over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Endogenous mgf and GH

Atexus

Banned
I've been reading a lot on how to take igf-1 (lr3 and Des), and so many say not to take it after your workout because it inhibits endogenous mgf production and therefore cell proliferation. If this is the case, why do people have such great success running GH postworkout? Since GH increases igf-1 levels, wouldn't that turn off mgf, stop cell proliferation, and hinder "gains?"

I've been reading a lot on how to take igf-1 (lr3 and Des), and so many say not to take it after your workout because it inhibits endogenous mgf production and therefore cell proliferation. If this is the case, why do people have such great success running GH postworkout? Since GH increases igf-1 levels, wouldn't that turn off mgf, stop cell proliferation, and hinder "gains?"

You do realize that MGF is a isoform of IGF called IGF-1Ec, right...

You do realize that MGF is a isoform of IGF called IGF-1Ec, right...

I was not aware. But it is my understanding mgf is responsible for cell proliferation, while igf-1 is responsible for cell differentiation. When mgf increases after workout, it is essentially shut off by introduction of igf-1 (hence people saying to take igf-1 8+ hours post workout). Assuming I have these basic details correct, my question stands. Why do people get great results injecting exogenous GH and raising igf-1 levels immediately post workout if it stops endogenous mgf production?

I was not aware. But it is my understanding mgf is responsible for cell proliferation, while igf-1 is responsible for cell differentiation. When mgf increases after workout, it is essentially shut off by introduction of igf-1 (hence people saying to take igf-1 8+ hours post workout). Assuming I have these basic details correct, my question stands. Why do people get great results injecting exogenous GH and raising igf-1 levels immediately post workout if it stops endogenous mgf production?

Because it takes time for IGF-1 to elevate. In fact, it takes some consistent gh use to really get levels up. It's not an instant thing and IGF-1 doesn't really correlate with the peak in plasma gh levels post injection. Also, gh doesn't peak until about 2 hours after I.M. injection (3-4 hours after S.C. injection, some debate on times). People timing injection right after workout for a pwo peak really aren't timing it right to begin with. Bros will be Bros tho.

http://www.nature.com/pr/journal/v15/n12/abs/pr19812231a.html

" I.m. injections lead to a peak HGH concentration at 2 hours (mean 204,range 135-475 ng/ml) with a return to baseline 8-10 hours after injection. Correspondingly HGH concentration peaked at 4 hrs (mean 38, range 15-68 ng/ml)after s.c. injection and returned to baseline about 18 hours after injection. In a subsequent study on similar patients (n=7,age 10-19 years) HGH (2IU/m2) was injected s.c. in the evening.HGH concentration peaked at 5 hours (mean 17,range 7-28 ng/ml) and returned to baseline 14 hours after injection.The results indicate that absorption from an i.m. depot is far too short to give a physiological diurnal profile of HGH in plasma - even by daily administration. However, daily s.c. injection will, if given in the evening, imitate normal nocturnal HGH profile."

However, other studies indicate IM 2x day (anything more than 1 bolus dose) is the best for raising igf-1 levels which is what we're going for not imitating a slow natural nocturnal release.

Last edited:
Your own igf isn't des or lr3. So when muscles are damaged this signals some of the igf to be MGF type IGF.

GI bro - great info thanks so IM not sub Q injections as typically sub Q is how most peptides and GH administered so I find interesting if there are more info on using IM

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner