over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Great new insulin article by Mike Arnold

I used to use Novalin R 10iu AM 10iu PM on workout days only (5 days a week)

got pretty chunky pretty quick.

so I switched to 15iu 3x per day, 3 days a week. still seeing good progress and much less fat gain.

4 weeks on, 4 off... no GH

I used to use Novalin R 10iu AM 10iu PM on workout days only (5 days a week)

got pretty chunky pretty quick.

so I switched to 15iu 3x per day, 3 days a week. still seeing good progress and much less fat gain.

4 weeks on, 4 off... no GH

I know many would disagree, but I personally I wouldn't want to use insulin without GH. I like the shield the GH provides when it comes to fat gain. Not saying it's wrong not to use GH with it though.

I know many would disagree, but I personally I wouldn't want to use insulin without GH. I like the shield the GH provides when it comes to fat gain. Not saying it's wrong not to use GH with it though.

well, I don't want to use it without GH... but not trying to spend a lot for hygetropin and get ghrp6 instead ya feel?

well, I don't want to use it without GH... but not trying to spend a lot for hygetropin and get ghrp6 instead ya feel?

That's a logical alternative IMO. Better than nothing.

I did Mike's insulin protocol and put on 30lbs that month. I haven't touched it since because it took 3 months for my my body to get used to gaining that much weight in such a short period of time

I feel like, while not introducing a lot of new info, he did a phenom job at clarifying its use as well as raising awareness on issues that need attention....

What strikes me most is WOW he is a good writer. HAS to have a formal education in english....

I recently mentioned about a bodybuilder who uses slin before every meal. I should have also mentioned he uses no hgh whatsoever (or peptides). Whilst I think both combined is better for obvious reasons. If you do things right you are not gonna turn fat running slin in cycles without hgh.

I have not used slin In yrs but its time to Blow UP.
Even then it was 8iu, obviously not near enough for my bodyweight or training methods.
Post workout, 20iu's 150 carbs and 100 whey iso should pile it on.
Worst case I'll get to 10% bf.

Do you think once a day is enough ???
And when is best for GH ???

Last edited:
That was a great read and his style makes it easy to understand. It confirms what I thought about fat gain and insulin use even without using gear. As long as the diet is right it shouldn't be an issue and if it starts to be an issue as far as fat gain, then something is wrong with the diet.

I did Mike's insulin protocol and put on 30lbs that month. I haven't touched it since because it took 3 months for my my body to get used to gaining that much weight in such a short period of time

What other AAS/peps did you use and how many units of insulin?

definitely a good read.

I've been wondering if someone is on a low carb diet and only has carbs peri-workout, if 3-5iu of insulin would be worth incorporating. keeping insulin low to fit the low amount of carbs. Usually no more than 30-50.

Last edited:
I recently mentioned about a bodybuilder who uses slin before every meal. I should have also mentioned he uses no hgh whatsoever (or peptides). Whilst I think both combined is better for obvious reasons. If you do things right you are not gonna turn fat running slin in cycles without hgh.

Interested in more info if you have?

Currently looking into first time slin use and this is the way I woild go - taking it say 3/4x a day before meals.

I train late at night ( 10:30pm ) so taking after workout isn't good enough as i usally get into bed at midnight/12:30

definitely a good read.

I've been wondering if someone is on a low carb diet and only has carbs peri-workout, if 3-5iu of insulin would be worth incorporating. keeping insulin low to fit the low amount of carbs. Usually no more than 30-50.

That's what the article gets at im sure. Incorporate enough slin to match what your carb intake already is.

Go for it and experiment!

This is the part that hit close to home.

"Another frequently misunderstood subject is how many carbohydrates one should eat when using insulin. Many people look at this the wrong way. They think “how many carbs do I need to eat in order to ward off hypoglycemia”, rather than asking how many carbs they need to optimize recovery and growth. More to the point, they allow their insulin dose to determine their carbohydrate intake, rather than using carbohydrate intake to determine insulin dose. This is a mistake. Before one even contemplates using insulin, they first thing they should do is determine the amount of carbs they need to maximize recovery & growth. Only after that has been done can one determine an appropriate insulin dose."

When I tried it, I was so scared of fat gain and lowered my carb intake to reach my insulin dose. Looks like having some extra carbs per iu even if it's more than 10 per iu is ok.

Good stuff, I learn a lot from all his posts/write-ups and other guys here willing to help (you know who you are!). Slin use is the last area I dont feel well versed in yet...

That's what the article gets at im sure. Incorporate enough slin to match what your carb intake already is.

Go for it and experiment!

Thought about it quite a bit. Current coach has told me not to right now. I'll wait until I get the go ahead from him to test it. Makes you wonder though.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
locoslave
NapsGear