over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Novolin R vs Humalog

Hulkbulk8

Banned
I have used Humalog before and was taking upto 20iu pre work out with great results and good pumps.

I decided to try the Novolin now since its so cheap.

This does not have as fast of an ONset or Peak and i dont think the peak is as high eather. I have been able to use less carbs and be fine.

my question is do you all use more novolin r than you do humalog?

Since the peak is not as strong and its a longer duration i was thinking about taking more. I also was thinking i would get better results from the long slin vs short since i would have more time of nutrient shuttling effect.

is this accurate?

I have used both, I just use them differently because of the different timing involved with each, but I have used novalin/humalin and nova log/humalog many times.
I prefer humalog/novalog.

I have used both, I just use them differently because of the different timing involved with each, but I have used novalin/humalin and nova log/humalog many times.
I prefer humalog/novalog.

are gains the same?
I would assume with the longer one you would get less of a spike.
more time for the suttling effects.

I would also assume most would perfer the fastest one

Personally I felt the gains were equal but the timing was easier to deal with so far as from a practical standpoint and not having to deal with 2x the active time and going hypo.

I called around the other day, I'd prefer a quicker onset personally because of my mid-evening workout but it seems pharmacies only give the the insulins with "R" or "N" at the end (like the Humilin and Novalin) OTC. Humalog requires a script.

Humilin-R here was $24 OTC for 10/mL

I called around the other day, I'd prefer a quicker onset personally because of my mid-evening workout but it seems pharmacies only give the the insulins with "R" or "N" at the end (like the Humilin and Novalin) OTC. Humalog requires a script.

Humilin-R here was $24 OTC for 10/mL

Yeah! very good price for 10mls of Slin.

Personally I felt the gains were equal but the timing was easier to deal with so far as from a practical standpoint and not having to deal with 2x the active time and going hypo.

I dont think the peak is quite has high with novolin R as it is with humalog. I feel like i can take more and the spike is not as bad and i dont need as many carbs as i would with Humalog.

Also with Nov R if you start to feel like your going hypo you will have more time to get carbs vs when you start to go hypo on Humalog you need to get carbs asap because shit is fast with it.

I dont think the peak is quite has high with novolin R as it is with humalog. I feel like i can take more and the spike is not as bad and i dont need as many carbs as i would with Humalog.

Also with Nov R if you start to feel like your going hypo you will have more time to get carbs vs when you start to go hypo on Humalog you need to get carbs asap because shit is fast with it.

True.
At the end of the day its about personal preference. I like to do them both (not at the same time) and when I do I like to do them IM.

True.
At the end of the day its about personal preference. I like to do them both (not at the same time) and when I do I like to do them IM.

ohhhh so tell me more about IM pinning with slin. how much faster does it hit you, lets say using novolin ?

I usually take it about 30min before work out.

Novalin hits slower and I use much more. Up to 30ius pre

Log hits hard and fast, I use up to 17ius pre

I like log more, because I can dose, then 2 hours later dose again in accordance to that meal. And it clears before bed

I like log more, because I can dose, then 2 hours later dose again in accordance to that meal. And it clears before bed

In your opinion and carbs being equal would you think 20iu pre only would be better or worse than 10iu pre then 2 hours later another 10iu?

Right now I'm doing 10iu pre but have 100g intra and 100g post then hammer carbs pretty hard onwards

I think the more insulin you can use, the greater the anabolic response.

So in my opinion, 20ius pre, then 10ius with a meal later would be superior

I think the more insulin you can use, the greater the anabolic response.

So in my opinion, 20ius pre, then 10ius with a meal later would be superior
Not really a great way to think of it. Once your sensitivity goes to shit when using a lot, the amount means nothing and you will continue to get less out of the same big doses.

Iv heard humalog sensitizes?

But yes that is true

There is talk of humalog sensitising your gh receptors but most certainly not your insulin receptors. What logic and science this is based on I have no idea but I belive mutant speaks of it if you Google mutants insulin protocol. I'm not saying its true or not true, just that there is talk of it. No insulin will sensitise your insulin receptors though. Some low carb days on Non training days can help as can cardio and a good diet over all.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Ok good to know, i will try 30iu pre workout. I am also taking Metformin and only use slin once a day pre work out on workout days only. So 4 times a week.
This should help greatly with insulin sensitivity. i also fast in the am and have no carbs up to my pre work out, intra and post work out.

Ok good to know, i will try 30iu pre workout. I am also taking Metformin and only use slin once a day pre work out on workout days only. So 4 times a week.

This should help greatly with insulin sensitivity. i also fast in the am and have no carbs up to my pre work out, intra and post work out.

I wouldn't start with 30iu, more like 15 and see how it goes. 30ius is a large dose in my opinion. Novolin is easy to control tho, in my experience because it works slower the. Humalog.

Why do I always feel logic is severely lacking at times with you hulkbulk...and I say that in a respectful way.
You don't just blast 30iu of slin. You often have completely erroneous premonitions bro.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131