over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Warning to Melanotan 2 users

discohornet

Kilo Klub Member
I see a lot of you having side effects with Melanotan 2. While some of you are using sensible doses, some of you still experience some of these side effects. Some of you also use too much and feel like shit afterwards.

I have experienced flu-like symptoms from it, and general achiness and feeling like crap. So I did some digging and it turns out that these side effects can be more than a nuisance. In some instances, you may be inducing a state of Rhabdomyolysis, a condition where muscle tissue breaks down at an alarming rate and your kidneys become compromised from the overwhelming task of clearing these metabolic wasteproducts from the bloodstream.

Also, note that the combined use of several other drugs, along with intense training, can produce this issue. If you are training hard, using a number of research peptides, and feel like you have the flu or feel really achy in your muscles, you may be giving yourself Rhabdomyolysis.

Please be safe, brothers!!

Dangerous Side Effect Of Melanotan: Rhabdomyolysis | Metabolic Alchemy

PS, if you do experience these sides, and you are too stubborn to seek medical attention, please drink a sodium bicarbonate solution and see if that helps your symptoms. In some cases, this will greatly benefit the kidneys while they deal with the onslaught of dead muscle tissue.

Thanks for the advice.
Im one of the guys that just can not use it.
Even the smallest dose makes me feel like shit for 24 hrs.

rAJJIN,

I am still trying to hunt down research as to what it is that causes the "feel like shit" aspects. I also have a feeling, after dealing with a stomach ulcer, that Melanotan does something more than just make your stomach hurt. I have a feeling it does something to the digestive tract that, after long-term use of this stuff, causes distress to the gastric mucosa in a way similar to how nSAIDS or SSRI's affect it. I'm not entirely sure, because I can't find any good research, but I got a hunch that the digestive issues are more than just a nuisance if someone uses it regularly, especially if they are also using other things which affect GI health like advil, other anti-inflammatories, and then god forbid, some alcohol thrown into the fire, so to speak.

I'll keep digging, but the bottom line is - to anyone using this stuff, or any other research stuff - if it makes you feel shitty, don't just "suck it up", or you could end up "throwing it up" in an ER at some point.

I remember reading a few people accidentally taking more than 1mg of this stuff. It's not a joke. The person in the article took 6mg, which is obviously way too much, but that doesn't mean that a 2mg dose isn't also way too much.

My main point being - some of this stuff, if used sporadically and judiciously, could be useful. But a lot of this stuff, used continuously, and without awareness of cross-interactions, could lead to some serious physical issues later down the road.

I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but I see a lot of users here that have lost their sense of respect for this stuff, and I hope they start listening more to their bodies than they do to feedback from users who may not be taking the same regimen that they are. IOW, there is a world of difference between someone who is taking a replacement dose of Test and decides to go wild with some gh releasers. It's a whole other thing for someone on a huge cycle to take a boom dose of these peptides, along with clen, along with melanotan, along with t3, along with....... you get the idea.

Stay safe, be healthy, guys....

Good points disco, but I must say, that doses shouldn't be in the 1mg range, or even 500mcg. I get great results at 100mcg 3x a week
That's what good MTII does, that's what Superior Peptides MTII does

Good points disco, but I must say, that doses shouldn't be in the 1mg range, or even 500mcg. I get great results at 100mcg 3x a week
That's what good MTII does, that's what Superior Peptides MTII does

Yeah the most I ever do is 250mcg per day and like with everything I have regular breaks.

Yeah the most I ever do is 250mcg per day and like with everything I have regular breaks.

Gotta take breaks! Too many guys don't take them and can't figure out why they feel like poop:confused:

thanx for the heads up bro. ive been doing 350mcg 4 times a week.

Wow, thanks for sharing! I've had rhabdo before which also caused kidney failure and ended up on dialysis. Never wanna go thru that again!

When I first used it years ago when
It was introduced it was recommended dose
Of 1/2mg day one, then 1mg per day during the loading
Phase. Maybe that's what ruin me on it.
Now even tiny amounts make me feel
Just as bad as the 1/2 mg or 1 mg did.

dosing too high or too frequently

man, you guys are just taking too much. IME

when i start, i start at 250mcg EOD. I get slight nausea for 10min or so after injection and tan ED or EOD. after 2 or so weeks IM DARK!!! after that i change to 500mcg once a week and tan the day of injections and continue the protocol. once again slight nausea after injection for 10mins but it keeps me as dark as can be. if i want to be darker i add in an extra day of tanning (2x per week). maybe you all are using for an other reason besides skin color?? if so please elaborate... and i know about the libido side effect. I get that with the above dose/protocol.
i know everybodys different on how the respond to chems. I seem like iron to most all supplements as far as sides go. I guess i should count my blessings!!!
i use porgen and superior. FTW :headbang:

I'm not seeing anything in the literature. I think the key to this is OVERDOSE. Overdose of anything that causes the flushing sensation we see with melanotan could potentially be an issue.

When I first used it years ago when
It was introduced it was recommended dose
Of 1/2mg day one, then 1mg per day during the loading
Phase. Maybe that's what ruin me on it.
Now even tiny amounts make me feel
Just as bad as the 1/2 mg or 1 mg did.

But when you state tiny doses what exactly are they? Fact is this stuff makes you feel crap at certain doses. It could really mess someone up at extreme doses (very dangerous). But have you tried a dose like 50mcg? People can be too impatient with everything.

I know guys who have reacted bad and when they do approx. 50mcg they are generally fine. Stay there 1 week and move up slowly to 100mcg over time. Some drugs just don't respond well to certain people but the nausea can be minimized with this approach. I would eat before dosing too (take it pre bed).

Elvia,
I am
Talking a dose of only
2 Iu!

10 mg I add 2ml of water.
So not sure exactly how
Many mcg that is?

I've done this a few times, to try and slowly move back up.

Elvia,
I am
Talking a dose of only
2 Iu!

10 mg I add 2ml of water.
So not sure exactly how
Many mcg that is?

I've done this a few times, to try and slowly move back up.

That would be 100mcg which is still a fair dose but sure very low. It may just not suit you. Just incase you ever try it again I would fill the vial up (3.5ml) and try 1IU then 2IU for a few days then 3IU and so on. Literally the smallest amount possible.

I remember taking too much of this stuff and was on the toilet for about 6 hours :eek: Now when I start it I don't get any nausea and feel fine on it and get stupid dark. It just takes few weeks to build up due to the low doses. Once it is built up you could take 500mcg and feel fine but I tend to stay at a max of 250mcg.

That would be 100mcg which is still a fair dose but sure very low. It may just not suit you. Just incase you ever try it again I would fill the vial up (3.5ml) and try 1IU then 2IU for a few days then 3IU and so on. Literally the smallest amount possible.

I remember taking too much of this stuff and was on the toilet for about 6 hours :eek: Now when I start it I don't get any nausea and feel fine on it and get stupid dark. It just takes few weeks to build up due to the low doses. Once it is built up you could take 500mcg and feel fine but I tend to stay at a max of 250mcg.

Ya I have to work up to 250mcg mself personally because every time I start at that dosage without building up to it I end up getting achy and didn't feel like moving at all. I started from 50-100-150-250 (which 50 is really low but I wanted to get a better measurement).

I wonder if anybody else's hands turns kind of redish and then tans. I always turn a bit red for a few days and then get darker...

The following came from the webpage you quoted:

A 39 year-old Caucasian male injected subcutaneously 6 mg of Melanotan II purchased over the Internet in an attempt to darken his skin during wintertime.........Now, I do have to point out that this patient tested positive for opiates......

Perhaps the author of this study and this web page were kind of quick to blame melanotan II even though the normal dose of melanotan is 250mcg. Why would anyone take 6mg in the first place unless they are a short a few brain cells? But lets take a look at this study.

Blain PG, Lane RJ, Bateman DN, Rawlins MD. Opiate-induced rhabdomyolysis. Hum Toxicol. 1985 Jan;4(1):71-4.

Abstract

Three patients with opiate self-poisoning developed acute muscle damage with elevated serum aspartate aminotransferase and creatine kinase activities, increased serum myoglobin concentrations, raised plasma creatinine concentrations, hypocalcaemia and hyperphosphataemia. These abnormalities gradually resolved over 7-10 days, but recovery was complicated due to the development of acute renal failure (requiring haemodialysis) in one patient. Plasma drug concentrations, shortly after admission, in the patients taking dihydrocodeine and morphine were grossly elevated (184 and 60 micrograms/l respectively). Clinical evidence of myopathy was minimal in all three patients and muscle biopsy of one patient was normal at 7 days.​

Wonder why these researchers didn't look into whether or not the opiates might have caused this?

Anyway, those of use who use NORMAL amounts of melanotan II surely don't have to worry about causing rhabdomyolysis.:D

Last edited:
I've taken mt2 at 250mcg to 500mcg per day with test, tren, mast, letrozole, t3, prami, and other stuff and I've never had anything but mild nausea a few minutes after injection, had itchiness all over my body for about 10 minutes, spike in blood pressure for a few minutes, and spontaneous erections.

I think everybody is different though. Winstrol makes me so lethargic that I can't get out of bed. A little bit of a high dose on prami makes me want to die.

Good thing about mt2 is that once you get your tan it's very easy to hold onto it with infrequent shots and minimal sunlight, and even once you stop taking shots the tan takes months to fade out fully.

Thanks for the advice.
Im one of the guys that just can not use it.
Even the smallest dose makes me feel like shit for 24 hrs.

The tan I get from using it is unreal but the nausea I get
from i can be hardly tolerable at times. I only use 1/2mg
so maybe I will try a 1/4mg next time...if I use it again.
PT141 was even worse as far as the nausea.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear