over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Humulin R Pre WO Late in the afternoon

6iron

Registered
Let me clarify that I am not new to using insulin. I have used Humalog several times in the past. Because of my job, I don't get my work out done until 6:30 at night. Would pinning Sub-Q around 4:00-4:30 pm before work out and going to bed around 10:00 be an issue of clearing that danger window. Those were the same time frames when I ran the Humalog.

I plan on this weekend doing a test run earlier in the day with my same old protocol as follows when I did the Humalog.

2:00 pm - Meal
4:00 pm - Inject Sub Q
4:30 pm - Drink Casein with Karboload,5 gram Creatine 5 gram Glutamine.
5:15 pm - Drink Intra Shake Di Tri Peptde Shake with 113 gram carbs
6:30 pm - Finish workout
7:30 pm - Chicken and Sweet Potato
9:30 pm - Drink Casein with 1 cup oats blended
10:pm - Bed

Feel free to suggest changes to my protocol.

Last edited:
Let me clarify that I am not new to using insulin. I have used Humalog several times in the past. Because of my job, I don't get my work out done until 6:30 at night. Would pinning Sub-Q around 4:00-4:30 pm before work out and going to bed around 10:00 be an issue of clearing that danger window. Those were the same time frames when I ran the Humalog.

I plan on this weekend doing a test run earlier in the day with my same old protocol as follows when I did the Humalog.

2:00 pm - Meal
4:00 pm - Inject Sub Q
4:30 pm - Drink Casein with Karboload,5 gram Creatine 5 gram Glutamine.
5:15 pm - Drink Intra Shake Di Tri Peptde Shake with 113 gram carbs
6:30 pm - Finish workout
7:30 pm - Chicken and Sweet Potato
9:30 pm - Drink Casein with 1 cup oats blended
10:pm - Bed

Feel free to suggest changes to my protocol.

Im in the same boat. I used to use strictly log but dont have a hook up on it anymore so switched to novolin r. I pin about 4:30 and head to gym. It can be tricky at times. Sometimes I think I have it all covered but I get hit with another spike right before bed. One time I did wake up at mid-night hypo and ran to kitchen and ate carbs.

I have found it is best to overload on carbs just to be safe. Even with 15 iu I will eat 300 or so carbs to be on the safe side. Have to experiment a little to find your sweet spot. I do feel the r insulin to be more anabolic than log but if I was cutting and watching every carb I would want to have log.

You could shoot it IM -does shorten the duration a good bit.

How long until it peaks doing it IM?

There's a standardized chart I used to have, let me see if I can find it.
It actually shows all insulins, short, medium, and long acting and the peak times and durations for sub q vs IM.

I was looking for it found this also turns out homonunculus posted the same study some time ago in a thread here on PM.

Abstract

The aim of this study was to compare the glucodynamic effects of soluble insulin and the rapid acting insulin analogue insulin lispro after subcutaneous (s.c.) and intramuscular (i.m.) injection. Twelve healthy male volunteers (age 26.8 +/- 1.7 years, BMI 23.2 +/- 2.3 kg m(-2); mean +/- SD) participated in this single-centre, open-labelled, euglycaemic glucose clamp study on four different days. Soluble insulin or insulin lispro (0.2 U kg(-1)) were injected s.c. or i.m. into the thigh by syringe. The glucodynamic effects were assessed by registering the glucose infusion rates necessary to maintain blood glucose at 5.0 mmol l(-1) for the subsequent 420 min. Intramuscular injection of soluble insulin led to an earlier peak of metabolic action when compared to s.c. administered soluble insulin (tmax 138 +/- 29 vs 179 +/- 34 min; p < 0.05). The maximal metabolic effect and metabolic activity during the first 2 h after i.m. and s.c. injection of soluble insulin were comparable (GIRmax 9.7 +/- 2.3 vs 7.8 +/- 2.3 mg kg(-1) min(-1); n.s., AUC0-120min 0.60 +/- 0.18 vs 0.50 +/- 0.15 g kg(-1) 120 min; n.s.). Subcutaneous administration of insulin lispro led to a metabolic effect resembling that induced by i.m. application of soluble insulin (tmax 116 +/- 26 vs 138 +/- 29 min; n.s., GIRmax 11.1 +/- 2.3 mg vs 9.7 +/- mg kg(-1) min(-1); n.s.). However, the overall metabolic response during the first 2 h after injection was higher with s.c. insulin lispro (AUC0-120min 0.81 +/- 0.26 vs 0.60 +/- 0.18 g kg(-1) 120 min; p < 0.05). The glucodynamic activity of i.m. applied insulin lispro was comparable to that of lispro s.c.. Following i.m. injection of soluble insulin, the metabolic activity peaked more rapidly than with s.c. administration. In contrast, the metabolic effect of insulin lispro was similar with either route. The time-action profile of i.m. injected soluble insulin lies between that of s.c. applied soluble insulin and insulin lispro.

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/professional-muscle-forum/3495-insulin-im.html

Ill keep looking for the chart.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic