Well he has been blowing up my phone trying to find out more information about it.

So johnjuanb1 do you think Selank could benefit someone with ADD??

G

I searched the internet and pubmed but can't find studies regarding selank and ADD. The studies are in regards to anxiety. I suppose he can give it a try and see if it helps his concentration and mental clarity.

Me and my girlfriend plan on both starting this.. we both work 60+ hours a week she is also a full time student and i am a dj/music prodcuer so stress and the abilty to focus is really needed.....

I haven't found any studies showing it be be unsafe.

I found this about noopept from an article by Mike Arnold, if case you are considering stacking it with selank:

"One of the most important things to remember is that Noopept does not appear to accumulate in the body or cause any type of drug dependency or addiction despite its potency."

From what I've found on other sites, the best dosing protocol for Selank is subQ injection of 250 mcg twice a day.

Any reason why twice a day instead of once? I am getting old and with all the different things I am taking now I can remember to take it before bed but don't know if I can remember the morning shot as I am rushing to get out the door.

Any reason why twice a day instead of once? I am getting old and with all the different things I am taking now I can remember to take it before bed but don't know if I can remember the morning shot as I am rushing to get out the door.

My guess is due to a half life that doesn't exceed half a day.

I found this on selank:

SELANK practically harmless, even at doses 500 times higher than therapeutic.

I found a pubmed study in which selank was only injected once a day so I supposed you can try it at once a day and see if that benefits you properly.

SELANK FOR DEPRESSION

[Effects of heptapeptide selank on genetically-based and situation-provoked symptoms of depression in behavior in WAG/Rij and Wistar rats, and in BALB/c mice].

AuthorsSarkisova KIu, et al. Show all Journal
Zh Vyssh Nerv Deiat Im I P Pavlova. 2008 Mar-Apr;58(2):226-37. Article in Russian.

Affiliation
Abstract
A synthetic derivative of the endogenous peptide tuftsin heptapeptide selank (Thr-Lys-Pro-Arg-Pro-Gly-Pro) possesses an anxiolytic and psychostimulant effect, and represents a working element of a new peptide drug having completed the third phase of the clinical testing as a selective anxiolytic. The neurobiochemical spectrum of selank action combines mechanisms which are characteristics of antidepressants and psychostimulants: activation of the brain monoaminergic systems, dopamine synthesis and turnover, and modulation of the tyrosine hydroxylase activity. The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of selank in a new model of inherited (genetically-based) symptoms of depression in behavior of inbred WAG/Rij rats in comparison with its effect on situation-provoked symptoms of depression in behavior of BALB/c mice. Outbred Wistar rats constituted control group. Selank in high doses (1000-2000 microg/kg), after repeated injection counteracted symptoms of depression in behavior of WAG/Rij rats (increased immobilization in the forced swimming test and decreased sucrose intake or preference (anhedonia)). Selank in low doses (100 and 300 microg/kg) after single injection reduced the duration of immobility of BALB/c mice in the forced swimming test, but did not exert significant effect after repeated injection or after injection in high doses (600 and 900 microg/kg). Selank did not affect the level of general locomotor activity and anxiety in WAG/Rij rats, and did not exert substantial effect on the behavior of control Wistar rats. The results demonstrate the presence of antidepressant component in the spectrum of neuropsychotrophyc activity of selank and indicate the higher reliability of a new experimental model of depression (the WAG/Rij rats) as compared to the standard forced swimming test for the determination of antidepressant activity of a pharmacological drug.

Last edited:
This medical study shows Selank has applications in anti viral medicine with regards to the flu. Wish I had this last week.

[Antiviral activity of immunomodulator Selank in experimental influenza infection].

AuthorsErshov FI, et al. Show all Journal
Vopr Virusol. 2009 Sep-Oct;54(5):19-24. Article in Russian.

Affiliation
Abstract
The main objective of this study was to evaluate the antiviral properties of the glyproline Selank in both in vitro and in vivo against the influenza virus strain A/Aichi 2/68 (H3N2). The pronounced antiviral effect of the agent was detected in both systems. Selank added to the cell culture 24 hours before inoculation (a preventive use scheme) showed the highest efficiency, by completely suppressing viral reproduction. The in vivo studies also demonstrated that the highest survival of laboratory animals was observed when the agent was administered by the prevention scheme. The use of Selank in vivo induced the gene expression of interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha), without affecting that of interleukin (IL)-4, IL-10, or tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha). The findings suggest that the mechanism of the antiviral action of Selank may be due to its ability to modulate Th1/Th2/Treg cytokine equilibrium both directly and indirectly via the central nervous system. This is particularly promising if that the agent is synthesized on the basis of an endogenous peptide and that it has no negative effects is kept in mind.

PMID 19882898 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

If selank can reduce anxiety and stressful situations I may start researching this a week or two out from my show (depending on saturation length?)

Selank regulates inflammation invivo.

Expression of inflammation-related genes in mouse spleen under tuftsin analog Selank.

AuthorsKolomin T, et al. Show all Journal
Regul Pept. 2011 Oct 10;170(1-3):18-23. doi: 10.1016/j.regpep.2011.05.001. Epub 2011 May 24.

Affiliation
Abstract/B]
Previous studies have shown that synthetic tuftsin analogue Selank causes a transcriptomic response in the rat hippocampus and in spleen cells and may participate in the regulation of inflammatory processes in the body. In this work we studied the effect of Selank and two of its fragments on the expression of genes involved in processes of inflammation. We analyzed the expression of 84 genes involved in processes of inflammation (e.g., chemokines, cytokines, and its receptors) in mouse spleen 6 and 24 h after Selank single intraperitoneal injection (100 μg/kg) using real-time PCR method. We found significant changes in the expression of 34 genes involved in inflammation processes. The detailed analysis of quantitative data showed that the Bcl6 gene, which plays a main role in the formation and development of the immune system, exhibited significant changes in its expression levels in response to injection of each of the peptides. Also, we observed expression changes for Bcl6 target and corepressor genes under the influence of Selank and its fragments. Our results showed that Selank and its fragments caused a number of alterations in the expression of genes involved in inflammation. The data obtained confirmed the participation of Selank in the processes of regulation of inflammation in the body. The complex biological effect of Selank may be partially determined by the systematic effect of this peptide on genomic expression.

In clinical trials, the drug has shown to provide a sustained nootropic and anxiolytic effect, which is useful for the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD).[1] Selank has an advantage over traditional anxiety treatments, such as benzodiazepines, as it has no sedating or cognitive side effects and no associated addiction or withdrawal syndrome. Selank also has very low toxicity with an overdose proving harmless even up to 500 times the effective dose. When released, the drug will be used as a 0.15% aqueous solution which is applied to the nasal mucosa in drops. It is thought that this is the best method for absorbing peptide based drugs. The drug can be used to suppress feelings of fear and anxiety in people with anxiety disorders and to stimulate learning and memory in healthy people.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131