advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How long after shooting 10iu of Humulin R can I go to bed?

ghbrah

Banned
getting pretty tired, but i only shot it 2 hours ago
should i stay up for another 4-6 hours to be safe

or will i wake up if i need carbs while sleeping

10 IU isn't enough to kill anyone, regardless of the circumstances. You could have not eaten for 24 hours, inject 10 IU Humulin, continue not eating, and you still wouldn't come close to dying. Glucogenesis would kick in and you would be fine.

being that there is no danger, you can go to bed whenever you want. Besides, if you are eating before bed like you should be--or close to it--you will be able to put that slin to good use regardless of whether you wait 3 hours or no hours to go to bed.

So 10iu of slin really isn't as dangerous as everyone says it is?

Regardless, going hypo isn't a good feeling and always scares me a tad.

Slin is unpredictable- how someone says 10 iu won't kill you is beyond me...10 iu or 3 iu, if the bodies blood sugar environment is just right you can be dead as doornail.
Have respect for drugs like this - they work but they can cause you a visit to the ER.
Eat something substantial with the shot, and do it IM this will cut down the time the insulin is active by roughly 50%.

10 iu has put me hypoglycemic a number of times.
Lite headed, cold sweats and close to passing out.
Don't sleep - EAT

If Mike says you wont die then im assuming you wont die as he knows more than i do.

However im with Concreter, Ajdos and PB on this one... I have gone hypo on 10iu of slin and if i wasnt going to die i sure felt like it. It was not a good feeling at all, and if it hit me in my sleep it would have been unpleasant to say the least.

I would wait 7 hours. You should be consuming calories for about 6 hours or so... Again im not expert on this, i have just read up on how long humilin r is active for and have read a lot of the info on this board. Make your own conclusion...

Make sure you cover half the carbs initially 3 min after shot with a vitargo or glycofuse. 10 minutes later have a nice solid meal. About 3 hours later have another meal. Make sure to cover the carbs and than some. Sort of like a saftey net.

Slin is unpredictable- how someone says 10 iu won't kill you is beyond me...10 iu or 3 iu, if the bodies blood sugar environment is just right you can be dead as doornail.
Have respect for drugs like this - they work but they can cause you a visit to the ER.
Eat something substantial with the shot, and do it IM this will cut down the time the insulin is active by roughly 50%.

So then, roughly, what time window can we count on the "peak" being active after 10iu of an IM Humalin-R shot?

41044d1001993366-humulin-vs-humalog-insulin-activity-chart.gif

If I use slin, I'd be looking at a timeline like this. 6:00-6:30 PM commute. Train at 6:30 pm. Home by 8:30 at latest. Eat solid PWO meal anywhere from 7:45-8:30. Trying to sleep by 10:00 pm. Already do a full blown Intra pepto/HBCD/etc. drink. What's the best way to incorporate slin in this window so I dont Elvis out in my sleep. LOL. I'd like to try and apply Mike Arnold's protocol to this rather than just using slin PWO, also gives me more time for peak to drop before bed. I go hypo easy, in fact I go hypo on regular training days sometimes if my carbs weren't right in my last real meal. I have glucose tabs in my gym bag already haha. Going to bed with active slin seems risky/scary because I have never messed with slin. You cant eat some carbs asleep. From what Ive read, most BB's who actually die or seizure out on slin is because they felt tired (or bad) and laid down to take a nap/rest and fell asleep when they shouldn't have.

Just seems like a sin to run this Nordi w/ no slin at all. Even if it was just 10iu on workout days.

Last edited:
Why even take the chance, don't do it around your bed time.

So then, roughly, what time window can we count on the "peak" being active after 10iu of an IM Humalin-R shot?

If I use slin, I'd be looking at a timeline like this. 6:00-6:30 PM commute. Train at 6:30 pm. Home by 8:30 at latest. Eat solid PWO meal anywhere from 7:45-8:30. Trying to sleep by 10:00 pm. Already do a full blown Intra pepto/HBCD/etc. drink. What's the best way to incorporate slin in this window so I dont Elvis out in my sleep. LOL. I'd like to try and apply Mike Arnold's protocol to this rather than just using slin PWO, also gives me more time for peak to drop before bed. I go hypo easy, in fact I go hypo on regular training days sometimes if my carbs weren't right in my last real meal. I have glucose tabs in my gym bag already haha. Going to bed with active slin seems risky/scary because I have never messed with slin. You cant eat some carbs asleep. From what Ive read, most BB's who actually die or seizure out on slin is because they felt tired (or bad) and laid down to take a nap/rest and fell asleep when they shouldn't have.

Just seems like a sin to run this Nordi w/ no slin at all. Even if it was just 10iu on workout days.

Damn fellas! Do I have to hire a "guru" around here to get some basic slin timing advice so I dont TKO myself! ;) Regular subQ Hum-R shot peaks at about 2-2.5 hours, stays there about 2hrs, declines at about 4 hours and falls over the next 2-3 hours.

Why even take the chance, don't do it around your bed time.

You may be right. That is my schedule though. I'm at work real early, AM workouts would mean even earlier rise time.

Last edited:
Humalog, I find it will hit me twice, two waves. One 45-60 minutes into it, and another anywhere from 90-120 minutes later.

Usually I find I can pass that first wave and not feel it, if I can get a good meal in before that 2nd wave hits me I am in the clear.

First of all, I was referring to humulin, as this is the insulin the OP was referring to. I alos consider myself to be on the "safe" side when it comes to insulin use.

With that, I will repeat the previous statement once again by saying "there is no way in hell anyone is going to die from 10 U if humulin, regardless of the circumstances. Not even Humalog can kill you at 10 IU.

With all due respect, anyone who thinks that 10 IU of insulin can kill someone is not educated enough on the subject to be giving advice on it.

Here's how it works. Before someone injects insulin, their BG will be in a normal range. The body will never allow BG to get too low, as it has the ability to regulate BG levels independently of food intake.

Let's say we inject 10 IU of humulin, but don't eat. What will happen? BG will start to drop, as insulin begins to transport circulating BG into cells. If BG drops below a certain point, we will begin to feel the typical symptoms of hypoglycemia.

If it doesn't get below a certain point, the body doesn't worry too much--it will simply continue to keep an eye on things and allow things to resolve themselves in time, which is usually what will happen.

However, if BG drops below what the body is comfortable with, it will counter the drop in BG by initiating a process called glucogenesis, which is the conversion of glycogen into BG. It is quite efficient at this process...and the lower BG gets, the more rapidly glucogenesis takes place.

Most people never get to this point, as they go and eat some food as soon as they feel the first symptoms of hypoglycemia. Just through glucogenesis alone, the body is easily able to deal with 10 IU of humulin, but, that is not the body's only defense mechanism.

You should also remember that the body has currently circulating BG at its disposal, as well as a massive amount of stored liver glycogen, which it can dump into the bloodstream in the form of glucose in the case of an emergency.

When taking into consideration currently circulating glucose, plus all the stored glycogen which can be called upon in the case of an emergency through glucogenesis, it becomes immediately apparent that 10 IU of insulin will never kill anyone.

LOL...just to put things in perspective, I know a guy who tried to kill himself by insulin overdose. He injected 1,000 IU of Humulin at once and went to sleep. He woke up 3 hours later in a state of severe hypoglycemia. No doubt, his body had already been fighting the massive levels of circulating insulin through glucogenesis for some time, given the fact he was still alive 3 hours post-injection--a time when the majority of that 1,000 IU already would have hit the bloodstream. The only reason he wasn't dead was because of the body's self-defense mechanisms.

By that point he was losing the battle, but his body pulled him through long enough for him to get to the kitchen by himself and eat a bunch of simple sugars. Apparently, he had second thoughts about suicide.

keep in mind, this was at a dose of 1,000 IU, 3 hours post-inject, with no food consumed immediately after the inject. He lived.

10 IU of Humulin? Gimme a fucking break! I don't care if you have the insulin sensitivity of a new-born fucking baby--you aren't going to die--not even close!

I thought about what I typed before I posted it---but I still posted--because what I said was accurate. However, if my post was read all the way through, you will notice I also said that the OP should be eating before bed, or close to it, so that he can use that insulin to his benefit.

The OP's question was "how long does he have to wait after injecting 10 IU if Humulin before going to bed"? The answer was and is, he doesn't! As long as he eats the amount of food he normally would when using that dose of Humulin, not only will he be able to take advantage of that slin, but he will also be 100% absolutely fine no matter what! Period.

Food after injecting + currently circulating BG + the body's natural defense systems= no chance in hell of the OP going into a coma in the middle of the night, let alone dying.

To the OP, the next time you are going to inject your 10 IU close to bed, go ahead and eat what you normally would to cover that dose of slin, then go to sleep. The next day, come back here in ghost-form and tell us all how you died, but if you happen to escape death, at least tell us how you spent the following 7 days in a hypoglycemia-induced coma, but if that doesn't happen, at least tell us how the ER staff fought valiantly to keep you from going into a coma, but if that doesn't happen, at least come back here and tell us how you were completely fucking fine...because that's exactly what is going to happen. Now, that was one hell of a run-on sentence!

So, to repeat my advice from yesterday, "it doesn't matter whether you wait to go to bed or not...just eat some food like you should be anyway and you will be fine regardless of when you decide to hit the sack".

REALLY interesting post ! :headbang:

Humalog, I find it will hit me twice, two waves. One 45-60 minutes into it, and another anywhere from 90-120 minutes later.

Usually I find I can pass that first wave and not feel it, if I can get a good meal in before that 2nd wave hits me I am in the clear.

The "wave" is usually misunderstood to mean something it isn't. The entire idea of waves got started because after injecting Humulin, people would feel their BG drop, eat, then feel fine for a while, and then feel their BG drop again. This led people to believe that their insulin was being released in "waves".

Or, in your case, you would inject Humalog, escape the first wave without eating and still feel fine, then get hit by the 2nd wave if you didn't eat soon enough and feel your BG drop.

In reality, when injecting Humulin or Humalog, the insulin from the injection enters the bloodstream at roughly the same rate from beginning to end. there is no significant "wave" in which a blast of insulin is released in the beginning and then another blast later on.

So, what is going on then? In your case, you did not feel the Humalog for the first 90-120 minutes not because you escaped the first "wave" but because you simply had enough currently circulating BG present to keep your BG levels in a normal range for the first 90-120 minutes. But, by the time you reached 90-120 minutes, the Humalog had burned through currently circulating BG and it was at that point that you began to feel symptoms of hypoglycemia. there was no "2nd " wave, circulating BG levels just ran low.

The Humalog had been chomping away at BG levels the entire time within minutes of first injecting it--you just didn't feel it until your current BG was no longer adequate to maintain normal BG levels.

With Humulin, its the same principle, but since it's longer acting, people think the waves come at different times. there are no significant waves--the insulin from the Humulin releases at a pretty steady pace the entire time. Remember, it regular Humulin insulin. There is nothing within it which cases absorption to be delayed at certain points post-injection.

Let's say someone takes humulin and gets hypo symptoms 2 hours in. At that point they eat and feel better. Why do they sometimes have another hypo episode? Well, if the food they ate is only capable of maintaining BG for a few hours, the insulin will still be present after the BG from that meal was used up, resulting in more hypo symptoms. There was never a "2nd" wave.

Whether or not someone feels one "wave" or two "waves" or no "waves" at all will depend on what and how much they eat, not on some wacky release pattern in which the slin is released in waves. This is why some guys can eat one huge meal before an injection of humulin and never feel a thing...because they ate a meal which was able to maintain adequate BG the entire time the slin was active. But, if someone doesn't eat enough, or they eat only fast digesting carbs, BG may drop once or even twice during the slin's active life, leading them to believe that the drop(s) in BG they feel is due to the slin being relegated in waves.

Exactly. And I have gone hypo while waiting for me and my brother to get a table at a restaurant after a hard training session. I find it amazing how some people can preach against mega dosing test or other hormones, but play with slin like it's a new toy on christmas. Going hypo isn't fun, and that shit is scary when your shaking and sweating like a beast, feeling like you're going to black out. There's no way I'd want to go to sleep and risk that happening to me. I don't care if it'll kill me or not, I'd rather be safe and avoid it by using slin with caution and what I call common sense, which seems like a lot of people don't have now a days.

To say 10iu won't kill you is true. You can not eat anything... But it's definitely not going to be a fun ride, and isn't smart..

And if you're going to do slin, you should have had answers to these questions already.

The "wave" is usually misunderstood to mean something it isn't. The entire idea of waves got started because after injecting Humulin, people would feel their BG drop, eat, then feel fine for a while, and then feel their BG drop again. This led people to believe that their insulin was being released in "waves".

Or, in your case, you would inject Humalog, escape the first wave without eating and still feel fine, then get hit by the 2nd wave if you didn't eat soon enough and feel your BG drop.

In reality, when injecting Humulin or Humalog, the insulin from the injection enters the bloodstream at roughly the same rate from beginning to end. there is no significant "wave" in which a blast of insulin is released in the beginning and then another blast later on.

So, what is going on then? In your case, you did not feel the Humalog for the first 90-120 minutes not because you escaped the first "wave" but because you simply had enough currently circulating BG present to keep your BG levels in a normal range for the first 90-120 minutes. But, by the time you reached 90-120 minutes, the Humalog had burned through currently circulating BG and it was at that point that you began to feel symptoms of hypoglycemia. there was no "2nd " wave, circulating BG levels just ran low.

The Humalog had been chomping away at BG levels the entire time within minutes of first injecting it--you just didn't feel it until your current BG was no longer adequate to maintain normal BG levels.

With Humulin, its the same principle, but since it's longer acting, people think the waves come at different times. there are no significant waves--the insulin from the Humulin releases at a pretty steady pace the entire time. Remember, it regular Humulin insulin. There is nothing within it which cases absorption to be delayed at certain points post-injection.

Let's say someone takes humulin and gets hypo symptoms 2 hours in. At that point they eat and feel better. Why do they sometimes have another hypo episode? Well, if the food they ate is only capable of maintaining BG for a few hours, the insulin will still be present after the BG from that meal was used up, resulting in more hypo symptoms. There was never a "2nd" wave.

Whether or not someone feels one "wave" or two "waves" or no "waves" at all will depend on what and how much they eat, not on some wacky release pattern in which the slin is released in waves. This is why some guys can eat one huge meal before an injection of humulin and never feel a thing...because they ate a meal which was able to maintain adequate BG the entire time the slin was active. But, if someone doesn't eat enough, or they eat only fast digesting carbs, BG may drop once or even twice during the slin's active life, leading them to believe that the drop(s) in BG they feel is due to the slin being relegated in waves.

Exactly this is why I maintain BG levels with meal pre w/o with some healthy fats, intra carb drink then eat right after training and will be fine. But some days timing may get thrown off for whatever reason and BG levels may drop before I get that meal in me and thats what I the wave I was refering to, I wasnt meaning the Insulin releases in waves but great post.

I could take 10iu pre w/o then have 150g carbs intra and still feel that "wave" sometime post w/o had I not eaten. Some might think they will be ok because of they took in 150g carbs, not the case. You need to go eat or have a shake with carbs post w/o or whatever the case is.

I had a friend taking 6iu Humalog post w/o. After a week or two he was calling me asking me why he was sweating like a pig and hungry as a horse and couldnt stop eating sugars. He swore he was taking only 6iu, so I went over to check and he showed me, well he was taking 60iu!!!! I couldnt believe it but he was fine. Good thing he was running a supplement store that also made food there.

I know a guy - non bodybuilder - is diabetic and took and extra shot of slin one day... No one knows why... He was in a coma for 4 months and now is a total jellyhead... Its horrible... I stay away.. Guys that choose to use are fine by me but I choose not to. I do not believe there is ANY "exact" science to slin use... My friend took damn near a year to learn to walk again and two decades later still needs help with daily life...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
MindMuscle88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131